Attachable Seclite

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Attachable Seclite

Post by Lumbermancer » #57467

What was the first lesson given to newbie security? First tip? Do not run around with taser or stunbaton out. You gonna get disarmed, you gonna slip, you gonna get robusted with your own gear.

So what's the point of attachable seclite, if to use it to illuminate, you literally need to handicap yourself by having your weapon drawn, leaving only one hand free? Just put it in your pocket like a normal person.

Or, if you want to save space, make it attachable accessory to the uniform, like Like this one could be.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Loonikus
Byond Username: Loonicus

Re: Attachable Seclite

Post by Loonikus » #57470

I'm pretty sure it works even if its not drawn.

I dunno. Its a neat idea, but it needs to offer something the stand-alone seclight doesn't or else theres no reason to ever not have your seclight mounted on your gun. I say it should be a focused directional light instead of a duller, 360° one like the stand-alone seclight.
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #57474

I'm pretty sure it works even if its not drawn.

It doesn't I checked.

---

Nevermind. I checked again to be sure, and it does. I guess this renders half my complaint moot.

I still don't like it.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Lo6a4evskiy
Byond Username: Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #57533

Don't attach it

Finally seclight won't be a useless burden sitting in my belt and taking up precious space.
Spacemanspark
Byond Username: Spacemanspark

Post by Spacemanspark » #57572

I've personally put this to good use.
If you don't really like it, you don't have to attach it.
:^)
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #57580

There should probably be some text in the description to make it more obvious how to remove the light.

Turns out you do it with a screwdriver.
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #57678

Yeah, sorry I didn't make that clearer, but I never really figured people would want to remove them.

You can keep it on your suit slot to free up a pocket slot for something other than a flashlight (I usually put pepperspray or a flash there incase the borgs get their valids on)
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #59353

I was correct after all. The light is bugged when attached. It sometimes illuminated when carried in armor slot, sometimes not. I cannot reproduce the bug, so I won't report it to github.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #59354

Lumbermancer wrote:I was correct after all. The light is bugged when attached. It sometimes illuminated when carried in armor slot, sometimes not. I cannot reproduce the bug, so I won't report it to github.
I think that's something to do with lighting in general. Ran around as a secborg and the flashlight wouldn't work sometimes, so I started dragging a lamp around and it was still having trouble lighting up dark areas.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #59371

It's an old bug with how Carn wrote the mob illumination cap procs
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #60124

Go ahead and report it if the light isn't showing up sometimes. Try to be specific in how you encountered it. Thanks.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.