Cult power creep

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Re: Cult power creep

Post by cedarbridge » #490250

Bottom post of the previous page:

Why is this in general and not coding feedback?
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #490251

Cult is my favourite antagonist by far, and I hate what's been done to it. I miss the days of talismans and needing to prepare for fifteen minutes before you can actually pose a threat to anyone. The tome was so much better than the edgy dagger too. And Nar'Sie's soothing, female voice was so much better.
Roll back everything to two years ago.
Bring back papercult.

confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #490404

Why does winrate need to be close to 50/50 anyways? Now that the only goal for cult is “end the fucking round” I don’t think it’s ridiculous to make it harder for cultists. It isn’t nuke op, it isn’t rev, it’s more like traitor-round doesn’t end when all cultists die. Letting cult be weaker (It’s better in every fucking way than it used to I see no reason why not) means sec doesn’t need to always go full nazi so it’ll still balance out somewhat, and winning may even be somewhat rewarding for cultists.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #490413

bring back the veteran litmus test aka research cult.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #490420

As this is primarily related to coded features, it has been moved to the appropriate forum.
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?
imsxz
Byond Username: Imsxz

Post by imsxz » #490454

yes please revert to when cult could have infinite spells instead of just 4 PLEASE I LOVE STUN PAPERS BECAUSE I COULD HAVE AS MANY AS I WANTED.

i also liked when it was even more newbie unfriendly than it already is because it lets me feel superior over new players

btw cults pretty easy to kill as sec if you find them early and care enough to try and beat them. if they get called out really early clamp right down on them and use flashbangs because if it's early in the round they probably wont have sec gear like flashbang protection or disablers or batons, and there's zero excuse for losing to someone vulnerable to flashbangs as sec especially when theyre full melee.

if cult's running rampant and at the red halo stage or whatever, behead corpses of dead cultists. they can be revived if their head is attached. If you know where their mass conversion site is, immediately work towards fucking it over even if it's as ghetto as a welderbomb it usually disorients the hell out of them.

bonus gamer tips: mop cleans runes, even invisible ones. use this for barriers or cleaning up runes from that convert site you just wiped out.

tl;dr cult isnt that strong git gud

please subscribe to me on youtube
terranaut wrote:i saw this video before it was posted here
you too can be cool like me if you just subscribe to imsxz youtube channel :shades:
Arianya wrote:no, not the snails, shut up imsxz
Nervore wrote:I am going to will you out of existence, Imsxz.
One day, you will just cease to exist.
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #490459

Shut the fuck up imsxz, cultists being able to store 4 parastings in their arm isn't fair even if it might be "balanced" in the same way dropping a large boulder onto a scale blindfolded is balanced since it's 50/50 which side it'll land on. Why're you implying making cult not cancer = reverting it to the version of cult right before it (which was still better). We could try other new, still bad, ideas. There was a time when you could only have up to 3 stun papers at once in the start, and if yiu had a forge you could make more at the same rate as anything else, and it was still balanced, because cult players weren't dumbfucks and actually utilized stealth, while sec didn't have to go full turbo mode since the gamemode was balanced! I didn't like the word cheese part of wordcult, but I liked having actual progression instead of cult being ridiculously powerful from the start. Maybe cult is balanced to you, maybe you think 50 50 is ideal. Maybe you don't care if cult wins are a round ender since nuke op is the same way. One thing's for sure. Cult isn't FUN.
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #490460

Storing 4 parastings in your arm requires you to draw a rune which, when found, will alert everybody to the gamemode and if you're nearby probably out you as antag.
It requires you to own an item which will without fail out you as an antag.
If you breathe a single molecule of holy water you will lose all of your prepared parastings.
Using your parasting requires you to be non-stunned and have a hand free (unlike actual parasting)
Preparing 4 parastings will lock you out of the rest of your toolkit, until you can run back to your rune or make a new one where you can alter your toolkit.

Compare to changeling where, if I get stunned and cuffed, have the time to calmly buy cryosting and monkeyform and escape my captor.
confused rock wrote:One thing's for sure. Cult isn't FUN.
Well I like it, what now?
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

CrazyClown12
Byond Username: CrazyClown12

Post by CrazyClown12 » #490480

Team antags are bad because you rely on other people to not be retarded. However, Cult is good and balanced because 50% of the time one person pretty much does everything required to win, the other 50% of the time some literal subhuman will start stabbing his workmates at roundstart with a dagger before any momentum can be gained.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #490483

Parasting ling under performed traitor you keep your filthy near 50% win rate group antag bullshit away from their sacred tomb.