"Things I Like" Thread

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

"Things I Like" Thread

Post by Farquaar » #475545

I really like the new genetics system. It's a lot more intuitive and a heck of a lot more fun. Not to mention, it's a lot more balanced than before since you can't just stack all the powers on one guy who'll just go around smashing windows for the rest of the round.
► Show Spoiler
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Re: "Things I Like" Thread

Post by Shadowflame909 » #475548

I like the paranoia factor of this game. Every department, and I mean EVERY department has something you need to watch early game, or else you're going to get your round ended.

Late-Game, is a different story. Every Job more or less has something that can kill you very fast, but the paranoia factor has faded away because the big bad jobs hadn't acted on that.

Remember, Medical Doctors late-game can make Romerol. And Late-Game assistants can nab a pulse pistol and a nukie hardsuit. Or maybe just a Nukie Hardsuit and a Syndicate Revolver.
► Show Spoiler
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #475666

I like the emp flashlight, he disables all the headsets and doesn't afraid of anything
Recurracy
Byond Username: Recurracy

Post by Recurracy » #476746

Definitely Botany. I get it's disliked by many but fuck me, making crazy shit with plants is just too much fun
Ispiria
Byond Username: Ispiria

Post by Ispiria » #476878

I like the community. It's a finely balanced mesh of shitposters, tryhards, newbies, and goody-goodies. Without all of you this game would never be worth playing.

As for the code though I guess the hypospray is pretty neat, stealthy 1HKO with zombie powder is the easiest way to kill somebody, and because it doesn't do any damage even a pacifist can use it.

Also that you can light cigarettes with a blowtorch or a pulse rifle. That's just awesome.
JStheguy
Byond Username: JStheguy

Post by JStheguy » #488606

The whole "just slap credits into/outta your ID" system is noice, infinitely preferable to having to dick around with ATMs like on most other servers.
SaveVatznick
Byond Username: SaveVatznick

Post by SaveVatznick » #488710

Request consoles and newscasters are super cool but no one uses them because they require some thought and reading ability to get anything out of. Request consoles even have a button to summom security to the room. They also have a cool feature to swipe your ID to verify you made your request.

Fire alarms are also cool to use as a practical tool to break up chases.
Leora Fleebish is every bad part of me stuffed into a 32x32 sprite.
teepeepee
Byond Username: Teepeepee

Post by teepeepee » #488724

SaveVatznick wrote:Request consoles and newscasters are super cool but no one uses them because they require some thought and reading ability to get anything out of. Request consoles even have a button to summom security to the room. They also have a cool feature to swipe your ID to verify you made your request.

Fire alarms are also cool to use as a practical tool to break up chases.
req consoles even broadcasts the message you sent over departmental comms but they still get ignored, saddest thing after tablets not replacing PDAs

also shift+e and shift+b