Removal of auto cloning and pre scanning

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Zarniwoop
Byond Username: Dagum

Re: Removal of auto cloning and pre scanning

Post by Zarniwoop » #462268

Bottom post of the previous page:

JStheguy wrote:
somerandomguy wrote:
Mark9013100 wrote:
Actionb wrote: This is where the phrase "learn 2 code" comes in - even if you had the best ideas, you cannot force a volunteer coder to implement them; you would have to do it youself.
Except that's what I did and my PR got shot down.
Usually it gets merged unless your code is bad, your feature is unbalanced, or it conflicts with oranges' vision for the game
It would help if you could link it so I could see
"Why do we have feedback threads if the only feedback that matters is Oranges'?"
"Just learn to code, you'll be able get your changes in easily, as long as Oranges is okay with it."
Yea, they’ll use any kind of broken logic to tell anyone they disagree with they’re wrong. They literally state your own point back to you as though it’s some kind of rebuttal of what you said. Never mind ever addressing the fact that this is a GAME and the entire purpose of coding anything at all for it is for the enjoyment of the people PLAYING the GAME. Why should they get zero say while coders, many of whom barely play, if at all, are the end-all be-all of what is implemented?

And to the jackass saying this is what he admin elections are for, you know that’s absolutely asinine. Doesn’t really matter what they decide if the coders can just remove whatever it is and say it doesn’t fit their “vision.”

Just cut the shit and admit nobody really in charge gives a fuck what the players want. Oranges has made clear plenty of times how much he loathes the players for deigning to think they have any say in a game they play a hell of a lot more than he does.
somerandomguy
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Post by somerandomguy » #462269

Zarniwoop wrote:
JStheguy wrote:
somerandomguy wrote:
Mark9013100 wrote:
Actionb wrote: This is where the phrase "learn 2 code" comes in - even if you had the best ideas, you cannot force a volunteer coder to implement them; you would have to do it youself.
Usually it gets merged unless your code is bad, your feature is unbalanced, or it conflicts with oranges' vision for the game
"Why do we have feedback threads if the only feedback that matters is Oranges'?"
"Just learn to code, you'll be able get your changes in easily, as long as Oranges is okay with it."
Yea, they’ll use any kind of broken logic to tell anyone they disagree with they’re wrong. They literally state your own point back to you as though it’s some kind of rebuttal of what you said. Never mind ever addressing the fact that this is a GAME and the entire purpose of coding anything at all for it is for the enjoyment of the people PLAYING the GAME. Why should they get zero say while coders, many of whom barely play, if at all, are the end-all be-all of what is implemented?

And to the jackass saying this is what he admin elections are for, you know that’s absolutely asinine. Doesn’t really matter what they decide if the coders can just remove whatever it is and say it doesn’t fit their “vision.”

Just cut the shit and admit nobody really in charge gives a fuck what the players want. Oranges has made clear plenty of times how much he loathes the players for deigning to think they have any say in a game they play a hell of a lot more than he does.
You do know MSO can and will fork the codebase if coderbus goes rogue
DrunkenMatey
Byond Username: DrunkenMatey

Post by DrunkenMatey » #462290

Oranges Man Bad
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #462292

JStheguy wrote:
somerandomguy wrote:
Mark9013100 wrote:
Well somebody has to resolve conflicts. Do you have a problem with oranges personally or do you simply disagree with his design considerations? I can understand being mad about making something and getting rejected, that's fair. But hey, it happens. Change people's minds or move on. Bitching about management isn't going to help, and it's off topic anyway.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #462553

orange man bad
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #462566

thing is oranges doesnt make PRs so he only holds executive power and not legislative (ppl who make prs)