Minor Feedback

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Re: Minor Feedback

Post by lumipharon » #99207

Bottom post of the previous page:

what. WHAT. What satan spawn changed that? When and why?
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #99215

Someone just told me it is a bug related to changes with storage code, so hopefully it will be fixed soon
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
toastbusters
Byond Username: Toastbusters

Post by toastbusters » #100178

When I play as a Librarian, I'm unable to use any of the library computers to print books. I'm able to write my own content and bind it into a book, but when I use the computer on my desk or any of the other computers in the library, I'm able to open the interaction box but when I select any option (print from external archive, checked out books, etc) I get an eror message that says "encountered an improper argument". I hit okay, and the animations on the game work, but i'm unable to move. I have to x-out and connect to the server again.

I'm the world's worst librarian :P

If it helps any, I've got windows 8.1 and it seems to be this an issue unique to me. It's not too big a deal, I can always be another job, but I feel it's worth knowing that something's up.
newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

Post by newfren » #100208

Pushing interals masks/the mask the viro starts with out of the way of your mouth doesn't actually do anything any more. I used to be able to eat pills/food/drink and give cpr just by pushing it out of the way but now it keeps telling me to take my mask off.

It still stops them from functioning as internals I guess!
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #100942

newfren wrote:Pushing interals masks/the mask the viro starts with out of the way of your mouth doesn't actually do anything any more. I used to be able to eat pills/food/drink and give cpr just by pushing it out of the way but now it keeps telling me to take my mask off.

It still stops them from functioning as internals I guess!
this was a bug, iirc it was fixed and if this is still happening then go report it on the github
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #101017

What if you could rename agent IDs you've already named? That'd be fun.
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #101125

The crew monitor upgrade with the minimap is the sexiest UI overhaul so far. bretty good 5/5.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
mosquitoman
Byond Username: MosquitoMan

Post by mosquitoman » #101141

agreed, the new crew monitor is amazing. great job whoever coded that.
invisty
Byond Username: Invisty

Post by invisty » #101151

To be fair though it's _really_ hard to spot the little squares on the map, but I kinda like it that way, lest it become too easy to locate people.

It's a fine balance.
Mime: Depresso
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #101364

I'm actually not such a fan of the crew monitor. It's sorted by alphabetical order instead of department now (so it's harder to tell if one department's just got wrecked, or to check on a team like security), the colour scheme only works if all the info isn't available (and even then it's green-alive red-dead, no apparent graduation like orange-crit).

When all the info is available the coloured square is a useless white, so you have to hover over it to make sure nobody's in crit. Because of the way the hover message works (covering that square and the one below it), you can't slowly move your mouse down to check them all in a row: you have to do it from the bottom up.

The minimap is cool but it's pretty hard to see the squares sometimes. Apparently that's a feature though.

I like the concept, I just think it's slightly clunky. If the old crew monitoring console was only updated just to automatically refresh itself every five seconds that would have been just as good, if not better, than this change.
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #101469

Being hard to see is not a feature.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #101567

MisterPerson wrote:Being hard to see is not a feature.
I'm just referencing Invisty's post, where he said that
it's _really_ hard to spot the little squares on the map, but I kinda like it that way...It's a fine balance.
MisterPerson
Board Moderator

Post by MisterPerson » #101599

Yeah I can read. It's still an absolutely horrendous way to balance something.

hanshansenhansson
Byond Username: HansDampf

Post by hanshansenhansson » #101611

There should be a "Gary Tyder has been knocked out for good!" message when critting someone. I killed people out of fear of them just being knocked down and not in crit more often than I am willing to admit. (I know I can examine them already, but that takes a second. Them instantly pushing me down and getting my toolbox takes half a second)
MisterPerson
Board Moderator

Post by MisterPerson » #101840

That would ruin people pretending to fall into crit by lying down manually and maybe even *gasping a few times.

Personally I'm 100% ok with that but other people might not be.

Incoming
Github User
Byond Username: Incoming
Github Username: Incoming5643

Post by Incoming » #101841

I've faked deathgasp to save my ass more than once, it's amazing when they fall for it.

For added realism go to sleep instead of just lying down, because then you get the collapse sound effect and everything.
Developer - Datum Antags: Feburary 2016

Poly the Parrot - All Seeing Bird Transcends Universe, Joins Twitter.

Kofi - Make A Poor Life Choice

Good ideas backed by cruddy code since 2012!
Actionb
Byond Username: Actionb

Post by Actionb » #102327

Explosions stripping your shit.
Why.
Why again?
People hated it the first time around.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #102337

Security officers shouldn't even have berets in the first place, that's mime shit
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
TrustyGun
Byond Username: TrustyGun

Post by TrustyGun » #102360

Berets are actually not specifically french. For starters, the Russians had berets.

Usually Julian Mackabee or K.I.N.G
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #102367

bandit wrote:Security officers shouldn't even have berets in the first place, that's mime shit
Well, what else are they going to wear to be stylish? Not helmets, that's for sure.
Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #102437

TrustyGun wrote:Berets are actually not specifically french. For starters, the Russians had berets.
And, indeed, some units in the west are well known for wearing them, such as the, uhh, Green Berets.
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #102539

I'm pretty sure something is wrong with the air pump in the transfer room gas chamber. Doesn't work at all, and it has a red light on it.
MisterPerson
Board Moderator

Post by MisterPerson » #102542

Luke Cox wrote:I'm pretty sure something is wrong with the air pump in the transfer room gas chamber. Doesn't work at all, and it has a red light on it.
This isn't the place to report bugs. There's a sticky explaining how on this very forum.

TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #104434

Burn medkits have two salicyclic acid pills in them... which do this:
If you have less than 50 brute damage, there is a 50% chance to heal one unit.
It heals brute, and it's not even too effective. Can we swap them out for more burn patches?

Also, pest spray should be super effective against flypeople.
Arete
Byond Username: Arete

Post by Arete » #106416

The radiation from the nuke's plutonium core knocked me out before I had time to click on it with the container that traitors with that objective get. It didn't crit me immediately, but I wasn't ever able to get conscious and on my feet again once I exposed it. You should probably tone it down somewhat if you want it to be theoretically possible to grab with nothing but what you start with.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #106418

Your meant to be wearing a radiation suit when taking out the core, the instructions should be more clear on that.
Actionb
Byond Username: Actionb

Post by Actionb » #106463

pls nerf spess wind k thx

Seriously though. The effects of a little bit of draft are exaggerated. Had a moment yesterday where I couldn't place pipes correctly due to air pushing everything around. Area was bombed earlier, but all breaches were sealed and the atmosphere was fine.
Even when you use external airlocks from the outside correctly (keep inner airlock closed until you are inbetween the doors), the outgoing air will make you look like a ping pong ball for 30 seconds - and that's with a hardsuit on. Only god can save your sorry ass when you are stuck, ever so slightly damaged, in a breach without a space suit.
During fires or other situations with high pressures, it feels like there's 10 mechs with grav pults having their way with you.
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #109091

SHOULDER HOLSTER SHOULD GO UNDERNEATH THE COAT PLEASE FIX THIS IM GOING TO CRY THIS IS TRIGGERING ME REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #109110

ColonicAcid wrote:SHOULDER HOLSTER SHOULD GO UNDERNEATH THE COAT PLEASE FIX THIS IM GOING TO CRY THIS IS TRIGGERING ME REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Can't be done.
Otherwise belts and stuff would be inside spacesuits, and other visual weirdness.
We have the best of the two scenarios at the moment, Paprika tried to PR it and he got shot down.
私は完璧
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #109120

WELL I AM GOING TO PUT MY DISPLEACEMENT HERE

I, WHEN IM PLAYING DETECTIVE, CRY EVERY TIME I SEE THAT MY SHOULDER HOLSTER IS ABOVE MY COAT.
I DONT LIKE IT ONE TINY BIT, NOT ONE TINY BIT I TELL YOU.
Remie Richards
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #109133

ColonicAcid wrote:WELL I AM GOING TO PUT MY DISPLEACEMENT HERE

I, WHEN IM PLAYING DETECTIVE, CRY EVERY TIME I SEE THAT MY SHOULDER HOLSTER IS ABOVE MY COAT.
I DONT LIKE IT ONE TINY BIT, NOT ONE TINY BIT I TELL YOU.
O-ok
I fixed it: https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/10992
Items can now individually specify a layer to render themselves on, Gun holsters are now underneath suits, but normal belts are still above suits.
私は完璧
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #109158

Based Remie saves the day
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #109286

Remie is the best thing to happen to this server since...

...someone fill in here.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #109326

Christ almighty can we please put something in place to prevent getting a single traitor changeling antag in lowpop rounds? They nearly always get dunked and then it just becomes extended for a long ass time. Forcing at least two round antagonists would probably help this some
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #109936

GOD BLESS AMERICA.

WE HAVE MADE HISTORY ON THIS DAY, WHERE I CAN FINALLY BE A REAL EDGY NOIR DETECTIVE
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #110007

ColonicAcid wrote:GOD BLESS AMERICA.

WE HAVE MADE HISTORY ON THIS DAY, WHERE I CAN FINALLY BE A REAL EDGY NOIR DETECTIVE
>A brit adds your feature
>God Bless America

I don't understand!
私は完璧
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #110012

Noir detectives are not edgy also.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #110023

Remie Richards wrote:

>God Bless America

I don't understand!
Whats more confusing is that CA is British, why is he asking god to bless the rebel land? Does he not like the Queen or something?
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #110073

Malkevin wrote:
Remie Richards wrote:

>God Bless America

I don't understand!
Whats more confusing is that CA is British, why is he asking god to bless the rebel land? Does he not like the Queen or something?
TREASON! it's TREASON!!
私は完璧
MisterPerson
Board Moderator

Post by MisterPerson » #110091

America needs blessings from God because we don't get any from the Queen. It's a pity blessing, really.

Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #110100

Well the Queen is empowered by God so I suppose getting her blessing could technically be called God's blessing too

Back on topic: Could anything be done about laser pointer's hit rate? I mean, I know they're essentially ranged flashes but the success rate of a hit seems really weird. Like, I could be standing right next to someone and expend an entire charge trying to point it in their eyes and miss every single time, yet I could get lucky and blind somebody on the very edge of the screen on the first try.

Granted you don't want to make them too powerful but, correct me if I'm wrong, but only 2 jobs actually get laser pointers and they can't be found/made on the station. Plus it let's the Librarian be the hero we all deserve when the borgs go nuts and start going wild and unlikely heroism is what /tg/station is all about.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #110134

Anonmare wrote:Well the Queen is empowered by God so I suppose getting her blessing could technically be called God's blessing too

Back on topic: Could anything be done about laser pointer's hit rate? I mean, I know they're essentially ranged flashes but the success rate of a hit seems really weird. Like, I could be standing right next to someone and expend an entire charge trying to point it in their eyes and miss every single time, yet I could get lucky and blind somebody on the very edge of the screen on the first try.

Granted you don't want to make them too powerful but, correct me if I'm wrong, but only 2 jobs actually get laser pointers and they can't be found/made on the station. Plus it let's the Librarian be the hero we all deserve when the borgs go nuts and start going wild and unlikely heroism is what /tg/station is all about.
you can get laser pointers from mining vendors with your mining points

also could you make it so you can't waste charges by pointing at the floor, that shit's annoying. at least when you miss with guns the bullet keeps travelling and can still hit, but laser pointers have almost no cooldown and no actual projectile, meaning you can just poop away all your charges in an instant on accident
Spoiler:
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #110262

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Anonmare wrote:Well the Queen is empowered by God so I suppose getting her blessing could technically be called God's blessing too

you can get laser pointers from mining vendors with your mining points

also could you make it so you can't waste charges by pointing at the floor, that shit's annoying. at least when you miss with guns the bullet keeps travelling and can still hit, but laser pointers have almost no cooldown and no actual projectile, meaning you can just poop away all your charges in an instant on accident
You can upgrade them with micro-lasers from Science to get perfect accuracy.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #110473

i thought that just upgraded the recharge rate
Spoiler:
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #113219

I just learned that resisting away from being strangled doesn't work - in fact, absolutely nothing works to get away from strangulation. I made a bug report on Git because of how stupid this seemed, just to be told that this is apparently intended behaviour.

There are no words.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #113223

Yeah once someone gets you to neck-grab you're pretty much done.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #113226

It seems that when you monkey as a ling now all of your items are deleted. I actually found this incredibly useful for assuming other people's identities as i did not need to stash a pile of my old items, but i am pretty certain it is a bug.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #113568

please fucking god give engiborgs a magboot module, it used to be my favorite module but now you can't even fucking fix anything due to spacewind, you can't even make a grille it pushes you so fast, you can't even use your RCD either.

and please god make their RCD more efficient, unless you have a 40k battery it's nearly useless for fixing anything of consequence

you gave the human ones a boost please give cyborg ones one too it's suffering why even bother playing this module pls
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #114636

Give disposals pipes little arrows on them so you know which way they're supposed to go. Disposals is hard.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #114640

They do have arrows, they're just really really faint.
And I'm pretty sure they used to be more visible in the past.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #115169

Allow us to remove Changeling organs via surgery as a way of stealing their powers! (As we can currently do with Xenos)