what the heck is with these runite armor values

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

what the heck is with these runite armor values

Post by Shadowflame909 » #533067

So i'm looking for the difference between the runite armor, upon which the answer was not on any wiki. It just told me that certain toolboxes made with different armor have different force.

So I game dive, spawn in titanium, gold, and Runite.

I feel like armor variation for different types of situations was intended here. But its like, the armor I can see thats supposed to be the laser armor only gets a slight boost in laser and energy. With a huge nerf to everything else

Whilst Runite has a ton more bullet, and fire resistance then Titanium, it has a slightly weaker laser resistance. Which titanium passes it up by, with 3 more points.

Huh?

Needs some re-balancing.

I'd honestly be fine if each of these armors were just only good for one thing. Like one just for melee, and one just for burn and so on and so on.
► Show Spoiler
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Nianjiilical

Re: what the heck is with these runite armor values

Post by nianjiilical » #533310

i mean if we're being accurate runite armor should make you basically melee proof but die instantly to magic and energy
human: ramon chivara
ai: shitpost generator
borg: shite-115
clown: donk tonkler
mime: beautiful noise

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #533409

nianjiilical wrote:i mean if we're being accurate runite armor should make you basically melee proof but die instantly to magic and energy
Runite should have decent melee resistance but be nearly bulletproof if you are going by the source material for the reference.
Taylork2
Byond Username: Taylork2

Post by Taylork2 » #534372

Ahh yes the various knight armors.
My personal opinion is that they all have various levels of bad armor values and are not worth it.
The only one that's situationally good is banannium armor as a replacement to a bomb suit.

I looked into the actual armor values about a month ago and decided that unless you wanted to arm the greytide with meme but okayish armor or if you wanted armor for flavor, none of them were worth the time.

I just completely ignore the ruin now since if I really want to give other crewmembers decent armor I'll just make money for cargo to buy SWAT/security armors.

I'm sure Qustinnus(I think?) was going for something pseudo golem like except without special effects, but the armor falls heavily short of pretty much every golem armor value. I assume he made them weaker than their equivalent to golems due to how you can replace and swap armors out.
However golems can easily swap golem types on the fly by dragging an incomplete golem shell around and a few different types of materials.

Most the armor types are just more of the same, have no special effects, and are inferior to anything moderately serious you can get.
Qustinnus
Byond Username: Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » #537320

runite is a limited resource, that's kind of the point.

besides that, it's dependent on the material datum, material datums are generic and apply their effects/modifiers to anything thats made out of them. The armor is supposed to be something you do as a gimmick and not supposed to be best in slot in most situations. I don't intend to make an almost free armor that can replace everything in the armory, if you want to arm all of the assistants in metal armor, you can though.