Minor Feedback

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Re: Minor Feedback

Post by MMMiracles » #229406

Bottom post of the previous page:

Kel-the-Oblivious wrote: I don't see why having something that is thrown over the lava not start to combust be... snowflakey. Seriously, you are being thrown OVER the lava. Yeah, if you try to jump too far a gap you are going to be fucked, but seriously, I don't see why throw items should get damage, since they are not actually touching the flesh melting lava at any point during the trip. Only "balance issue" I see with that is miners throwing one another over the lava to quickly let one of them bypass it. That'd be really useful. And it could also royally fuck over a miner, because suddenly they are seperated from their squad by a river of lava that they others need to find a way to ford across.
It was snowflake-y because the check involved looking for a specific set of circumstances every time a carbon mob entered a lava turf. The only other option I could think of at the time was making thrown items immune, similar to chasms already. That would of just opened up a whole other section of balance complaints and would of required reworks of structure set ups (i.e the lava gulag, as the sole purpose of the giant pre-set lava river is to prevent escape).

I didn't feel like dealing with either issue, so.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
Kel-the-Oblivious
Byond Username: Kel the Oblivious

Post by Kel-the-Oblivious » #229413

Then please, reduce the cost of them. 2500 points for a three tile jump that protects you from one environmental hazard that is arguably the easiest to avoid is pretty excessive

A thought would be: Allow miners to use the leap for DYNAMIC ATTACKS against megafauna or other players. As it stands, hurling yourself at a player does moderate brute damage to both players, and knocks them down. If you could make it that using a bone spear/axe/crusher while using the jump boots let you leap onto the target for bonus damage, that would be awesome and pretty useful. Melee fighting with megas is almost never done. Even people with Crushers will pick up a plasma cutter when they go mega hunting.
The master splicer, the bitch queen of mining, and some crazy ligger peddling you medicinal marijuana.
Super Aggro Crag wrote:Kel is a genuine Cool Oldfag
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #229425

Kel-the-Oblivious wrote:my only other choice was to make all things thrown lava-safe. I did not want to force such a huge balance change into a simple content PR, so I scraped it.
PR it anyways, sounds like a fun change
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Kel-the-Oblivious
Byond Username: Kel the Oblivious

Post by Kel-the-Oblivious » #229434

I'm looking at the downside of making lava thrown safe

1: Das Gulag will be easier to escape. The answer: Push it a bit further to the edge of the z-level, and expand the lava river just a touch. Or, move it further away from the mining base, so if Gulagers want to try and escape via Mining, they need to navigate the hellscape. Alone if there is only two of them, without mesons, shelter, KA, armor, or really anything to improve their odds of survival. If someone who got Gulag'd managed to make it all the way to mining base after increasing the difficulty spike... I'd say they have proven themselves to be too valuable, and shang high them into mining.

2: Making the lava boat useless. Not gonna happen. Yeah, if I can get hurled over a little narrow lava river, I still need to find my way back to the other side if I'm working in a duo. Also, using the lava rivers is a pretty safe and quick way to get back to base without going through the miner warren. You know that go as far west as you can go south almost as far as you can, and you'll be back at home.

It's a 2500 point cost item made to get you over hazards, nothing more. The Hardsuit costs less, and it's a fucking armored and upgradeable space suit. Fully upgraded, it has the single highest brute defense of any hardsuit. Even the Elite Syndie suit doesn't have nearly as nice brute defense.
The master splicer, the bitch queen of mining, and some crazy ligger peddling you medicinal marijuana.
Super Aggro Crag wrote:Kel is a genuine Cool Oldfag
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #229444

Gulag shuttle needs to have its console be all access so you can't decon the ore redeemer to make the gulag a permabrig
Spoiler:
letshavecake
Byond Username: Letshavecake

Post by letshavecake » #229488

PKPenguin321 wrote:Gulag shuttle needs to have its console be all access so you can't decon the ore redeemer to make the gulag a permabrig
The permabrig and gulag should just be combined anyway
There are already rarely going to be enough prisoners to fill one or the other, they don't need to be split up even further, being alone with nothing to do is why people go braindead and stop playing
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #229533

PKPenguin321 wrote:Gulag shuttle needs to have its console be all access so you can't decon the ore redeemer to make the gulag a permabrig
Not a good idea PK, not unless you make the ground right next to the shuttle into lava turfs. I can break into the gulag shuttle cockpit with stuff found in the gulag alone.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #229594

Anonmare wrote:
Not a good idea PK, not unless you make the ground right next to the shuttle into lava turfs. I can break into the gulag shuttle cockpit with stuff found in the gulag alone.
I guess, but it's extremely shitty when we have a player who actually wants to serve their sentence (way more rare than it should be) and they can't figure it out because the ore redeemer has mysteriously vanished
Spoiler:
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #229600

If security are deconning the redeemer then tossing people into the gulag for point-sentences with no way of redeeming points, then treat it the same as you would any other act of security permanently removing people from the round. If they're valid for perma, fine, if they only did something minor and sec are outright taking them out of the game for it then slap them.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #229603

Screemonster wrote:If security are deconning the redeemer then tossing people into the gulag for point-sentences with no way of redeeming points, then treat it the same as you would any other act of security permanently removing people from the round. If they're valid for perma, fine, if they only did something minor and sec are outright taking them out of the game for it then slap them.
The thing is it's not always sec, people have been stealing the ore redeemer for like, R&D projects or some bullshit. It doesn't help that the lower half of the shuttle is general access on half the maps.
Spoiler:
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #236471

I'm honestly quite sick of people buying the meteor shuttle. It's really irritating, especially if a spike in space lag prevents you from getting out of the way in time.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #244272

>discounted syndicate uplink for 3 tc
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #244454

Anonmare wrote:I'm honestly quite sick of people buying the meteor shuttle. It's really irritating, especially if a spike in space lag prevents you from getting out of the way in time.
working as intended :)
Iatots
Byond Username: Iatots
Github Username: Iatots

Post by Iatots » #245352

Nerf spacedust tbh

It's annoying that some fast sand can bring down a reinforced window or strip a wall to the girder in one hit.
MAINTENANCE NOT REPAIRS
the station should wear down, not break down
Double, triple the occurence, I don't care, but "lol RNG breach" is dumb.
Munchlax
Byond Username: Lobstercake

Post by Munchlax » #249278

remove trampling
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #251940

Make lavaland loot only useable on lavaland, shit's so unbalanced it's painful.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #251971

Yakumo_Chen wrote:Whoever thought it was a good idea to have xenobio make statues and be able to sentience them?

I mean it'd definitely not overpowered at all to have an invicible fast murderthing running around killing everyone is it
It can't move if you look at it. Get good.
Reece wrote:Make lavaland loot only useable on lavaland, shit's so unbalanced it's painful.
Get good.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #251973

ShadowDimentio wrote:
Reece wrote:Make lavaland loot only useable on lavaland, shit's so unbalanced it's painful.
Get good.
Never!
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #252611

if people legit have problems with statues they cannot destroy finished walls. an rcd is a damn good counter.
Ezel
Byond Username: Improvedname

Post by Ezel » #252806

confused rock wrote:if people legit have problems with statues they cannot destroy finished walls. an rcd is a damn good counter.
Nah give the librarian a chisel
The future is horrible!
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #253939

Deep frying adds the reagent in the vat into the fried item, which means that you can dip the nuke disk into miner's salve or some other stunning or poisonous chem and nuke ops will have to spend a couple minutes eating it before inserting it into the nuke. 10/10
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
Ezel
Byond Username: Improvedname

Post by Ezel » #254057

XDTM wrote:Deep frying adds the reagent in the vat into the fried item, which means that you can dip the nuke disk into miner's salve or some other stunning or poisonous chem and nuke ops will have to spend a couple minutes eating it before inserting it into the nuke. 10/10
>not forcefeeding it to the captains dead body
The future is horrible!
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #254059

>Not poisoning the nuke disk in a horrible deathmix
>Not double deep-fat frying it and putting it inside a double deep-fat fried cheese wheel
>Not putting the wheel in a backpack full of fried cheese wheels
>Not putting the backpack into a BoH full of backpacks full of fried cheeswheels
>Not putting the BoH on a heavily armoured and armed lawyer
>Not putting the lawyer in an ID-locked, welded, double-packaged locker
>Not dragging an active AI core over the locker
>Not putting them both in the AI Upload with the turrets and slip defenses on
>Not bolting and depowering the Upload doors

Let's see you get the disk now goyim.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #254066

Anonmare wrote:>Not poisoning the nuke disk in a horrible deathmix
>Not double deep-fat frying it and putting it inside a double deep-fat fried cheese wheel
>Not putting the backpack into a BoH full of backpacks full of fried cheeswheels

C4 the upload open, my eshield blocks the turrets, tear the locker open, emag it, shoot the lawyer, loot the lawyer, find the cheese wheel with the disk by dropping the cheese on the floor one at a time to see which has the disk, feed the cheese/disk to the lawyer's corpse, get dat fukken disk, greentext.

It's like you're not even trying.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
XDTM
Github User

Post by XDTM » #254230

Which is why you put a mousetrap bomb along with the cheesewheels.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #254670

ShadowDimentio wrote:
Anonmare wrote:>Not poisoning the nuke disk in a horrible deathmix

C4 the upload open, my eshield blocks the turrets, tear the locker open, emag it, shoot the lawyer, loot the lawyer, find the cheese wheel with the disk by dropping the cheese on the floor one at a time to see which has the disk, feed the cheese/disk to the lawyer's corpse, get dat fukken disk, greentext.
It's like you're not even trying.
or use a syndiebomb, its like you're trying too hard
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #273184

Whoever removed the Rainbow Crayon's ability to choose its colour is now eternally on my hit list.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #273253

Anonmare wrote:Whoever removed the Rainbow Crayon's ability to choose its colour is now eternally on my hit list.
I think that was coiax.
Assassinate he.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Yakumo_Chen
Byond Username: Yakumo Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #275429

the wizard trap-spam spell is really obnoxious because the traps have a rather absurd amount of health and it takes forever to destroy them.
XDTM
Github User

Post by XDTM » #275494

I'm pretty sure you can just trigger them by throwing something over them
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #275505

XDTM wrote:I'm pretty sure you can just trigger them by throwing something over them
you can also examine them, this makes them visible temporarily, and starts their cooldown preventing them being used for a short while.
私は完璧
Yakumo_Chen
Byond Username: Yakumo Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #275627

Right, but if they aren't destroyed they tend to accumulate a bunch of injured. Unless I have a fire axe though it takes like a full minute of whacking with an object to get rid of each one.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #275674

Firelock construction is really bad, a lot of the steps need to be made instant. It takes 3x as long to make a firelock as it does to make one airlock.
Spoiler:
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #276080

It's also not intuitive on their repairs. Alot of people don't know you need to WELD the WIRES back in.
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #276127

Anonmare wrote:It's also not intuitive on their repairs. Alot of people don't know you need to WELD the WIRES back in.
that's fucking ridiculous
Limey wrote:its too late.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #288310

Make carpet grenades not cover lava, or make it burn on contact.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #288417

Minor QoL change. Can you make ghost setting like the sec/med HUD, Toggle Darkness etc save its settings? It gets rather annoying having to change them every round. Especially now Toggle Darkness has like 4 levels to it.
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #289406

>See several rounds now where a Hulk smashes his way into the AI sat, hit the APC once to break it before any of the turrets can activate

Destructible machinery was a mistake
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #289425

Destructible everything was a mistake
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
XDTM
Github User

Post by XDTM » #289445

Destructible stuff is fine, hulk is a mistake
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #289447

I'll go further and say that genetics was a mistake.
Bring back papercult.

PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #289450

InsaneHyena wrote:I'll go further and say that genetics was a mistake.
genetics sounded so cool to me that it convinced me to finally try playing this game don't remove it :(
Spoiler:
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #292001

genetics is fine, but hulk pls go
Limey wrote:its too late.
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #299005

You don't appear to be able to attach different heads to different torsos.

How am I supposed to make freaks of nature with restrictions like these?
Remie Richards
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #299174

Anonmare wrote:You don't appear to be able to attach different heads to different torsos.

You were able at one point, I should know, I enabled it!
https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/17623

Something in the last year and 14 days broke it, spooky

Is there a feedback message? eg: "that's not an augment silly!"
私は完璧
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #299184

Anonmare wrote:You don't appear to be able to attach different heads to different torsos.

You mean like take a head from X and put it on Y's body and take Y's head and put it on X's body? If you can't do that, it's a bug and fairly recent as well, I've had to have done that in the last 2-3 months.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #299188

Remie Richards wrote:

No it let me do the surgery. It said the surgery was successful but it just left me holding the head. I was a mediborg at the time, I was making a freak of nature with one Human's torso, another's head, a Plasmaman's limbs and a Lizard's tail
XDTM
Github User

Post by XDTM » #299234

Anonmare wrote:
Remie Richards wrote:

No it let me do the surgery. It said the surgery was successful but it just left me holding the head. I was a mediborg at the time, I was making a freak of nature with one Human's torso, another's head, a Plasmaman's limbs and a Lizard's tail
must be a bug with the borg organ holder
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #299237

curse that borgan holder.
私は完璧
Swindly
Byond Username: Swindly

Post by Swindly » #299604

XDTM wrote:must be a bug with the borg organ holder
It does the same thing when humans attach try to attach heads. I'll look into it.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #299897

Could the binary channel be more recognizable for the AI and borgs?

Because currently it is the least noticeable of all communication channels, while arguably being the most important one.

Either giving it a colour or making it bold/bigger would be a good change.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.