New Cobbychem thread

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Taraiph
Byond Username: Taraiph

Re: New Cobbychem thread

Post by Taraiph » #525237

Bottom post of the previous page:

deedubya wrote: Doctors now have roundstart access to oldchem as well as at least one syringe gun. If you don't want to make chloral hydrate to knock tiders on their ass, you deserve to get looted.

There's also generally more doctors than there are medbay tiders at any single point. Departmental camaraderie is very much a thing in tg.
Not on lowpop there ain't. That and 80% of the time I'm FUCKING BUSY. I don't want to have to blast you with enough lexorin to kill bubblegum just because you don't know what the fuck the word "no" means.
Calomel
Byond Username: Ryumeme

Post by Calomel » #525264

deedubya wrote: Doctors now have roundstart access to oldchem as well as at least one syringe gun. If you don't want to make chloral hydrate to knock tiders on their ass, you deserve to get looted.

There's also generally more doctors than there are medbay tiders at any single point. Departmental camaraderie is very much a thing in tg.
First point: Even if I do mange to shoo people away from medbay via cloral or whatever, they'll come back,
and they'll have reasonable escalation to do all kinds of terrible things to me.
Second point: Even if I do manage to sleep the tider, now i gotta take the horizaontal person and put him in a safe position out of medbay,
which costs effort time, and if sec sees it, a (honestly justified) trip to the jail for Ko'ing a guy.
Third point: CMo and chemist have their own places to be, half the doctors are usually going to ERT and be out of medbay, so even if
there are enough doctors, they are not going to be on tider wrangling duty. And that's just when there aren't people with actual problems.
Fourth point: I am probably too new to see it, but at least on terry i don't see this "departamental camaraderie" you speak of.
Everyone pretty much does their own thing.
Fifth point. As taraiph says, people have things to do better than deal with tiders and their damage. Doctors now pass the time
dissecting morgue people for organs to use later, or making chems themselves; chemists have things to do, Viro is on his virus cave
and CMo is ensuring people know what to do.
Sixth point: This is probably unfair from me, but some people really don't want to fight. Specially taking into account Medical is
usually "spacemen's first department" after civilian.

The real problem isn't that epople want stuff though, it's that even if medical provides said stuff via the entrance medkits and chemical
vendor, they STILL do this. I'm not saying people shouldn't go get what they "need", I'm saying that people need to actually first look if
the stuff they want is right in front of them.
"Purging chemicals at incredibly hihg speeds."
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #525283

Calomel wrote: The real problem isn't that epople want stuff though, it's that even if medical provides said stuff via the entrance medkits and chemical
vendor, they STILL do this. I'm not saying people shouldn't go get what they "need", I'm saying that people need to actually first look if
the stuff they want is right in front of them.
Which is why I suggested removing the goods in the first place. Make them HAVE to go through the doctor to get treatment, either from medicine they made or from their roundstart medkits/surgery.

If a non-doctor wants meds they should have to buy it from a nanomed or cargo, giving money an actual fucking use. Public versions of the nanomed would probably be a good idea to add, locking sutures and mesh behind a paywall.
ragevirus
Byond Username: Ragevirus

Post by ragevirus » #526088

Not saying that changes are unnecessary, but the sec desk in medbay is there to deter shitters and is rarely used. Just having someone sitting there does a lot to prevent people from being dickholes and makes life much easier for medbay personnel. If you're fed up with the tide, try asking sec to station someone there or even rolling sec yourself and set your preferred department to medical.
Calomel
Byond Username: Ryumeme

Post by Calomel » #526278

ragevirus wrote:Not saying that changes are unnecessary, but the sec desk in medbay is there to deter shitters and is rarely used. Just having someone sitting there does a lot to prevent people from being dickholes and makes life much easier for medbay personnel. If you're fed up with the tide, try asking sec to station someone there or even rolling sec yourself and set your preferred department to medical.
It may actually not even be a medbay problem, but a sec problem. Sec is rarely populated, so it's logical that vandalism is rampant.
"Purging chemicals at incredibly hihg speeds."
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #526696

In positive news. The doctor job has greatly improved from having access to the apothecary. The job no longer consists of mindlessly waiting around. You can actually make medicine during downtime.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Taraiph
Byond Username: Taraiph

Post by Taraiph » #528530

The Corazone changes are probably the most smoothbrained changes in cobbychem.

This is accounting for Fiziver and Synthflesh.

Other than that, nothing in medbay has changed in several months. I'm honestly thinking that I should just carry around a syringe gun full of lexorin for literally every problem that comes up.
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #528615

Did you know that antihol can remove toxin without repercussions
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #528682

I needed a break from the uphill battle but i'll start converting more items into the C2 realm soon [tm].
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #528685

Taraiph wrote: Other than that, nothing in medbay has changed in several months. I'm honestly thinking that I should just carry around a syringe gun full of lexorin for literally every problem that comes up.
I added a skill for medical not even a month ago.

Also kill and clone is still dumb, I'm going to delete posts who imply it's unironically good without explaining the circumstances that would make it good (IE T4 and Radfucked although seiver now exists :flushed:).
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #528700

it has a use for when medical got syndibombed by war nukies, so a scientist grabs a cloning board from the tech lab.

Or just when a lame traitor spends 11 tc on a syndibomb and aims for everything but cloning
► Show Spoiler
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #528729

Cloning will always be better than defibbing because you don't have to deal with organ damage
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

Kryson
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Kryson

Post by Kryson » #528780

Timonk wrote:Cloning will always be better than defibbing because you don't have to deal with organ damage
Not really they have different applications. Defibbing is better if the organs are somewhat fresh.

Organ damage doesn't do very much and self heals so even quite badly hurt organs is no obstacle. You can often just coronary bypass them and defib.

SR is better than both and the chad doctor's choice.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #528786

I like using surgery and defibb and stasis beds to heal people but i dont like cobby chems cause they aren’t fun
[this space reserved]
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #528787

I wish that cobby chem that healed people the more you beat them up was used more.

we gotta buff it
► Show Spoiler
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #528849

Shadowflame909 wrote:I wish that cobby chem that healed people the more you beat them up was used more.

we gotta buff it
It requires being made and is only useful in a niche situation of a person with high brute as well as decent toxin and burn damage. Which is most cases means they are dead.

Helbital is neat, but not useful in the slightest.
SpaceInaba
Byond Username: SpaceInaba

Post by SpaceInaba » #531336

cant wait for surgery exp to be fixed
also i feel like medibots are like, extremely powerful now
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
fuck,
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #531402

Your liver gets wrecked with a single syringe of syrinver shot at you. Nuff said.
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Kryson
Code Maintainer

Post by Kryson » #531450

Timonk wrote:Your liver gets wrecked with a single syringe of syrinver shot at you. Nuff said.
I should fix that. The issue is caused by my misunderstanding of how syringes work when i made the chem. It should convert to musiver on syringe gun injection of course. Shotgun darts will be even more lethal loaded with syriniver after it is fixed however due to the double OD.
Kryson
Code Maintainer

Post by Kryson » #531452

SpaceInaba wrote:cant wait for surgery exp to be fixed
also i feel like medibots are like, extremely powerful now
Medibots are really powerful, and the new white kit items are bit too strong for self application since you can suture all your limbs at the same time.
Lullaby
Byond Username: EldritchLullaby

Post by Lullaby » #531801

people found out that if you put a pai in a medibot you can heal people at lightspeed and its insane
have'st thou considered placing thineself among a quantity of bitches