Alcohol rework is nonsensical

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Matkingos
Byond Username: Matkingos

Alcohol rework is nonsensical

Post by Matkingos » #490355

The current nerf to alcohol is far too severe to be anything even remotely rational. As a character with Alcohol Tolerance and Drunken Resilience traits I get liver damage from drinking a single space beer, arguably the lowest alcoholic drink in the game. I understand wanting to try and make things a bit more realistic, but as it stands now, alcohol literally does more harm than good, and trivializes the bartender even further.
carshalash
Byond Username: Carshalash

Re: Alcohol rework is nonsensical

Post by carshalash » #490360

How is liver damage from a beer realistic?
Kryson
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Kryson

Post by Kryson » #490377

Matkingos wrote:I get liver damage from drinking a single space beer.
Something does not add up.

I tried drinking drinking 50u beer and I got like 0.04 liver damage, which quickly healed.

I think the level of liver damage currently is fine, it could even be a bit higher.

Some drinks have boozepwer levels which do not make senses thematically though, which is something i would like to see rebalanced.
Mickyan
Github User
Byond Username: Mickyan
Github Username: Mickyan

Post by Mickyan » #490382

I suspect OP is confusing beer with manly dorf, which is made out of beer and ale but has an outrageously high boozepwr because of dwarf fortress memes
(also funfact, drinking both separately will cause the drink to mix inside of the mob itself)

In fact I haven't touched liver damage at all with the recent changes
ImageI play on Manuel as Swanni, the brain-damaged moth.
Be nice to each other.