Non-cult constructs

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Re: Non-cult constructs

Post by DemonFiren » #57603

Are you also aware of Chaplain constructs over on Eff3, Meta and whereever else the Chappy gets a soul stone?
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #57610

The shell itself is simply a body - The soul shard is not a Nar'sie-sanctified object, rather a fragment of another object that cultists happen to have on hand.

I don't think it's an issue. It's always hilarious when the cult thinks that you're with them for just long enough...
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
iyaerP
Byond Username: IyaerP

Post by iyaerP » #57676

How do you even make shells when you aren't cult? I had a soul stone I found as a miner, and cloning had gotten blown up so I used it to shard someone, and wanted to get them back in the round as a construct, but couldn't.
Xerux
Byond Username: Xerux

Post by Xerux » #57697

There are two pulls up currently, one removes the ability for non-cultists/wizards to use stones completely (and makes them dizzy for trying), the other pull makes soulstoning someone as a non-cultist deconvert the soul.
Spoiler:
Nolan Field - Various, Solar - Cyborg, Watcher - AI, Honksey - Clown, Sy Lent - Mime, Aveil Nahara - Inactive, Ayden Fryer - Data Lost | Byond, Github
Pybro
Byond Username: Pybro

Post by Pybro » #57888

Why not just give wizard different sprites for his constructs? He still gets Arty, Jugg, and Wraith, but they're ~magical~ pink instead of obsidian.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #57890

Pybro wrote:Why not just give wizard different sprites for his constructs? He still gets Arty, Jugg, and Wraith, but they're ~magical~ pink instead of obsidian.
That's what I said on IRC. Give cult constructs red sprites, give Wizard constructs purple sprites and give non-cult constructs blue sprites.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #57896

So what do you propose happens to the Chaplain soulstone on Eff3?
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #57904

Replace it with something else, perhaps? Keep it? That's a question for the mapper.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #58109

Making someone a construct doesn't cult them, the bug is that if you SHARD someone who is ALREADY a cultist, as a non cultist, they don't lose their cult status. This is what the 2nd PR fixes.