Indifferent Coders Griefing Codebase

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
The_Silver_Nuke
Byond Username: The_Silver_Nuke

Indifferent Coders Griefing Codebase

Post by The_Silver_Nuke » #524796

https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/47866

Actionninja makes good PR's. Unironically I mean that, they put out good stuff on the regular. HOWEVER when presented with an opposing argument as to why a PR shouldn't get merged they just do NOT give a fuck and will not give you equivalent reciprocation. Honestly this is infuriating. Controversial PR's shouldn't get merged, and especially if the opposition wants to prove a point yet the author of a PR refuses to explain why it is good for the code, then proceeds to taunt with short one or two word quips.
actioninja
Byond Username: Actioninja

Re: Indifferent Coders Griefing Codebase

Post by actioninja » #524799

What the hell has happened to TG
Tarchonvaagh
Byond Username: Tarchonvaagh

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #524800

I hate the new ids
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #524801

Here's some context - he got upset that actioninja wanted to remove spinstuns on borgs, so he got into it with him on the PR. Action wasn't listening to him so he joined the coderbus discord to bitch at us about it, everyone told him off and said it was his problem not ours.

Also apparently he's banned from the tgstation discord for being a pedo.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Tarchonvaagh
Byond Username: Tarchonvaagh

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #524802

Damn
The_Silver_Nuke

Post by The_Silver_Nuke » #524803

Oh please. I most certainly am not and additionally you fucking trolls, all I want is to make sure !!GAMERS!! are heard by the coders. Like, is that actually to hard to ask? No. Apparently it is however. Legitimately, I offered you genuine feedback and I put thought into what I was saying. No I just get ignored.
The_Silver_Nuke

Post by The_Silver_Nuke » #524804

Then, when you run out of arguments as to why you are pushing a shit PR you bring up some bullcrap from months and months ago on a completely unrelated appeal. Awesome. You are just awesome.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #524805

Welcome to my mine

We are mining frustration
► Show Spoiler
actioninja
Byond Username: Actioninja

Post by actioninja » #524807

I'll give a somewhat serious response.

Just because you have feedback doesn't mean we have to take it into account. Just because you have an argument with a point doesn't mean it's a point that will be agreed with.
I didn't feel the need to do a direct epic digg style point by point breakdown because in the end it came down to a difference of opinion, and I didn't want to waste my time with high effort responses when even if I laid everything out in front of you you still wouldn't like it because you fundamentally believe that silicons need this second stun.
ninjanomnom
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Ninjanomnom
Github Username: ninjanomnom

Post by ninjanomnom » #524808

You're free to give arguments for why you think a change is good or bad, but you are not owed a response. Especially when the arguments start repeating.

Maintainers are all highly trusted and their sense for gameplay changes plays a part in their selection. The only controversial pr as far as the merge process is concerned is one in which maintainers disagree on what should be done with it.
Narcissistic stuff others said/made for me
Spoiler:
Sandshark808
Byond Username: Sandshark808

Post by Sandshark808 » #524814

Removing spinstuns is also a really good PR and it shouldn't be difficult to see why. Now that you can officially bind emotes to a key (people did before, but it was with ahk which is arguably allowed but not intended/supported mechanically) it's easy to just grab and spin people in a second. There have to be changes to accommodate that.
The_Silver_Nuke

Post by The_Silver_Nuke » #524815

I actually genuinely appreciate the serious response ninja. All I wanted was to have a conversation about it. Like, okay yes it I do play Silicon frequently, and I think I do have a good foundation to have opinions. And yes I do like having stuff be in favor of my favorite role. But before that even I like a logical, balanced, unbiased approach to coding and making changes. I don't like unbalanced content that makes things unfun, and from my point of view I felt that it was a change that made it unbalanced and unfun. All I wanted was a legitimate response, not snippy witty remarks that attack the person behind the comment.

I get that maintainers are supposed to be trusted individuals, but when they have a tendency of showing a "fuck you I do what I want" attitude it makes that trust have a weak foundation and crumble completely. Honestly the bare minimum should be that coders treat people like individuals who actually share their passion for the game, instead of a "oh my god you're trolling" attitude.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #524817

Hoes mad
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Kryson
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Kryson

Post by Kryson » #524823

ninjanomnom wrote:Maintainers are all highly trusted and their sense for gameplay changes plays a part in their selection.
Personally, i think the maintainers do have a better grasp of game design than the average player and get it right more than they get it wrong.

But they certainly have their blind spots as well, and their decisions should be questioned and criticised if you feel that is warranted.

For for example, the merging of an acid with toxpwr 6, totally ridiculous considering that fluorosulfuric was already strong at 2 toxpwr.

Here is a couple of my other recent favourites maintainer bruh moments:

oranges oblivious to the existence of oculine, inacusate, silibinin and polypyrylium oligomers.
orangesorgans.PNG
Cobby thinking choral takes at least 20 cycles to put someone to sleep.

I don't understand how someone one who has ever used chloral(or read toxin_reagents.dm) could think it takes 40 whole seconds to put someone to sleep with it.
cobbychloral20.PNG
cobbychloral20.PNG (11.01 KiB) Viewed 9181 times
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #524852

Oranges has been a dipshit lately but I see what pr this thread is about and laugh my ass off at what is effectively a patched exploit
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #524861

This topic would have been a lot stronger if the trigger, borg buckle chainstunning getting removed was actually a bad change.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
The_Silver_Nuke

Post by The_Silver_Nuke » #524866

It definitely is a bad change. Honestly I play Silicon a LOT, it basically accounts for half of my playtime, and the amount of people I was able to save was just innumerable thanks to this ability. The next time someone comes up with a pair of sunglasses and an egun and starts shooting up medical I won't be able to stop them at all. Literally all you need to counter borgs now is sunglasses. How is that not unbalanced?
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #524871

spinning people was never meant to be a tool for borgs to stunlock and its not the borg job to stunlock a murderboner in medical and weld him in a locker (i saw this happen), they have magic wi fi to bolt person in place and wait for people whose job is to stunlock murderboners (sec or vigilantes) to do it or send beepsky
The_Silver_Nuke

Post by The_Silver_Nuke » #524872

What do you mean it isn't their job? If someone is murdering as Asimov you are OBLIGATED to stop any human harm however you can. Basically what borgs have been reduced to is a very loud punching bag.
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #524877

The_Silver_Nuke wrote:It definitely is a bad change. Honestly I play Silicon a LOT, it basically accounts for half of my playtime, and the amount of people I was able to save was just innumerable thanks to this ability. The next time someone comes up with a pair of sunglasses and an egun and starts shooting up medical I won't be able to stop them at all. Literally all you need to counter borgs now is sunglasses. How is that not unbalanced?
Good

Cyborg is a punishment role and not only should borgs be weaker, escalation rules should be relaxed against them like other ghost roles
The_Silver_Nuke

Post by The_Silver_Nuke » #524878

Wh- punishment role? Well that's just depressing. Besides, I rarely see people force borged as a punishment. Most people just get slaughtered and forgotten about, thus is the way of TG. Just about all the borgs I play with play silicon voluntarily, and simply because ghosts can inhabit posi's does not mean that escalation should be reduced against them. Keep in mind that they are players too, and just because they are bound to an AI doesn't mean they don't care about how the round goes.
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #524880

The_Silver_Nuke wrote:Wh- punishment role? Well that's just depressing. Besides, I rarely see people force borged as a punishment. Most people just get slaughtered and forgotten about, thus is the way of TG. Just about all the borgs I play with play silicon voluntarily, and simply because ghosts can inhabit posi's does not mean that escalation should be reduced against them. Keep in mind that they are players too, and just because they are bound to an AI doesn't mean they don't care about how the round goes.
Escalation should be relaxed against them because cyborgs play as "laws optional." If a cyborg is getting in the way, being annoying or fucking things up and you tell them to stop you're lucky if you can reach a 10% success rate. Cyborgs have the invincible defense of "oops I didn't read the order in time" and there's no way to prove otherwise
If you play cyborg regularly you're guilty of it too
The_Silver_Nuke

Post by The_Silver_Nuke » #524881

Hm, I rarely run into that issue on Sybil. I bring the hammer down hard on any griefing borgs, and admins are good about monitoring it too. I can't say about other servers however. But it's the rare case where I run into a "laws optional" borg thankfully, but when they do happen it's resolved swiftly.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #524885

hahahha suck a candy cane idiot
[this space reserved]
zxaber
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Zxaber

Post by zxaber » #524890

Of all the possible nerfs that people want to bring to borgs, this one is rather inconsequential and really shouldn't be the hill to die on. Yeah, rushing and buckling people only to spin them into a wall for the stun was funny, (and I do hold that it was easy to defend against once you were aware), but it also felt like unintended gameplay.
Douglas Bickerson / Adaptive Manipulator / Digital Clockwork
OrdoM/(Viktor Bergmannsen) (ghost) "Also Douglas, you're becoming the Lexia Black of Robotics"
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #524893

Kryson wrote:oranges oblivious to the existence of oculine, inacusate, silibinin and polypyrylium oligomers.
orangesorgans.PNG
Im not oblivious, but making it clear I don't like them as opposed to leaving people in the dark is the right thing to do.

I'd merge a pr removing any or all of them and replacing them with surgeries.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #525047

Kryson wrote:
ninjanomnom wrote:
Cobby thinking choral takes at least 20 cycles to put someone to sleep.

I don't understand how someone one who has ever used chloral(or read toxin_reagents.dm) could think it takes 40 whole seconds to put someone to sleep with it.
cobbychloral20.PNG
I had misread (below) btw and then corrected myself
https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/ ... ts.dm#L311
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
deedubya
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Deedubya

Post by deedubya » #525126

Lazengann wrote:
The_Silver_Nuke wrote:It definitely is a bad change. Honestly I play Silicon a LOT, it basically accounts for half of my playtime, and the amount of people I was able to save was just innumerable thanks to this ability. The next time someone comes up with a pair of sunglasses and an egun and starts shooting up medical I won't be able to stop them at all. Literally all you need to counter borgs now is sunglasses. How is that not unbalanced?
Good

Cyborg is a punishment role and not only should borgs be weaker, escalation rules should be relaxed against them like other ghost roles
This has to be the most smoothbrained take I've read in weeks. It's not a ghost role. It's not even a punishment role. Hell, it's a fucking roundstart role, same as all the rest.

That being said, the PR the OP is complaining about is a perfectly valid PR. It patches an overly abused exploit. If you want to actively prevent harm, pick the module specifically designed for doing so. You have a fucking synthpax hypospray, you can slow down gunfire in a field around you, and confuse people with your loud ass harmalarm. Stop whining about how ineffective you are at breaking up fights as a janiborg when that's not what that module was designed to do. It's like whining about how a medical doctor has no access to engineering to stop a delamination. No shit, that's not your fucking job. Stop pretending it is.
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head
wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums
IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!
TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.
Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway
annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.
Akrilla
Byond Username: Akrilla
Github Username: Akrilla

Post by Akrilla » #525137

Lazengann wrote:
Good

admin thinking cyborg is punishment role cringing rn
Qbmax32
Byond Username: Qbmax32
Github Username: qbmax32

Post by Qbmax32 » #525140

we stopped silvernuke from shitting up the discord but we couldn’t stop them from shitting up the forums
my admin feedback thread

quotes
Spoiler:
wesoda25 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:02 am Qbmax32 is quite literally one of the dumbest individuals I have ever had the misfortune of coming into contact with. He has zero redeemable traits, and honestly I have to suppress my gag reflex every time he shows up in a conversation.
Malkraz wrote:YES
DRINK THE PISS QB
angelstarri wrote:qbmax is a retard
imsxz wrote:mythic please stop you’ve hit rock bottom and you KEEP DIGGING
deedubya wrote:I'll defend to the death your right to scream "NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER" on a constant basis, but I'll also equally defend the right of people to call you a fuckin' pillock for doing it.
datorangebottle wrote:what, not having to act like customer service in a volunteer customer service position?

Here's a rebuttal: you're literally in a customer service slash celebrity position. Volunteer or not.
Malkraz wrote:can you stop posting this shit
Nalzul wrote:Fuck Blob (can you imagine how hot it would be to be gangbanged by a bunch of blobbernauts, the blob, and spores)
Wyzack wrote:qbmax your pathetic display of abhorrent burgercraft has brought shame onto the omnivores
Plapatin wrote:i AM the senate
BONERMASTER wrote:I am a big thinker, and it would only be logical if my character had a big head as well. And glasses. Because only people that think, wear glasses.
feem wrote:i tried to send canisters of urine to the station but ended up turning all oxygen into urine and breaking lavaland and also breathing
Anonmare wrote:Each post in this thread can't settle on what it wants to be, but yet, each one is more cursed than the last.
Beesting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.
Vile Beggar wrote:i don't like this thread
imsxz wrote:nervore
FantasticFwoosh wrote:I will whisper sweet nothings that will confuse and perhaps scare you a little, but enhance the experience no-less.
afelinidisfinetoo wrote:By the way, the person who posted that catgirl porn on the github page was me. If anyone wants my private stash just PM me
Nervere wrote:Anything for a femoid.....
Qbopper wrote:I'm a dumb poopy butthead
CitrusGender wrote:god i love it when people feed me my own fried legs
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #525178

cyborg is a masochist role (by default) and/or a punishment role.
carshalash
Byond Username: Carshalash

Post by carshalash » #525211

Cobby wrote:cyborg is a masochist role (by default) and/or a punishment role.
It is a masochist role, but trying to say it's a punishment role is dumb.
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #525232

carshalash wrote:
Also that line of thinking is what keeps borgs from being fun to play. cant give borgs anything that might be fun or they might stop being a "punishment role"
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #525251

carshalash wrote:
It used to be a popular option to borg non-murderboning traitors if caught. kinda died off since a lot of people now play like they're trying to be the next Lexia, and security just finds it easier to kill people off now that they can't abuse the validhunt module.
Dr_bee wrote:Also that line of thinking is what keeps borgs from being fun to play. cant give borgs anything that might be fun or they might stop being a "punishment role"
Like what? The most recent sillyfeatures seem like they are always about making users Big Brother or pseudo-sec because of Asimov.
carshalash
Byond Username: Carshalash

Post by carshalash » #525367

Cobby wrote:
carshalash wrote:
It used to be a popular option to borg non-murderboning traitors if caught. kinda died off since a lot of people now play like they're trying to be the next Lexia, and security just finds it easier to kill people off now that they can't abuse the validhunt module.
Dr_bee wrote:Also that line of thinking is what keeps borgs from being fun to play. cant give borgs anything that might be fun or they might stop being a "punishment role"
Like what? The most recent sillyfeatures seem like they are always about making users Big Brother or pseudo-sec because of Asimov.
Well actually, it's also great to do to murderboners. That way you get to taunt them about the fact they can't do harmies and have to help people instead of just getting balids.

Also, henshin borgs. Bring them back.
4dplanner
Byond Username: 4DPlanner
Github Username: 4dplanner

Post by 4dplanner » #525373

My favourite part is this:
maintainer tyrant wrote:That's a strawman and you know it.
brave player wrote:Maybe, but it doesn't make what I am saying any less correct.
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #525432

This isn't feedback about a feature and more of a "i dont like what this maintainer did".

If you have an issue with coder conduct, you can take it up the maintainer who merged it. If you don't like that answer, you can take it up to a headcoder.

If you don't like either of those, sorry you sol.