Secway, should it secstay?

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
carshalash
Byond Username: Carshalash

Secway, should it secstay?

Post by carshalash » #515153

The idea of a sec officer riding around on a segway was someone all thought was silly and gave a thumbs up to, making it give armor and the ability for people to misclick on it instead of you to make a 100% blocked shot is just absolutely stupid as well as negating any movement loss from the stamina system that has replaced stun based combat
deedubya
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Deedubya

Re: Secway, should it secstay?

Post by deedubya » #515159

Yeah, let's nerf security even more, I'm sure that's what they need and will definitely attract more people to the department.
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head
wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums
IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!
TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.
Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway
annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #515166

Secway should go secaway
Half the time some tider/powergamer steals it anyway and frankly I see no reason it should be as powerful as it is, Security already gets good gear, their allies in red and a mild level of trust based on the fact that security officers might be assholes but can never be truly bad guys. I wouldn't mind it staying as mostly cosmetic vehicle because it's funny and fits the intended mall cop theme but no more than that.
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Reyn
Byond Username: ReynTime13

Post by Reyn » #515222

Sorry for the activity on the forums. Thought now would be a good time for a forum session.

I... Honestly have split opinions of the secway.

Security, when in crisis or when wearing heavier armor, Needs the secway to improve response speed, especially in terms of arriving at a combat situation in reasonable time.

However that also means that you'll have sec officers snag the secway just to wear the biggest fucking armor they can find and zoom around. Additionally Greytiders, the detective, and lawyers are prone to stealing it, and honestly when it's stolen it tends to spark a LOT of conflict.

In all honesty removing the secway would just incentivise shitcurity sec officers to just steal the fucking janicart.
I play Trevor Fea on Bagil, And Giorno Giovanna on terry. Yes, I'm THAT raging asshole. Sorry for being such a cunt.
Have I told you how much I hate engineering, by the way?
Critawakets
Byond Username: CRITAWAKETS

Post by Critawakets » #515225

Secway is only used by the greytide and by shitsec and both times in bad intentions. I recommend it secgoesthefuckaway.
am gud enineering
scrungo
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #515228

It's a mech but not. It blocks shots, so it's effectly an additional layer of HP in whichever direction it's facing. What is supposed to really be a means to avoid slips as a security officer is actually more useful for tanking gunfire while you return fire with impunity. Even with the explosion nerf, it's still used plenty for a hefty advantage in a fight you go into with it.

Honestly it either should die or it needs to have it's ability to block shots removed. It's bad baby design and a crutch for shit players.
Sandshark808
Byond Username: Sandshark808

Post by Sandshark808 » #515231

NecromancerAnne wrote:It's a mech but not. It blocks shots, so it's effectly an additional layer of HP in whichever direction it's facing. What is supposed to really be a means to avoid slips as a security officer is actually more useful for tanking gunfire while you return fire with impunity. Even with the explosion nerf, it's still used plenty for a hefty advantage in a fight you go into with it.

Honestly it either should die or it needs to have it's ability to block shots removed. It's bad baby design and a crutch for shit players.
Isn't it just a janicart with a different sprite? Ebig Gamers would just go steal the janicart for this.
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #515234

all the issues with it would be fixed if we removed its density. dunno why it still has it.
knacker48
Byond Username: Knacker48

Post by knacker48 » #515236

But then what will I ride as a lesser ash drake?
Attachments
Drake and his mate.PNG
skoglol
Byond Username: Skoglol
Github Username: kriskog

Post by skoglol » #515316

Make it not block shots, and below mob layer with no overlays. Also resprite it as a mobility scooter.

I have spoken for removal in the past, and I still support that. But making it real dorky would probably work too.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #515320

perish sec players as its time for another ww2 allegory

You removed my xenobiologist mobs. Yet I did not complain as science had it coming

You removed my science guns. Yet I did not complain as science still had it coming

You removed my rocket launchers. Yet once more I didn't like science

But when action ninja whipped out the security nerfs. Everyone else was already blocked for spam so there was no one to salt with me
► Show Spoiler
skoglol
Byond Username: Skoglol
Github Username: kriskog

Post by skoglol » #515343

skoglol wrote:Make it not block shots, and below mob layer with no overlays. Also resprite it as a mobility scooter.

I have spoken for removal in the past, and I still support that. But making it real dorky would probably work too.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #515396

Make it hydroplane on wet turfs and slam into walls and send people fucking flying
[this space reserved]
Darkgenerallord
Byond Username: Darkgenerallord

Post by Darkgenerallord » #515455

it should skid out if you go diagonal