Fusion temperatures are getting a little stupid.

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.

Moderators: MisterPerson, Code Maintainers

Dr_bee
 
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:31 pm
Byond Username: DrBee

Fusion temperatures are getting a little stupid.

Postby Dr_bee » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:50 pm #504222

Seriously, someone reached 18,873,400,000,000C on the escape shuttle by pumping fusion into the distro.

Tungsten vaporizes at 5930C the surface of a class O star is only around 49726.85.

The canister should vaporize before even getting near that point.



User avatar
Ghilker
 
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:44 am
Byond Username: Ghilker

Re: Fusion temperatures are getting a little stupid.

Postby Ghilker » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:51 pm #504231

Once i reached 4*10^30 K in a canister. You can't put logic in a game, otherwise many things that are present should be removed, like if you go to space with a shirt only you die in 2 seconds because you should literally explode from the inside due to the low pressure

Also fusion in distro takes time to enter the station, and if someone see that (AI, an engi, an atmos tech), you can react quickly enough to secure some places by shutting down/welding vents and scrubbers preventing the flooding effectively

Dr_bee
 
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:31 pm
Byond Username: DrBee

Re: Fusion temperatures are getting a little stupid.

Postby Dr_bee » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:57 pm #504234

Ghilker wrote:Once i reached 4*10^30 K in a canister. You can't put logic in a game, otherwise many things that are present should be removed, like if you go to space with a shirt only you die in 2 seconds because you should literally explode from the inside due to the low pressure

Also fusion in distro takes time to enter the station, and if someone see that (AI, an engi, an atmos tech), you can react quickly enough to secure some places by shutting down/welding vents and scrubbers preventing the flooding effectively


I am not talking about adding logic, Im talking about adding sanity. temperature of the kind being generated cant really be fixed through normal means such as space heaters and burn through even the suits designed to be immune to heat damage!

I am not talking about adding realism, im talking about balancing fusion temps around sane temperatures.

User avatar
Ghilker
 
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:44 am
Byond Username: Ghilker

Re: Fusion temperatures are getting a little stupid.

Postby Ghilker » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:17 pm #504235

is fusion, what is a sane temperature for you?

also is already balanced as it takes a long time to make all the required stuff to produce a "low" temperature fusion

also also the suits are not immune to heat, they are heat resistant. Is normal to have a certain threshold above that even hardsuits burn up

Dr_bee
 
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:31 pm
Byond Username: DrBee

Re: Fusion temperatures are getting a little stupid.

Postby Dr_bee » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:36 pm #504238

Ghilker wrote:also also the suits are not immune to heat, they are heat resistant. Is normal to have a certain threshold above that even hardsuits burn up


So why is a heat threshold on hardsuits reasonable but a heat threshold on walls, pipes, and canisters unreasonable?

CPTANT
 
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 1:31 pm
Byond Username: CPTANT

Re: Fusion temperatures are getting a little stupid.

Postby CPTANT » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:09 pm #504251

fusion in distro is like an invisible wall of death going through the station.
Screemonster wrote:how the fuck are you supposed to RP with a grille

User avatar
Ghilker
 
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:44 am
Byond Username: Ghilker

Re: Fusion temperatures are getting a little stupid.

Postby Ghilker » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:56 pm #504265

Dr_bee wrote:
Ghilker wrote:also also the suits are not immune to heat, they are heat resistant. Is normal to have a certain threshold above that even hardsuits burn up


So why is a heat threshold on hardsuits reasonable but a heat threshold on walls, pipes, and canisters unreasonable?


Walls let heat pass if it's high enough (even rwalls), but if you make a threshold for canisters you effectively lock out atmos from making fusion because no one will take the risk of doing it just for it to explode on your face. And even if you put a limit, what for? The lowest temperature will still be very much letal and it doesn't change much between 1*10^8 and 1*10^20 K in terms of lethality

User avatar
Cobby
 
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:19 pm
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Re: Fusion temperatures are getting a little stupid.

Postby Cobby » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:24 pm #504271

Then don't do fusion if you can't take on the risks.

Those numbers are absurd.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current

User avatar
NoxVS
 
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:43 pm
Location: Maintenance
Byond Username: NoxVS

Re: Fusion temperatures are getting a little stupid.

Postby NoxVS » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:37 am #504287

Cobby wrote:Then don't do fusion if you can't take on the risks.

Those numbers are absurd.

The problem is usually the guy doing it is fine with the risks, but the rest of the station doesn't really have a choice if the station suddenly becomes hotter than a star and everyone dies instantly.
Image

User avatar
PKPenguin321
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:02 pm
Location: U S A, U S A, U S A
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Re: Fusion temperatures are getting a little stupid.

Postby PKPenguin321 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:29 am #504296

Cobby wrote:Then don't do fusion if you can't take on the risks.

Those numbers are absurd.

bruh have u seen some of the busted shit people have been doing with it lmao
the complaint is not "waah its too risky" even a little bit
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Fusion temperatures are getting a little stupid.

Postby oranges » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:54 am #504306

Im not sure this is feedback, it's just that most canisters pipes and other atmos sinks and sources are made of an unobtainum that can contain the heat and pressure of the entire universe without rupturing

Someone is free to add burst and leak interactions and stuff
Image

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Fusion temperatures are getting a little stupid.

Postby oranges » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:55 am #504307

Personally I wanted to see fusion require powered shielding to actually do, seeing as temperatures at those heat levels should destroy ordinary materials that the station is made out of (immediately venting to space)
Image

User avatar
Anonmare
 
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:59 pm
Location: Blighty
Byond Username: Anonmare

Re: Fusion temperatures are getting a little stupid.

Postby Anonmare » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:55 pm #504719

I unironically suggested wall melting in the past and ya'll laughed at me.

Also if you care about the station, make your reactor in space - you don't need blueprints to create rooms, only to edit existing ones. I kind of wish there was a TEG so you could use fusion's heat to power the station
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Fusion temperatures are getting a little stupid.

Postby oranges » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:16 pm #504736

first of all, there is a teg, but personally I thin it's better if the supermatter generated heat and pressure gases that was then piped into turbines, that actually generated the station power
Image

User avatar
Cobby
 
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:19 pm
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Re: Fusion temperatures are getting a little stupid.

Postby Cobby » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:55 pm #504745

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Cobby wrote:Then don't do fusion if you can't take on the risks.

Those numbers are absurd.

bruh have u seen some of the busted shit people have been doing with it lmao
the complaint is not "waah its too risky" even a little bit


sorry my post was in response to "if you make it risky no one will do fusion" post.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current

User avatar
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:26 pm
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Re: Fusion temperatures are getting a little stupid.

Postby MisterPerson » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:59 am #504761

oranges wrote:Personally I wanted to see fusion require powered shielding to actually do, seeing as temperatures at those heat levels should destroy ordinary materials that the station is made out of (immediately venting to space)


That's a bit of an understatement. Here's the boiling point of a bunch of metals. Not the melting point, the boiling point. As in gaseous aluminum is achieved at 2467C. Not that I'm strictly speaking making a realism argument or anything, just generally agreeing extreme temperatures should absolutely have some nasty effects that are not solved simply by venting the hot gas. Think melted electronics, equipment, etc.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Why realism is stupid:
Spoiler:
Wiz, the project lead of Europa Universalis IV:

Immersion/flavor is playing a WW2 shooter and using a mosin-nagant instead of a laser gun - this is important.

Realism is playing a WW2 shooter and having to spend 2 months in hospital everytime you get shot - stupid and detrimental to gameplay. Nobody actually wants a realistic game, which is why realism arguments are so selectively used.
Source: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/ind ... t-19679470

Dr_bee
 
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:31 pm
Byond Username: DrBee

Re: Fusion temperatures are getting a little stupid.

Postby Dr_bee » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:36 am #504769

MisterPerson wrote:
oranges wrote:Personally I wanted to see fusion require powered shielding to actually do, seeing as temperatures at those heat levels should destroy ordinary materials that the station is made out of (immediately venting to space)


That's a bit of an understatement. Here's the boiling point of a bunch of metals. Not the melting point, the boiling point. As in gaseous aluminum is achieved at 2467C. Not that I'm strictly speaking making a realism argument or anything, just generally agreeing extreme temperatures should absolutely have some nasty effects that are not solved simply by venting the hot gas. Think melted electronics, equipment, etc.


Like I mentioned before, we are seeing temperatures that are several hundred times hotter than the surface of the hottest star. Not only is that silly from a realism standpoint it makes fixing the problem impossible, as the current tools at the crews disposal cant cool the area fast enough to matter.

User avatar
deedubya
Confined to the shed
 
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:05 am
Location: shitting up your thread
Byond Username: Deedubya

Re: Fusion temperatures are getting a little stupid.

Postby deedubya » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:45 am #504775

Dr_bee wrote:
MisterPerson wrote:
oranges wrote:Personally I wanted to see fusion require powered shielding to actually do, seeing as temperatures at those heat levels should destroy ordinary materials that the station is made out of (immediately venting to space)


That's a bit of an understatement. Here's the boiling point of a bunch of metals. Not the melting point, the boiling point. As in gaseous aluminum is achieved at 2467C. Not that I'm strictly speaking making a realism argument or anything, just generally agreeing extreme temperatures should absolutely have some nasty effects that are not solved simply by venting the hot gas. Think melted electronics, equipment, etc.


Like I mentioned before, we are seeing temperatures that are several hundred times hotter than the surface of the hottest star. Not only is that silly from a realism standpoint it makes fixing the problem impossible, as the current tools at the crews disposal cant cool the area fast enough to matter.

I'm pretty sure uncontained fusion is meant to be a round ending event. Just like a singuloth or a tesloose, fusion in the halls is going to end the round.

Not that I don't agree that seeing 20 zeroes in fusion temperature readouts is horrifically retarded, though.
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head

wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums

IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior

Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!

TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.

Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway

annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.

Image

PostThis post was deleted by oranges on Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:47 am.
Reason: it's uncharitable

User avatar
Yakumo_Chen
 
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:08 pm
Byond Username: Yakumo Chen

Re: Fusion temperatures are getting a little stupid.

Postby Yakumo_Chen » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:19 am #505000

deedubya wrote:I'm pretty sure uncontained fusion is meant to be a round ending event. Just like a singuloth or a tesloose, fusion in the halls is going to end the round.

Not that I don't agree that seeing 20 zeroes in fusion temperature readouts is horrifically retarded, though.

At least with a singulo or tesla you can see what's killing you, or at least make some sane attempt to avoid it.

Fusion gas pumps through the entire station pipe network and has the potential of killing everyone, at once. Just releasing it straight into the air in the center of the station also has the same effect.

There's also not much risk to the actual user since they're likely one of the few people that will know what's going to happen / how to avoid it, wherea singulo and tesla often kill the releaser unless they fuck off to another Z level.
Image
Image

User avatar
Davidchan
 
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:48 pm
Byond Username: Davidchan

Re: Fusion temperatures are getting a little stupid.

Postby Davidchan » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:07 pm #505057

Ghilker wrote:You can't put logic in a game, otherwise many things that are present should be removed, like if you go to space with a shirt only you die in 2 seconds because you should literally explode from the inside due to the low pressure


That's literally not how it works. Yes, you'd die with exposure, and vacuum conditions can cause severe damage to soft tissue, you would not explode. Accidents at NASA have shown that people can survive several minutes in near-vacuum conditions, though you pass out after 15 or so seconds without an oxygen supply. With an oxygen tank and some heavy clothing (like a firesuit) you could survive a space walk with no serious damage, though the experience would be unpleasant to say the least. The very idea that we'd explode in low pressure is laughable at the idea that we would implode or flatten at pressures 2-5 times an Earth Atmosphere.

As for the topic at hand, it'd definitely be in the best interest of the game for Canisters, Pumps, Scrubbers and even piping to have maximum limits of pressure and heat they can contain. Perhaps a blue space Canister science could create that would actually allow those ridiculous high temperatures and pressures. May even need to add an actual plasma matter state where gases that reach a certain temperature point convert into a very noticeable cloud of burning gas, even if its just something cosmetic like a green or purple fire effect.
Last edited by Davidchan on Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.

User avatar
lmwevil
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:09 pm
Byond Username: Lmwevil

Re: Fusion temperatures are getting a little stupid.

Postby lmwevil » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:56 pm #505068

if there was a state where air was so hot that it became a special sprite overlay to indicate it's fusion/plasma hot that'd probably be sane. or give us the firelocks that baycode has to see atmos on the other side so you know you're gonna be husked in seconds if you open it

User avatar
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:26 pm
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Re: Fusion temperatures are getting a little stupid.

Postby MisterPerson » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:06 pm #505075

Could also change air alarms so you can tell what the problem is at a glance rather than just a generic warning or danger.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Why realism is stupid:
Spoiler:
Wiz, the project lead of Europa Universalis IV:

Immersion/flavor is playing a WW2 shooter and using a mosin-nagant instead of a laser gun - this is important.

Realism is playing a WW2 shooter and having to spend 2 months in hospital everytime you get shot - stupid and detrimental to gameplay. Nobody actually wants a realistic game, which is why realism arguments are so selectively used.
Source: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/ind ... t-19679470

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Fusion temperatures are getting a little stupid.

Postby oranges » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:32 pm #505096

I dont' agree fusion should be round ending, we have plenty of round enders already.

heat and pressure of that magnitude should always immediately vent into space
Image

User avatar
deedubya
Confined to the shed
 
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:05 am
Location: shitting up your thread
Byond Username: Deedubya

Re: Fusion temperatures are getting a little stupid.

Postby deedubya » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:06 am #505739

oranges wrote:I dont' agree fusion should be round ending, we have plenty of round enders already.

heat and pressure of that magnitude should always immediately vent into space

Is it time for melting walls, then? If so, I'd recommend having the melting point be something that realistically is only possible through fusion(or thermite usage) so it's primary purpose winds up being as a safeguard against fusion temp flooding.
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head

wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums

IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior

Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!

TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.

Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway

annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.

Image

User avatar
Shadowflame909
 
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:18 pm
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here
Byond Username: Shadowflame909

Re: Fusion temperatures are getting a little stupid.

Postby Shadowflame909 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:22 am #505740

Fusion has husked an ASHDRAKE IN 3 SECONDS. a being with 2500 health and 50% burn resistance being husked by fusion in 3 seconds

It also instant kills the legion 3x over at round-end.

This is some wild junk.

Spoiler:
Image

ThanatosRa wrote:My biggest problem is that I can't fix any of this.


Boris wrote:shadowflame either has a brain the size of a pea or one the size of the moon and he's playing 58D chess.


BeeSting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.


BebeYoshi wrote:Saltyflame909


Cobby wrote:The trash bin... have you lost your way home anon?

Dr_bee
 
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:31 pm
Byond Username: DrBee

Re: Fusion temperatures are getting a little stupid.

Postby Dr_bee » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:02 am #505769

You can cause the infinate radiation death radius with fusion again by dumping it into the SM. This causes a temp overflow, making the SM think its as cool as possible while the radiation it produces is -inf. This kills anyone walking within a significant ever expanding radius instantly.

The numbers involved in fusion are so high they are causing fucking overflow bugs. Its time to stop.

User avatar
Davidchan
 
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:48 pm
Byond Username: Davidchan

Re: Fusion temperatures are getting a little stupid.

Postby Davidchan » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:36 pm #505962

The easiest short term solution would be to have a maxheat on gases or what have you parallel to maxcap for bombs.
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.

User avatar
Critawakets
 
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:57 pm
Location: somewhere on Sol III
Byond Username: CRITAWAKETS

Re: Fusion temperatures are getting a little stupid.

Postby Critawakets » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:07 pm #507704

Lets be real if a high-tier fusion reaction's gas escapes into space with that kind of heat, the star system that SS13 is in will get a MUCH higher ambient temperature in space, along with it being PRESSURIZED.

Alright but seriously, these temperatures and pressures are so high that it makes balancing the TEG (and therefore power) basically impossible. We cant have a PTL because power is so easily broken.
Image
Image
Image

am gud enineering
scrungo

User avatar
Screemonster
 
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:23 pm
Byond Username: Scree

Re: Fusion temperatures are getting a little stupid.

Postby Screemonster » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:25 pm #507707

Ghilker wrote:Once i reached 4*10^30 K in a canister.

push it a little further

see if you can get it past the planck temperature

User avatar
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:55 pm
Location: Don't touch me, motherfucker...
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Re: Fusion temperatures are getting a little stupid.

Postby NecromancerAnne » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:49 pm #508644

Last night, we had a round where someone's fusion setup on Pubby cooked the gas in atmos, which also cooked space and the spaceloop for the SM.

The result was everyone on the station dying, the supermatter going thermonuclear and us having to rush the end of the round

This was by complete accident and simply having the gas be present in atmospherics. This is getting absolutely fucking stupid.

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Fusion temperatures are getting a little stupid.

Postby oranges » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:07 pm #508650

so fix it?
Image

PostThis post was deleted by Kierany9 on Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:54 pm.
Reason: i dont even know how i posted this

User avatar
Reyn
 
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:13 am
Location: Canada
Byond Username: ReynTime13

Re: Fusion temperatures are getting a little stupid.

Postby Reyn » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:23 pm #516722

For refrence someone managed to get a flame so hot that the fucking flame color value overflowed from white to a bit over pitch fucking black, and examining it with stuff crashed the game, as stated by another thread. We're officially breaking reality.
I play Trevor Fea on Bagil, And Giorno Giovanna on terry. Yes, I'm THAT raging asshole. Sorry for being such a cunt.
Have I told you how much I hate engineering, by the way?

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Fusion temperatures are getting a little stupid.

Postby oranges » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:02 pm #516760

I really don't understand why people persist in bumping this thread.

The answer as I have repeatedly stated is to give melting and bursting points to all canisters, pipes and turf/walls and add some kind of magnetic or powered containment for doing fusion.
Image

User avatar
Anonmare
 
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:59 pm
Location: Blighty
Byond Username: Anonmare

Re: Fusion temperatures are getting a little stupid.

Postby Anonmare » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:28 am #516803

WYCI
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
deedubya
Confined to the shed
 
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:05 am
Location: shitting up your thread
Byond Username: Deedubya

Re: Fusion temperatures are getting a little stupid.

Postby deedubya » Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:29 am #516968

WYCI isn't really a solution for gamebreaking issues like this. Everyone knows the problem, and you've even proposed a solution, yet none of the contributors or maintaners seem to want to implement it. Maybe it's time for a feature freeze so that the codebus works on bugfixes, optimization, and solving major gamebreaking issues such as this? This thread in particular has been around for well over two months yet fusion floods are still a semi-regular occurrence. It's ridiculous.
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head

wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums

IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior

Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!

TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.

Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway

annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.

Image

User avatar
carshalash
 
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:57 am
Byond Username: Carshalash

Re: Fusion temperatures are getting a little stupid.

Postby carshalash » Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:50 am #516994

Apparently fusions insane temperatures and station wiping radiation which can be obtained in the first 30 minutes of the round is here to stay. Fun

User avatar
actioninja
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:40 am
Location: comatose
Byond Username: Actioninja

Re: Fusion temperatures are getting a little stupid.

Postby actioninja » Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:24 am #517003

deedubya wrote:WYCI isn't really a solution for gamebreaking issues like this. Everyone knows the problem, and you've even proposed a solution, yet none of the contributors or maintaners seem to want to implement it. Maybe it's time for a feature freeze so that the codebus works on bugfixes, optimization, and solving major gamebreaking issues such as this? This thread in particular has been around for well over two months yet fusion floods are still a semi-regular occurrence. It's ridiculous.


When you code it.
Image

User avatar
Shadowflame909
 
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:18 pm
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here
Byond Username: Shadowflame909

Re: Fusion temperatures are getting a little stupid.

Postby Shadowflame909 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:03 pm #517050

The reason you don't see bug fix freezes is because they don't trust that tracker


Rip sandbox and Morph forever.

Spoiler:
Image

ThanatosRa wrote:My biggest problem is that I can't fix any of this.


Boris wrote:shadowflame either has a brain the size of a pea or one the size of the moon and he's playing 58D chess.


BeeSting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.


BebeYoshi wrote:Saltyflame909


Cobby wrote:The trash bin... have you lost your way home anon?

User avatar
Reyn
 
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:13 am
Location: Canada
Byond Username: ReynTime13

Re: Fusion temperatures are getting a little stupid.

Postby Reyn » Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:48 pm #517058

Deathmix fusion canisters can make an entire Z level uninhabitable, Husking corpses in medbay all the way from fucking atmos. And that would be... Semi OK if it were an antag thing only, but no. THIS SHIT IS MADE BY NONANTAGS CONSTANTLY. STOP THIS.
I play Trevor Fea on Bagil, And Giorno Giovanna on terry. Yes, I'm THAT raging asshole. Sorry for being such a cunt.
Have I told you how much I hate engineering, by the way?

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Fusion temperatures are getting a little stupid.

Postby oranges » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:52 pm #517114

deedubya wrote:WYCI isn't really a solution for gamebreaking issues like this. Everyone knows the problem, and you've even proposed a solution, yet none of the contributors or maintaners seem to want to implement it. Maybe it's time for a feature freeze so that the codebus works on bugfixes, optimization, and solving major gamebreaking issues such as this? This thread in particular has been around for well over two months yet fusion floods are still a semi-regular occurrence. It's ridiculous.

When you code it
Image

User avatar
Cobby
 
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:19 pm
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Re: Fusion temperatures are getting a little stupid.

Postby Cobby » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:59 pm #517134

Shadowflame909 wrote:The reason you don't see bug fix freezes is because they don't trust that tracker


Rip sandbox and Morph forever.


what does this mean?

We don't trust the number of issues as a good indication of how broken/fixed the game is.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current

User avatar
Sandshark808
 
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:56 pm
Byond Username: Sandshark808

Re: Fusion temperatures are getting a little stupid.

Postby Sandshark808 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:24 am #517174

Cobby wrote:
Shadowflame909 wrote:The reason you don't see bug fix freezes is because they don't trust that tracker


Rip sandbox and Morph forever.


what does this mean?

We don't trust the number of issues as a good indication of how broken/fixed the game is.

The modes got dumped because nobody would fix the bugs caused by new features.
Image

User avatar
PKPenguin321
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:02 pm
Location: U S A, U S A, U S A
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Re: Fusion temperatures are getting a little stupid.

Postby PKPenguin321 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:01 am #517198

oranges wrote:I really don't understand why people persist in bumping this thread.

The answer as I have repeatedly stated is to give melting and bursting points to all canisters, pipes and turf/walls and add some kind of magnetic or powered containment for doing fusion.

When you code it
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Shadowflame909
 
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:18 pm
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here
Byond Username: Shadowflame909

Re: Fusion temperatures are getting a little stupid.

Postby Shadowflame909 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:52 am #517216

cobblestone das the same thing but differently worded

I'm going to code a brown cow out of anger

Spoiler:
Image

ThanatosRa wrote:My biggest problem is that I can't fix any of this.


Boris wrote:shadowflame either has a brain the size of a pea or one the size of the moon and he's playing 58D chess.


BeeSting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.


BebeYoshi wrote:Saltyflame909


Cobby wrote:The trash bin... have you lost your way home anon?

User avatar
Reyn
 
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:13 am
Location: Canada
Byond Username: ReynTime13

Re: Fusion temperatures are getting a little stupid.

Postby Reyn » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:29 pm #517819

We had a fucking plasmaman called "Delamination XXL" decide to turn the station's oxygen supply chamber into a fusion chamber and relied on other people to make a power source there, and just "Expected" viro to make anti rad stuff.

"Lol whats the problem with turning the station's oxygen supply into a new sun"

That shit melted through the walls of the supply.
I play Trevor Fea on Bagil, And Giorno Giovanna on terry. Yes, I'm THAT raging asshole. Sorry for being such a cunt.
Have I told you how much I hate engineering, by the way?

User avatar
Oldman Robustin
 
Joined: Tue May 13, 2014 2:18 pm
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Re: Fusion temperatures are getting a little stupid.

Postby Oldman Robustin » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:24 pm #517850

It wouldn't be THAT hard to tamp down the reaction formulas to bring them down to more realistic levels.

The most sensible solution to me would be to just have stupidly high temps melt the floor (unless its reinforced). Space gives the fusion gas a good succ and the problem kinda resolves itself. People trying to wipe the station would at least have to try to strike a balance instead of just going full throttle on making the hottest gas possible.
Image

User avatar
Sandshark808
 
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:56 pm
Byond Username: Sandshark808

Re: Fusion temperatures are getting a little stupid.

Postby Sandshark808 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:57 pm #517853

Oldman Robustin wrote:It wouldn't be THAT hard to tamp down the reaction formulas to bring them down to more realistic levels.

The most sensible solution to me would be to just have stupidly high temps melt the floor (unless its reinforced). Space gives the fusion gas a good succ and the problem kinda resolves itself. People trying to wipe the station would at least have to try to strike a balance instead of just going full throttle on making the hottest gas possible.

Or at the very least they would need to build an ultra-secure containment room with reinforced floors and plasma windows/r-walls which limits the ability for idiots to "accidentally" release the gas.
Image

User avatar
deedubya
Confined to the shed
 
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:05 am
Location: shitting up your thread
Byond Username: Deedubya

Re: Fusion temperatures are getting a little stupid.

Postby deedubya » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:39 am #517867

Oldman Robustin wrote:It wouldn't be THAT hard to tamp down the reaction formulas to bring them down to more realistic levels.

The most sensible solution to me would be to just have stupidly high temps melt the floor (unless its reinforced). Space gives the fusion gas a good succ and the problem kinda resolves itself. People trying to wipe the station would at least have to try to strike a balance instead of just going full throttle on making the hottest gas possible.

The issue is that fusion temps are so hot and so abundant that they can literally heat the entire z-level to unlivable levels. Yes, that includes the vast open space surrounding the station, nevermind single tiles exposed to space.

also holy shit an oldman post in current year
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head

wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums

IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior

Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!

TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.

Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway

annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.

Image

Next

Return to Coding Feedback

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users