zombies are pathetic

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.

Moderators: MisterPerson, Code Maintainers

CPTANT
 
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 1:31 pm
Byond Username: CPTANT

zombies are pathetic

Postby CPTANT » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:19 pm #500657

Stunned with one hit
No extra health
extra damage from lasers(?)
Can be cuffed
slow as fuck
regen is horribly slow
mediocre damage
can't use items
Can't kill doors because they shock themselves when the door starts to give.
hurt by shards on the ground

Seriously, how could they suck even more, every security officer with a laser can take out 5 zombies. In the past they were at least somewhat resilient.

They should be at least stun immune and get 1.5 times as much health and regen.
Last edited by CPTANT on Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Screemonster wrote:how the fuck are you supposed to RP with a grille



CPTANT
 
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 1:31 pm
Byond Username: CPTANT

Re: zombies are pathetic

Postby CPTANT » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:34 pm #500662

I say:

Shard immune
shock immune
stun immune
1.5 times as much health
3 times as much regen.
Screemonster wrote:how the fuck are you supposed to RP with a grille

User avatar
wesoda25
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:32 pm
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Re: zombies are pathetic

Postby wesoda25 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:01 pm #500670

zombies are very far from pathetic

User avatar
Ayy Lemoh
 
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:58 pm
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Re: zombies are pathetic

Postby Ayy Lemoh » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:05 pm #500673

If a zombie starts hitting you in melee and slows you down at all then you're basically dead.

They're fine as they are and aren't meant to be one man armies anyways. They should be in hordes, not 1v1ing.

CPTANT
 
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 1:31 pm
Byond Username: CPTANT

Re: zombies are pathetic

Postby CPTANT » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:22 pm #500682

Ayy Lemoh wrote:If a zombie starts hitting you in melee and slows you down at all then you're basically dead.



Only if you are unarmed. Any decent melee weapon beats the zombie anyway.

They're fine as they are and aren't meant to be one man armies anyways. They should be in hordes, not 1v1ing.


If a single assistant with a stunprod can incapacity a zombie by hitting them once something is seriously wrong.


zombies are very far from pathetic


Zombies slipping on glass or getting or being unable to break down a door is pretty pathetic. These are thing that don't directly impact their combat strength, these are things that just break the immersion of playing a zombie. The regen is also so pathetic, it isn't even supposed to be a tactical advantage it just takes minutes to heal from a single door shock.
Screemonster wrote:how the fuck are you supposed to RP with a grille

Dr_bee
 
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:31 pm
Byond Username: DrBee

Re: zombies are pathetic

Postby Dr_bee » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:28 pm #500685

they can easily break down doors, one hit implants a toxin dot that requires surgery to remove, and they have pretty massive health regen. zombies arent supposed to take out people 1v1, they are about attrition and numbers, but even then they have more than enough going for them to be a threat.

CPTANT
 
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 1:31 pm
Byond Username: CPTANT

Re: zombies are pathetic

Postby CPTANT » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:11 pm #500697

Dr_bee wrote: pretty massive health regen.


This is just a lie, the health regen is minimal. They regen a whopping ONE damage per tick and only if not recently damaged.

they can easily break down doors


No they get shocked as soon as the door takes damage.
Screemonster wrote:how the fuck are you supposed to RP with a grille

User avatar
Ayy Lemoh
 
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:58 pm
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Re: zombies are pathetic

Postby Ayy Lemoh » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:36 pm #500700

CPTANT wrote:If a single assistant with a stunprod can incapacity a zombie by hitting them once something is seriously wrong.

You may have points for everything else however that is not a valid point against someone arguing that a zombie should not win a 1v1. If an assistant can stun a zombie in a 1v1 then that seems normal.

Of course, you are able to stun multiple people obviously, but I feel like multiple zombies would gank the person or not be easily able to just get ganked.

Kryson
 
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:04 pm
Byond Username: Kryson

Re: zombies are pathetic

Postby Kryson » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:13 am #500715

I did romerol today and we had like half of the zombies go braindead or become friendly and beg for deconversion. The round still ended with a kind of zombie apocalypse after much killing of surviving crew and resurrection of zombies.

Another annoying thing is that zombies can be instantly deconverted with any mutation toxin, they are sadly incredibly easy to manage if the crew are at all competent.

If zombies were stronger i bet people wouldn't ghost or get deconverted so often, they do need some love.

User avatar
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:43 pm
Location: The Verge of Irrelevancy
Byond Username: NoxVS

Re: zombies are pathetic

Postby NoxVS » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:33 am #500717

It should also be noted stun duration is much lower for zombies. A stun can only stop them long enough to get away, you are unable to kill them in the stun duration. I’m pretty sure by the time you even switch hands they are about to get back up
The weak should fear the strong

thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server

User avatar
terranaut
 
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:43 pm
Byond Username: Terranaut

Re: zombies are pathetic

Postby terranaut » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:44 am #500720

Kryson wrote:I did romerol today and we had like half of the zombies go braindead or become friendly and beg for deconversion.

fucking mega gay
Image

Tlaltecuhtli
 
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:16 am
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Re: zombies are pathetic

Postby Tlaltecuhtli » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:27 pm #500791

dont play on stbill or terry then

User avatar
teepeepee
 
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:21 am
Byond Username: Teepeepee

Re: zombies are pathetic

Postby teepeepee » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:22 pm #500796

these zombies you complain about sound like hugbox server players, just come to bagil where we play zombies like you're supposed to, hitting everyone on sight once to spread infection and convert before they can all get surgery

User avatar
Taylork2
 
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:59 pm
Byond Username: Taylork2

Re: zombies are pathetic

Postby Taylork2 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:08 pm #500815

teepeepee wrote:these zombies you complain about sound like hugbox server players, just come to bagil where we play zombies like you're supposed to, hitting everyone on sight once to spread infection and convert before they can all get surgery

The real big brain plays is to get taken into surgery as a zombie then infect/kill the surgeons, deconverted zombies, and everyone you can.

CPTANT
 
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 1:31 pm
Byond Username: CPTANT

Re: zombies are pathetic

Postby CPTANT » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:13 pm #500823

Taylork2 wrote:
teepeepee wrote:these zombies you complain about sound like hugbox server players, just come to bagil where we play zombies like you're supposed to, hitting everyone on sight once to spread infection and convert before they can all get surgery

The real big brain plays is to get taken into surgery as a zombie then infect/kill the surgeons, deconverted zombies, and everyone you can.


The surgeon has a saw, he will beat you.
Screemonster wrote:how the fuck are you supposed to RP with a grille

User avatar
Ayy Lemoh
 
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:58 pm
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Re: zombies are pathetic

Postby Ayy Lemoh » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:49 pm #500836

CPTANT wrote:
Taylork2 wrote:
teepeepee wrote:these zombies you complain about sound like hugbox server players, just come to bagil where we play zombies like you're supposed to, hitting everyone on sight once to spread infection and convert before they can all get surgery

The real big brain plays is to get taken into surgery as a zombie then infect/kill the surgeons, deconverted zombies, and everyone you can.


The surgeon has a saw, he will beat you.

Not every surgeon will carry a circular saw in their offhand while using a surgery tool in the other. Some will take a bit longer which the zombie will then easily win assuming he hit the surgeon enough times for slowdown.

User avatar
teepeepee
 
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:21 am
Byond Username: Teepeepee

Re: zombies are pathetic

Postby teepeepee » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:20 pm #500843

doesn't matter if you die, you have just infected as many people as you have hit
if they're at least three there won'be enough time for them all to get surgery

User avatar
Karp
 
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:54 am
Byond Username: Ambassador Magikarp

Re: zombies are pathetic

Postby Karp » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:51 pm #500847

zombies used to be immune to tasers stuns and slips, they used to be faster with less hp, they used to have one working hand they could use to stun baton people with, and they used to do more damage as well at one point? The current zombies are literally a result of balancing zombies to not be fucking awful to deal with
Last edited by Karp on Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Image

User avatar
knacker48
 
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:49 pm
Byond Username: Knacker48

Re: zombies are pathetic

Postby knacker48 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:51 pm #500848

Does turning people into monkeys and back still fix the zombie infection?

CPTANT
 
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 1:31 pm
Byond Username: CPTANT

Re: zombies are pathetic

Postby CPTANT » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:27 pm #500853

Karp wrote:zombies used to be immune to tasers stuns and slips, they used to be faster with less hp, they used to have one working hand they could use to stun baton people with, and they used to do more damage as well at one point? The current zombies are literally a result of balancing zombies to not be fucking awful to deal with


And it is a classic example of overshooting the goal.

Implementing the changes I suggested leaves them far far less powerful then that. In the past they regenerated so much health that they were almost impossible to kill with melee weapons.
Screemonster wrote:how the fuck are you supposed to RP with a grille

User avatar
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:43 pm
Location: The Verge of Irrelevancy
Byond Username: NoxVS

Re: zombies are pathetic

Postby NoxVS » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:48 am #500903

Zombies are fine mechanically. We just need to make it so you actually have to act like a zombie though. I often see zombies being friendly which completely ruins the whole point of zombie infestations.
The weak should fear the strong

thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server

User avatar
Shadowflame909
 
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:18 pm
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here
Byond Username: Shadowflame909

Re: zombies are pathetic

Postby Shadowflame909 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:01 am #500905

How to fix zombies. Remove their tongues and make "Brains" intelligible somehow anyways. Snowflake it.

Then we remove their ability to use ME entirely. Get rekt nerds

Spoiler:
Image

ThanatosRa wrote:My biggest problem is that I can't fix any of this.


Boris wrote:shadowflame either has a brain the size of a pea or one the size of the moon and he's playing 58D chess.


BeeSting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.


BebeYoshi wrote:Saltyflame909


Cobby wrote:The trash bin... have you lost your way home anon?

Kryson
 
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:04 pm
Byond Username: Kryson

Re: zombies are pathetic

Postby Kryson » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:44 pm #500938

Romerol is still fun, but it really feels like a gamble.

The problems i think should be dressed:

1. soybies that in best case ghost or in the worst case beg for deconversion.
2. Even a tiny amount of mutation toxin can instantly deconvert all the zombies.

The problems i just like to whine about.

3. Half the games you buy romerol a miner has a fucking spellblade / katana and often some insane hardsuit and just mows all the zombies down.
4. General inability to eat any competent sec officer, i usually solve this by buying a stechkin for my remaing TC and taking care of them myself.

A tip for traitors who have a hard time getting the zombies flowing is retrieving any decapitated zombies and surgically reattaching the heads, this will revive them after some delay.

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: zombies are pathetic

Postby oranges » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:51 am #501247

I don't like the zombie mechanic at all and I think it should be banished to halloween and stay there.

CPTANT
 
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 1:31 pm
Byond Username: CPTANT

Re: zombies are pathetic

Postby CPTANT » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:38 pm #501252

oranges wrote:I don't like the zombie mechanic at all and I think it should be banished to halloween and stay there.


Or maybe make it a rare random event? I am not a fan of traitors having romerol either.


Still having them be so weak doesn't really make it any less shit, it makes playing as a zombie very unrewarding just as fighting them.
Screemonster wrote:how the fuck are you supposed to RP with a grille

Kryson
 
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:04 pm
Byond Username: Kryson

Re: zombies are pathetic

Postby Kryson » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:05 pm #501256

oranges wrote:I don't like the zombie mechanic at all and I think it should be banished to halloween and stay there.


Have you ever bought the current version of romerol? It is great fun.

User avatar
Taylork2
 
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:59 pm
Byond Username: Taylork2

Re: zombies are pathetic

Postby Taylork2 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:52 pm #501260

Kryson wrote:
oranges wrote:I don't like the zombie mechanic at all and I think it should be banished to halloween and stay there.


Have you ever bought the current version of romerol? It is great fun.

Well, being killed then romeroled is usually more fun than the equivalent of being stunned, cuffed, looted, then spaced or incinerated. So I think it's existence does make the game better.

Dr_bee
 
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:31 pm
Byond Username: DrBee

Re: zombies are pathetic

Postby Dr_bee » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:48 pm #501287

Taylork2 wrote:
Kryson wrote:
oranges wrote:I don't like the zombie mechanic at all and I think it should be banished to halloween and stay there.


Have you ever bought the current version of romerol? It is great fun.

Well, being killed then romeroled is usually more fun than the equivalent of being stunned, cuffed, looted, then spaced or incinerated. So I think it's existence does make the game better.


I think the addition of the toxin damage tumor, while nice for making things like a zombie movie, actually made zombies worse.

Half the fun of romerol originally was infecting everyone stealthly so when the first person dies you get an outbreak.

Kryson
 
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:04 pm
Byond Username: Kryson

Re: zombies are pathetic

Postby Kryson » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:36 pm #501293

Dr_bee wrote:
Taylork2 wrote:
Kryson wrote:
oranges wrote:I don't like the zombie mechanic at all and I think it should be banished to halloween and stay there.


Have you ever bought the current version of romerol? It is great fun.

Well, being killed then romeroled is usually more fun than the equivalent of being stunned, cuffed, looted, then spaced or incinerated. So I think it's existence does make the game better.


I think the addition of the toxin damage tumor, while nice for making things like a zombie movie, actually made zombies worse.

Half the fun of romerol originally was infecting everyone stealthly so when the first person dies you get an outbreak.


The tumour you get from consuming romerol is still quiet so this still happens during quiet traitor rounds.


Return to Coding Feedback

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users