Minor Feedback

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Re: Minor Feedback

Post by CPTANT » #299897

Bottom post of the previous page:

Could the binary channel be more recognizable for the AI and borgs?

Because currently it is the least noticeable of all communication channels, while arguably being the most important one.

Either giving it a colour or making it bold/bigger would be a good change.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #303830

>Normal sized cable-coils
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #305562

I dislike the wire cutting to reset cyborgs. Roboticists are now de-syncing cyborgs from AIs and "forgetting" to re-sync them. Oh and by the way borg, is the AI a traitor?

Just go back to using module reset boards already if you dislike pulsing so much.
Yakumo_Chen
Byond Username: Yakumo Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #307147

Anonmare wrote:I dislike the wire cutting to reset cyborgs. Roboticists are now de-syncing cyborgs from AIs and "forgetting" to re-sync them. Oh and by the way borg, is the AI a traitor?

Just go back to using module reset boards already if you dislike pulsing so much.
ARE YOU SAYING THAT ROBOTICISTS ARE DOING EXACTLY AS I PREDICTED IN THE PR???
COULD IT BE THAT THE SHITTER ROBO PLAYERS ARE USING THIS FEATURE TO METAGAME ROGUE AIS AS I WARNED WOULD HAPPEN????
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #307301

Yakumo_Chen wrote:snip
i don't know but please stop posting like goof thanks
Limey wrote:its too late.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #307335

module reset boards when :V
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
lzimann
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Post by lzimann » #307412

As soon as the freeze is over.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #307416

lzimann wrote:As soon as the freeze is over.
it would be allowed under the semi-freeze rules, wouldn't it?
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
lzimann
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Post by lzimann » #307480

It's balanceish.
Yakumo_Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #307754

It's a metagame exploit, not balance.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #308148

Anonmare wrote:I dislike the wire cutting to reset cyborgs. Roboticists are now de-syncing cyborgs from AIs and "forgetting" to re-sync them. Oh and by the way borg, is the AI a traitor?

But this was already possible?
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #308154

oranges wrote:

But this was already possible?
But now there's plausible deniability. The only way to reset a borg is by cutting the wire and there's no feedback from pulsing the reset wire. A roboticist can cut the AI sync wire and easily be able to say they forgot to re-sync them because there's no way to prove that they didn't on purpose. With pulse resets, there was definitive intent
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #308156

>Borg players made their bed but don't wanna lay on it.

Smh
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #308157

D&B wrote:>Borg players made their bed but don't wanna lay on it.

Smh
What did he mean by this?
Ezel
Byond Username: Improvedname

Post by Ezel » #313932

There is feedback your just dumb to notice it
The future is horrible!
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #319158

Can we get clearer action lists for all playable lifeforms, please? Maybe some HUD elements? Because figuring out how to do what as a Morph and how I was effected by various attacks was a bit of a pain.

EDIT: Also, when are we getting the Healing Hands mutation? I have been waiting for it for SIX YEARS.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
tacolizard
Byond Username: Tacolizard
Github Username: Tacolizard

Post by tacolizard » #324752

AnonymousNow wrote:Can we get clearer action lists for all playable lifeforms, please? Maybe some HUD elements? Because figuring out how to do what as a Morph and how I was effected by various attacks was a bit of a pain.

will probably never happen due to simple mobs all using different code that would require big snowflakey overhauls to each and every one to achieve this.
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #329449

Engineering borgs really don't need stun arms
AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #332163

I recently learned that hivelord core implantation no longer acts as passive healing.

I'm having difficulty finding words for this change, other than "retarded".
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:

Xenomorphs a shit.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #332210

AnonymousNow wrote:I recently learned that hivelord core implantation no longer acts as passive healing.

I'm having difficulty finding words for this change, other than "retarded".
The implant is not really worth it, but the instant heal from picking it up is priceless.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #332427

If I recall the reason for removing the hivelord passive regen was because a maintainer (oranges?) didn't like invisible healing.

It should probably be brought back and just use the little + popups that other regen uses now.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #332438

On the other hand, regen is pretty damn valuable considering it comes from the easiest mob in lavaland
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master

Post by Arianya » #332451

XDTM wrote:On the other hand, regen is pretty damn valuable considering it comes from the easiest mob in lavaland
Eh, it requires you to take the item back to station, either very quickly or buy a core stabiliser, and then find someone with the time and knowledge that you can trust to do surgery on you.

AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #332466

Arianya wrote:
XDTM wrote:On the other hand, regen is pretty damn valuable considering it comes from the easiest mob in lavaland
Eh, it requires you to take the item back to station, either very quickly or buy a core stabiliser, and then find someone with the time and knowledge that you can trust to do surgery on you.
And frankly, if you go through the trouble of doing all that, you deserve that healing.

Spoiler:

Xenomorphs a shit.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #332469

Arianya wrote:
And do not forget that it can feel pretty thankless for your surgeon if he works on several people and has no one to do implants for him... :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt:
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #332533

last time i had a IT'S A HIVELORD GODDAMMIT core implanted into me i was force-fed it instead of it being implanted because it hadn't expired yet
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #332657

When they worked for regen, there was no expiration limit for implanting, only for eating them. Surgery does offset a lot of item power, but looking at cyberimplants they require surgery AND high research levels/minerals, for generally less power than constant regen and the emp downside.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #332678

XDTM wrote:When they worked for regen, there was no expiration limit for implanting, only for eating them. Surgery does offset a lot of item power, but looking at cyberimplants they require surgery AND high research levels/minerals, for generally less power than constant regen and the emp downside.
IIRC they had tiered regen depending on the condition of the hivelord core. Fresh was best, then stable, then inert. Or that may've just been rumours, since we tended to only implant fresh cores.

Spoiler:

Xenomorphs a shit.
D&B

Post by D&B » #332701

AnonymousNow wrote:
XDTM wrote:When they worked for regen, there was no expiration limit for implanting, only for eating them. Surgery does offset a lot of item power, but looking at cyberimplants they require surgery AND high research levels/minerals, for generally less power than constant regen and the emp downside.
IIRC they had tiered regen depending on the condition of the hivelord core. Fresh was best, then stable, then inert. Or that may've just been rumours, since we tended to only implant fresh cores.
I remember fresh and stable spawned two blood lings, inert only one.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #332744

Eat cactus instead now
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #333647

I feel as though stands taking friendly fire damage from their summoners and visa versa is an odd thing that should be looked into.

Also, blobs are almost certainly underpowered right now. With all the warning the crew gets, a blob can have a very strong start and be completely incapable of holding back the enormous greytide with welders and welderbombs, even with a partner onboard. Why did we add the warning again?

Spoiler:

Xenomorphs a shit.
D&B

Post by D&B » #333672

AnonymousNow wrote:I feel as though stands taking friendly fire damage from their summoners and visa versa is an odd thing that should be looked into.
It's canon
Spoiler:
fuck you
Arianya
In-Game Game Master

Post by Arianya » #335984

I think the language system would be improved by non-speakers of a language not seeing the symbol when they hear someone talk a language. Speakers of the language do see a symbol.

Cultlanguage and codespeak and the like are pretty niche as is because its a big red flag of "Lynch he" unless its the curator, and it gives the curator a niche to help him find them valids if this is changed.

Also codespeak should output random sentences heard a la Poly for non-speakers (shamelessly stolen from Discord)

Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #336004

I accidentally harmed a few shadowpeople as a drone because the vision filter didn't let me know they were shadowpeople. Do we really need the filter?
calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #336012

Lazengann wrote:I accidentally harmed a few shadowpeople as a drone because the vision filter didn't let me know they were shadowpeople. Do we really need the filter?
Emergent
Life is too short for anything meaningful and too long for anything memeingful
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #346936

/vg/ is adding potions for wizard, which that feature alone makes them 100x better than us. We don't want that do we? Code monkies chop chop
Life is too short for anything meaningful and too long for anything memeingful
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #355729

EMPs being able to toggle cyborg lockdown wires is extremely annoying
Zarniwoop
Byond Username: Dagum

Post by Zarniwoop » #356675

I consumed a bunch of growth serum and used horror form, but it was normal sized. Can we fix this?
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #397453

Cable layers really suck.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #397457

fuck you, cable layers are great

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #397515

How to play SS13.png
How to play SS13.png (104.69 KiB) Viewed 15617 times
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #397558

git gid?

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #400975

DemonFiren wrote:fuck you, cable layers are great
they dont actually work right now. they just lay a bunch of unconnected node wires instead of one long un-noded wire.
SpaceManiac
Byond Username: SpaceManiac
Github Username: SpaceManiac

Post by SpaceManiac » #400977

Dr_bee wrote:
DemonFiren wrote:fuck you, cable layers are great
they dont actually work right now. they just lay a bunch of unconnected node wires instead of one long un-noded wire.
They work fine as far as I can tell.
Anuv
Byond Username: Anuv

Post by Anuv » #406197

Dragnet takes 30 seconds to remove as I learned as a nukie last night. Is that intended?
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #406279

Anuv wrote:Dragnet takes 30 seconds to remove as I learned as a nukie last night. Is that intended?
Bear traps take the same amount of time and the DRAGnet basically uses non-harmful bear traps. so I Imagine yes. Bear traps are harder to use than bolas so it makes some sense.
Yakumo_Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #414451

Jesus fuck SAWS are powerful, I got crit in one hit from them, wearing bulletproof armor
MercuryArrow
Byond Username: MercuryArrow

Post by MercuryArrow » #415381

So is the ungodly mess of unbalancedness that is the possessed chainsword *ever* getting fixed? Having one null rod that's clearly superior in nearly all ways to every other option, is available from roundstart, outdamages the two-handed fire axe by an order of magnitude and still has special features(functions normally as a null rod, is ghost-possession friendly) is kind of ridiculous and I'm amazed it's been allowed to remain like that for months on end, especially after the recent tweaks to chaplain's loadout. It'd be one thing if there was some RNG or some work involved in null rod selection, at least then having an extra-good option would make sense as a goal to work toward or to hope for.

For the love of the Honkmother, if you're going to make an uber-offensive null rod, you could at least swap the force with the chainsword that DOESN'T also give you a spirit buddy or remove some of the functionality. At present, there's really no reason to pick anything else beyond RP reasons - and while the chaplain is ultimately an RP/fun role, it's a role with important responsibilities in certain roundtypes. I'd rather not get chewed out by salty players for taking a gimmick artifact and having it turn out to be cult when there was clearly a 'best' option.
Melinoë Parker, local anaemic mutant.
Deirdre Caidh, bartender, bluespace hobbyist, occasional serial killer.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #415460

when you code it
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #415462

Give me a number and I'll alter the force damage
MercuryArrow
Byond Username: MercuryArrow

Post by MercuryArrow » #415536

Anonmare wrote:Give me a number and I'll alter the force damage
I dunno, the standard 18-20 range seems fine if it's going to keep its current effects - still keeps it on the high end for null rod variants without being the best weapon on the station. Lower would be too drastic a change since it can't block, higher and it's too competitive with two-handers like the crafted fullsize chainsaw and fire axe.
oranges wrote:when you code it
This is a meme response for major changes and it's still a meme response for fixing simple and glaring balance issues. :D
Melinoë Parker, local anaemic mutant.
Deirdre Caidh, bartender, bluespace hobbyist, occasional serial killer.