Minor Feedback

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Reyn
Byond Username: ReynTime13

Re: Minor Feedback

Post by Reyn » #521540

Bottom post of the previous page:

Borged vampires can still use their bat form, even while locked down. Not sure if this applies to vamp brains put in ai's though.
I play Trevor Fea on Bagil, And Giorno Giovanna on terry. Yes, I'm THAT raging asshole. Sorry for being such a cunt.
Have I told you how much I hate engineering, by the way?
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #526522

Watched a round earlier where someone had something the ghosts described as fist of the something something. Apparently it's an 8TC traitor item.

There were 30 people on that round. On the station, the AI was the only survivor. Every other person died in a two-second stunning flurry, except the murderer, who spaced himself for a "glorious death".

8TCs. Jesus Christ. Was he combining it with something else?
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
skoglol
Byond Username: Skoglol
Github Username: kriskog

Post by skoglol » #526524

Likely sleeping carp and fist of the north star. Grab from the martial art stuns and increases your punch damage to 15, fist makes you hit fast. Total 25tc, so it requires a discount to combo them.
Reyn
Byond Username: ReynTime13

Post by Reyn » #526603

skoglol wrote:Likely sleeping carp and fist of the north star. Grab from the martial art stuns and increases your punch damage to 15, fist makes you hit fast. Total 25tc, so it requires a discount to combo them.
Theres a goddamned reason why they cant be comboed without the discount. I was on a goddamned high pop round with that fucking combo being used by a guy and he slaughtered the whole fucking station.
I play Trevor Fea on Bagil, And Giorno Giovanna on terry. Yes, I'm THAT raging asshole. Sorry for being such a cunt.
Have I told you how much I hate engineering, by the way?
OFQ
Byond Username: OFQ

Post by OFQ » #535316

Reyn wrote:I was on a goddamned high pop round with that fucking combo being used by a guy and he slaughtered the whole fucking station.
Basically normal wiznerd round.
Spoiler:
Fistnerd? Winzerd of fisting?
Anuv
Byond Username: Anuv

Post by Anuv » #535445

What the fuck happened to adrenals. As a ling a solo baton-wielding dude permastunned me until cremation. I didn't budge or move. What is this.

Edit: yeah completely fucking insane, one baton is assured death for an operative armed to the teeth.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #539420

The failure rate on mechanical limb organ manipulation for basic surgical tools is waaaaaay too low. No other surgery has its "ghetto" analogue suffer a 90% failure chance.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #539457

wouldn't that make it too high?
Anuv
Byond Username: Anuv

Post by Anuv » #539481

Remove flash hard stun and the fire axe.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #539484

oranges wrote:wouldn't that make it too high?
That's a 1 in 10 chance for failure, no other ghetto tool hits that low with exception to matches for cauterising (15% success).

It's a super low chance at success and extremely annoying if you get a patient who's got a mechancial torso and has been disemboweled. Good luck getting a multitool on short notice if you're a doctor.
Ivuchnu
Byond Username: Ivuchnu

Post by Ivuchnu » #558100

Removal of recently played maps from map vote seems to result in votes where default choice (single map) from player's preferences not taken into account. Please undo this change OR allow players select maps they want to play by sorting them from most preferred to least preferred in preferences. All it takes a sudden map vote you don't notice and next round map is Donut with very few votes.
Heal w. water/starlight/rads +self-resp
Not happy with game, not happy with code.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #559713

participate in the map vote then
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #559735

oranges wrote:participate in the map vote then
That's ridiculous, if I'm in the middle of something that I can't easily stop during the round such as a fight or w/e then I can't participate in a map vote. Isn't there a preference for one's preferred map? If so, then can't the vote take that preference into account if the player chooses not to vote?
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #560093

sounds like a personal problem for you
Jack7D1
Byond Username: Jack7D1

Post by Jack7D1 » #560123

There is an easy solution, make the map vote last all round.
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Post by Helios » #560493

Last round someone got gibbed by the mining shuttle. I took his head, not his brain, to robotics. So they could put his head onto a new body
If you put John's head onto George's body, intuitively you would call him John. But instead he becomes George. You can say UIs and UE's are different, but that's "game logic" and not intuitive.
Istoprocent1
Byond Username: istoprocent

Post by Istoprocent1 » #560575

Vending machines are bugged and do not let users buy unlocked contraband. This was happening a few days ago with plant vendomat in hydroponics as well as the one in the primary tool storage with voice analyzers.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #562226

The hierophant club really shouldn't be able to damage the AI. Lets a miner just roll up next to the core and kill an AI without being able to see them.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Ivuchnu

Calomel changes

Post by Ivuchnu » #562504

https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/50583

Bad change to calomel. It should not be "smart purger". Why?
  • If slimeperson gets poisoned with something like Pentetic Acid, your best action now is to kill them quickly and then stomach pump. Or tons of Anacea.
  • If someone gets multiver foam from scrubber pressure event, same approach, kill and clonestomach pump or Anacea. At least you can use Pentetic Acid here. Do note that multiver will likely purge that too unless you mix in some medicines.
  • Pretty much same goes for other harmful "medicines" you just want to remove quickly unless you made tons of Pentetic.
It was quick and reliable way to remove whatever chems are troubling live person.

EDIT: Oh wow, "2u potassium and 2u water" suggested in PR comments. New meta to purging everything?..
Last edited by Ivuchnu on Fri May 22, 2020 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jack7D1
Byond Username: Jack7D1

Post by Jack7D1 » #562505

Have you tried haloperidol?
Ivuchnu

Post by Ivuchnu » #562506

Haloperidol's
for(var/datum/reagent/drug/R in M.reagents.reagent_list)
M.reagents.remove_reagent(R.type,5)
won't do it for multiver poisoning.

"Violent reactions" such as explosions emptying bipedal beakers seems to be oversight.
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #566406

hellfire lasers being faster makes me think all lasers should be faster they suck pretty bad and being able to outrun lasers is dumb. or at least disablers.
Helios

Post by Helios » #566518

confused rock wrote:hellfire lasers being faster makes me think all lasers should be faster they suck pretty bad and being able to outrun lasers is dumb. or at least disablers.
I disagree. The slowness of lasers, and even explosions allow them to be dodged. From a game design, you want weapons that are fun to shoot, and be shot at. Lasers are fun to fire because they're inevitable. If you shoot a laser into a crowded shuttle, your target may dodge it, but it will hit *something*. They are fun to be shot by, because lasers are dodgeable. That was the weakness they had over melee combat.
Families space cops with SWAT equipment aren't fun to fight against. Hellfire lasers aren't as fun to fight against.
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #566529

yeah, but at this point it's easy to outrun lasers. it's a bit TOO easy to dodge them. it takes an entire disabler to down one guy because even at reduced speed they can just flail around and shooting is impossible. why even bother aiming?
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #566638

hitscan lasers time
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #566641

when using a gun you aim at where the dude will be in 2-3 tiles, depending on distance and lag this is basic logic
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #566644

bullet drop

(:
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #566653

oranges wrote:hitscan lasers time
how about a gun that shoots a really slow projectile but the projectile shoots hitscan lasers every tick

like the quake 2 version of the BFG
cocothegogo
Byond Username: Cocothegog0

Post by cocothegogo » #566661

hi i found a glitch

if you you try to make a molotov with a rag and a bottle and attempt a 2nd molotov while the 1st is still on the same tile it uses the 1st molotov instead of using the unused bottle

i think this happens because a molotov is still considered a container?
knewtoomuch
Byond Username: Virome1488

Post by knewtoomuch » #568596

I'm not sure what the point in the invisible box ability is for the mime.

The issue is, it lasts for all of a minute before you have to 're-use' the ability to get the box again in your inventory. Sometimes, the items you store in the box seem to persist through its disappearance and reappearance, but sometimes they just drop onto the floor instead. If the former is what's supposed to happen then that's overpowered as shit since you basically have a pocket dimension to store contraband in, but if it's the latter then the ability is completely useless.
Ivuchnu

PanD.E.M.I.C virus naming and potentially somewhere else

Post by Ivuchnu » #569160

Commit a6c22323d7f2998d1e61f1b76986212e0c998ccb by AnturK, Fixes name santization in few places changed how sanitization works for PanD.E.M.I.C machine and it's virus naming feature. Namely, it now uses reject_bad_name() function. As consequence, it will apply rules generally meant for character names to virus names. Like no slashes or automatic word capitalization. Not sure if it's intended. Not sure if ChemMaster pill naming behaving as before is intended. Noticed it when my usual "Heal w. water/starlight/rads +self-resp" input became "Heal W. Waterstarlightrads +Self-Resp" with no warning (durrr, what a name) while ChemMaster did name I requested. This change might affect other things that use sanitize_name() function.

P.S. if(t == "space" || t == "floor" || t == "wall" || t == "r-wall" || t == "monkey" || t == "unknown" || t == "inactive ai") //prevents these common metagamey names - that line being removed makes those possible, despite starting uppercase? "Unknown" might be a problem.
Sheodir
Byond Username: Sheodir

Post by Sheodir » #569368

The department head capes look like fucking garbage and have always have

the colored outline looks so amateurish I hate the fucking things

edit: reposting because i had a brainfart, thought i'd posted this to policy feedback, then realized no it was the right one
I play Holden Westmacott. Sec/PM main most of the time.
Ivuchnu

Note: Bone regeneration in effect. Bone is 0% regenerated.

Post by Ivuchnu » #569622

Anyone is getting that message for wounds health analyzer result? I got Hairline Fracture that after treatment with gel + tape kept reporting 0% progress on analyzer until recovery. Message is not consistent with actual values.
Attachments
analyzer_report_and_VV_values.png
analyzer_report_and_VV_values.png (7.91 KiB) Viewed 11325 times
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Re: Note: Bone regeneration in effect. Bone is 0% regenerated.

Post by Shaps-cloud » #569638

Ivuchnu wrote:Anyone is getting that message for wounds health analyzer result? I got Hairline Fracture that after treatment with gel + tape kept reporting 0% progress on analyzer until recovery. Message is not consistent with actual values.
I'll check that this weekend, thanks
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
TheSmallBlue
Byond Username: SmallBlue

Post by TheSmallBlue » #572736

Cult-chat shouldn't be the same shade of red as actions, i've seen cultists not realize there were people chatting through it due to them thinking they were the normal red-text actions.
When human I go by Bluti Kabooti, when AI I go by Azure
Comm from
Helios

Post by Helios » #600150

>DNA activators that failed no longer give chromosomes.
Please stop making genetics more difficult, for less and less rewards.
Noodlecat
Byond Username: Noodlecat

Post by Noodlecat » #615602

Buff adrenals and adrenaline sacks, changelings are such a weak antag right now.
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #615922

Helios wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 5:22 pm Please stop making genetics
Agree
rekkter
Byond Username: Rekkter

Post by rekkter » #616410

Okay so I really like hardcore random because I think that it's fun to play with random quirks, but I don't like the fact that you can't play hardcore random WITHOUT it randomizing your character as well. It kind of wastes a character slot and I'd like to be able to play with one of my main characters, just with random quirks and the leader board. You should make it so that you can either choose what to randomize (like with a standard character) OR at least add a "random quirk" button or something like that. I don't see a reason behind having to play with a randomized character, just so you can use this fun gimmick.
waterfleainc
Byond Username: Waterfleainc

Post by waterfleainc » #641710

there are way too many traitors on lowpop and it's a threat to RP

I've decided to start a thread for this because my message is really long. I hope I am not annoying anyone.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #646947

The steal 3 guns thief objective sucks because guns are bulky now and it's a major pain to even carry that many guns.

Yeah you can steal disablers instead or something, but its not a good objective when the inventory management is more of a challenge than getting the guns in the first place.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
TheSmallBlue
Byond Username: SmallBlue

Post by TheSmallBlue » #657284

SCRUBBERS SUCK. WHY DID THEY BRING THEM BACK "congrats crew you got randomly selected to stand on your desks for like 10 minutes if you do not want to be touched by the poo water that slips you!!" only good thing to come out of scrubbers is stuff like oh haha my office is now flooded with crack how funny and thats it
When human I go by Bluti Kabooti, when AI I go by Azure
Comm from
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #657310

Had a beer flood last round I played in the middle of trying to fight a Sentient Virus. It was awful.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #657399

I always thought sneezing fits stunning you for a few moments was an exaggeration until I took Boston public transport last week
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #680939

Bonfire grilles can't interact with the new cooking system (see here) from the place of a range, but still interact with its cooking methods for simple 1 to 2 heat-up meals of objects like meat, doughs sit on it lifelessly. Id argue it either needs to do it all or have the tribal cooking methods diversified as its impossible to create simple bread or pizza flatbreads without a oven circuitboard and the energy to run it, both of which don't work in emergency or even ghetto situations you'd be cooking this way.

There's also no way to procure the specific instruments for soup-making (ladels, non-autolathe spoons, the pots for cooking at ranges) from material-crafting or specifically the autolathe so it also remains largely ambigious for self-styled cooks. (example, bored podpeople want to try recipies, and use the biogen for flour, cheese, tofu and can't even bake bread)
Very Un-Italian
Very Un-Italian
Screenshot 2023-04-18 211844.png

Spoiler: