Stamina regeneration Vs disablers

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Kryson
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Kryson

Stamina regeneration Vs disablers

Post by Kryson » #480196

With the pending PR removing tasers from the sec arsenal and the shift to disablers. I have a question what this will mean for the games stun resistance options.

Aranesp gives 18 stamina regen / cycle, is this enough to be able to resist arrest effectively when being gunned down with disablers?

If not, how much do you estimate would be needed?

Lets say that i'm hypothetically designing a new syndicate item that is intended to provide good stun resistance, how much stamina regen is needed to counter or greatly reduce the effectiveness of disabler fire?
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Re: Stamina regeneration Vs disablers

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #480198

first of all aranesp is shit, being put in stamina crit gives you a 10s knockdown (7s?) of normal stun and if the dude isnt high on every drug in the game it should be enough to baton n cuff
Kryson
Code Maintainer

Post by Kryson » #480200

Tlaltecuhtli wrote:first of all aranesp is shit, being put in stamina crit gives you a 10s knockdown (7s?) of normal stun and if the dude isnt high on every drug in the game it should be enough to baton n cuff
The intention of this item is that it would give 50 stun reduction in addition to stamina regeneration. But if the disabled person who gets up due to stun reduction still moves at slower than crawl speed due to still having a gorillion stamina damage, it wont do much good.

The intent is that stamina regeneration combined with stun reduction will provide good protection against disablers without making them completely ineffective. As such, recovery needs to be quite swift.
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #480209

adrenal implant removes stamina dmg on use
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #480367

Have this chemical remove the slowdown from stam (or all?) damage. Probably would have to combine with some other facet since I don't think that's good enough to warrant spending TC's on. Still a great buff though, especially for taking on a crowd. Also kind of tense since unlike a rapid regen, your problem isn't being solved, it's just being covered up. Once the chems run out, you're slow again.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
Kryson
Code Maintainer

Post by Kryson » #480386

This chemical is not administered to yourself like adrenals or the stimpack, it is instead delivered to another player via a device.There are a couple of other limitations as well.

I am thinking of giving it -50 stun and 30 stamina regen. This if my calculations are correct, would make it under ideal circumstances so that a player shot into stamina crit under the influence of this chem would wake up after two cycles with like ~30 stamina damage remaining.

This dynamic changes a bit if arms and legs are hit since they don't contribute to stamina crit(i think?).

The reason for not explaining in detail how this item works because it is part of a bundle and i don't want to risk biasing people people against the PR by presenting one piece of the bundle, since it is not balanced around being a stand alone item.
4dplanner
Byond Username: 4DPlanner
Github Username: 4dplanner

Post by 4dplanner » #480437

I believe arms and legs do contribute to stamina crit, they just have a multiplier for how much damage they take.
Angust
Byond Username: Angust

Post by Angust » #482083

Stun reduction is witchcraft-code and apparently much harder to understand than "reduces stun times by 50 deciseconds per tick", which I had previously incorrectly added to chem wiki.
Kryson
Code Maintainer

Post by Kryson » #482816

Angust wrote:Stun reduction is witchcraft-code and apparently much harder to understand than "reduces stun times by 50 deciseconds per tick", which I had previously incorrectly added to chem wiki.
That is good to know, do you recon the stun reduction is weaker or stronger than that incorrect model? Or is it just weirder?

Here is the bundle containing the new syndicate item i did this research for.

https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/43108

We are thinking of giving the new beam gun stimulant a value of 30 stamina regeneration per tick, i think this will be enough since the master and the golems can assist each other when under fire.

I feel bad for all the existing stimulants though, aranesps 18 stamina regen is not even close to cutting it in this new disabler world and meth has a pathetic 2 regen.