why does blob use chemistry reagents when most of the reagents are one big on hit

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
imsxz
Byond Username: Imsxz

why does blob use chemistry reagents when most of the reagents are one big on hit

Post by imsxz » #489372

woudlnt it make more sense to have them as some special datum instead of reagents

please subscribe to me on youtube
terranaut wrote:i saw this video before it was posted here
you too can be cool like me if you just subscribe to imsxz youtube channel :shades:
Arianya wrote:no, not the snails, shut up imsxz
Nervore wrote:I am going to will you out of existence, Imsxz.
One day, you will just cease to exist.
imsxz
Byond Username: Imsxz

Re: why does blob use chemistry reagents when most of the reagents are one big on hit

Post by imsxz » #489373

followup: is the blob color not just derived from the reagent color??? someone told me that blob has special snowflake checks to determine what color it uses but i refuse to believe that

please subscribe to me on youtube
terranaut wrote:i saw this video before it was posted here
you too can be cool like me if you just subscribe to imsxz youtube channel :shades:
Arianya wrote:no, not the snails, shut up imsxz
Nervore wrote:I am going to will you out of existence, Imsxz.
One day, you will just cease to exist.
Whoneedspacee
Byond Username: Whoneedspacee

Re: why does blob use chemistry reagents when most of the reagents are one big on hit

Post by Whoneedspacee » #489374

resident blob code expert here since im making a gamemode based on it

blob naming in the files is retarded by the way, theblob is for blob blob normal blob is the blob you see every day, the blob commander is called blob and its just a fucking mess

basically there's lots of /blob/blob/B or some shit like that

blob reagents are in a special datum, they just also use chemistry stuff, each of the datums has a complementary color which is needed because its specifically meant to make stuff stand out in the blob color instead of having it blend in.

https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/ ... eagents.dm

here's where the blob reagents are, each of them has reactions which sometimes add reagents but there's no real overarching chemistry reagent thing.

its probably fine as is
retired ss13 coderman
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #489376

Whoneedspacee wrote:theblob is for blob blob normal blob
Im sorry, did you just have a stroke or something?
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
bman
Github User
Byond Username: Basilman
Github Username: Militaires

Post by bman » #489396

imsxz wrote:followup: is the blob color not just derived from the reagent color??? someone told me that blob has special snowflake checks to determine what color it uses but i refuse to believe that
yeah it is derived from chem color and you can even varedit it to use any chem you'd like

t. played as an adminordrazine blob, look in VV blob>> overmind>> and datum reagent var or something, but watch out, i think blob spores wont have icons if you do that
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #489412

bman wrote:
imsxz wrote:followup: is the blob color not just derived from the reagent color??? someone told me that blob has special snowflake checks to determine what color it uses but i refuse to believe that
yeah it is derived from chem color and you can even varedit it to use any chem you'd like

t. played as an adminordrazine blob, look in VV blob>> overmind>> and datum reagent var or something, but watch out, i think blob spores wont have icons if you do that
brb spawning a skewium blob. This is going to be great.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #489415

i used reagents because they did everything I wanted blob types to do in a system players already understood

The effects were crazier on launch with stuff like dark matter blobs but I think either Joan or Remie removed the more out-there ones for balance reasons
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #489446

I forgot goof made reagent blob I guess I like one thing he made

Dark matter blob was a broken riot I loved it
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman