Paramedic feedback

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Sheodir
Byond Username: Sheodir

Re: Paramedic feedback

Post by Sheodir » #538961

Bottom post of the previous page:

Super Aggro Crag wrote:making medbay more closed off is good because then I have less assistants charging in after the paramedic dragging someone in crit demanding i give them my sutures or give them ligament hook or whatever

imagine if you were in a real hospital as a real doctor and a guy just shoved his way into the operating ward and started walking up to random doctors and asking them to feel around in him
This isn't a bad point at all but I feel this is more a point for having a general medbay access segregation than a "Paramedics shouldn't access it" segregation. Put that in but let Paramedics come in.
I play Holden Westmacott. Sec/PM main most of the time.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #538967

yes it was slightly off topic my apologies
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #539455

PMs should be barred from acting as MDs by default. The situation in which a PM should fill the MD role (and vice versa) should be the exception rather than the norm.

We already have things like skeleton crew that handle this, PMs and features surrounding them (including maplayout) shouldn't be designed with the intention they're going to be put in the position of both MD/PM regularly.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #539522

i'm pretty good at roleplaying little to no understanding of the current medical system as paramedic
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #539590

Paramedic is literally waltzing into danger regularly it seems. It's kind of rough walking in on a murder or a ling. Also really puts your ability to dodge bullets to the test.

Also I'm really finding myself turfing my roundstart stuff and using whatever chemistry can get me. I especially dislike their lack of a decent applicator for their medical supplies, since bottle and syringe is both really damn annoying. At the very least it would be handy to have a dropper just so you don't waste so much formaldehyde on corpses and use too much calomel on people.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #539605

paramedics scare me

played a round as warden where a paramedic saw a curator taking oxygen damage in his room, and with xray goggles spotted a changeling. we quickly busted in and zero'd the changeling and burned him but jesus christ this is like geneticist 2.0 except his job allows him to find the valids
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin

Post by NecromancerAnne » #539688

Ze healing leaves little time for ze hurting, but push comes to shove, then I shall shove. A saw. In their throat.

Also, paramedics don't come with xray goggles. They also only get crappy proximity pin pointers at round start. Not sure where that paramedic got his gear but he likely asked the genelads for help.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #539745

NecromancerAnne wrote:Ze healing leaves little time for ze hurting, but push comes to shove, then I shall shove. A saw. In their throat.

Also, paramedics don't come with xray goggles. They also only get crappy proximity pin pointers at round start. Not sure where that paramedic got his gear but he likely asked the genelads for help.
they get it (with medhuds too neat) after techwebs gets bypassed every round lol
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin

Post by NecromancerAnne » #539921

There aren't xray goggles in the lathes. There are xray EYES but those require surgery and combat implants, which is pretty deep in the tech tree.
Copybass
Byond Username: Copybass

Post by Copybass » #539970

Do we get roundstart crew monitor in our belt now or did I buy one, put it in my belt, and then proceed to stroke out the last time I played EMT?

Syringes need to go, I like the idea of having a pen that can be refilled but has to be refilled using a specific machine or dispenser along walls similar to pepperspray. Having also showed up to the same body with 2 other medics multiple times in the past, I'd also kinda like to see a dispatch kind of system on crew monitors both handheld and bolted down - Where we can smack a button to say we're headed towards X or Y's body, and that says how long ago that dispatch was issued in case one of us goes dark we can also go OK well they said they were headed to the library, seems somethin's goin on there. I know this can be done with communication, but in a hectic round where there are bodies everywhere I feel it could organize EMTs a bit better.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #539993

NecromancerAnne wrote:There aren't xray goggles in the lathes. There are xray EYES but those require surgery and combat implants, which is pretty deep in the tech tree.
that makes more sense that he had the xray eyes plus night vision goggles with medhud

it's a super wild combo