Remove Cult Recall

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Remove Cult Recall

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #475748

Anyone who actually plays a blood cult round knows that they can easily win already especially since they can already teleport around. Even a single cultist, who isn't completely new, can win a game by just using a rune to summon a ghost.

They clearly don't need the ability to summon all cultists at once since it's really only used for the summoning rune and nothing else. Maybe if a cult leader wants to fuck over his team then he'll do it at a different situation however those are usually new players or people who really hate dying.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Re: Remove Cult Recall

Post by wesoda25 » #475750

I think a PR is underway to make it so that you can’t instant summon in a summon area.
[this space reserved]
somerandomguy
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Post by somerandomguy » #475826

You're supposed to use it if everyone gets captured at once
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #475835

somerandomguy wrote:You're supposed to use it if everyone gets captured at once
No, it was specifically added to solve the problem of disorganized cults not being able to get 9 people to stand on a rune.

Which honestly if they cant do they dont deserve to win. It is a lazy spell, added by Robustin to solve a problem that didnt need to be solved.
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #475844

Maybe the real question is, why force 9 people to be together if you have to force them to do it? It's not interesting to stand around a circle and it's even less interesting to be forced to do so. IOW, if you remove recall, remove the 9-needed requirement for summoning Nar-Nar.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
Mickyan
Github User
Byond Username: Mickyan
Github Username: Mickyan

Post by Mickyan » #475845

MisterPerson wrote:Maybe the real question is, why force 9 people to be together if you have to force them to do it? It's not interesting to stand around a circle and it's even less interesting to be forced to do so. IOW, if you remove recall, remove the 9-needed requirement for summoning Nar-Nar.
It's important because it requires cultists to defend the rune as a group instead of having one person wall themselves in with a rcd

If standing on a rune sounds like it's just tedious, doing so while being actively under attack is nearly impossible and cult rounds have been won and lost depending on how prepared the cult was to defend the summoning site

You can't just delay the attackers, you have to REPEL them and it's a great climactic ending to the mode especially if the two teams are somewhat evenly matched
ImageI play on Manuel as Swanni, the brain-damaged moth.
Be nice to each other.
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #475895

It can still be like 4 or 5, that's usually not too hard to accomplish assuming the cultists are reasonable. Alternatively introduce a price to teleporting, such as serious damage, long stun times, or what have you. It really depends on what the actual problem is.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
subject217
Github User
Byond Username: Subject217
Github Username: subject217

Post by subject217 » #475938

wesoda25 wrote:I think a PR is underway to make it so that you can’t instant summon in a summon area.
Robustin made it a while ago and it staled. I meant to steal it. Looking at the merge conflicts with it right now, but it's a bit of a pain in the butt.

Oh, Pickles gave it a shot recently but he gave up. I'm gonna get it working now and PR it, standby.