[Poll] Belt slot requiring jumpsuit

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.

Should wearing a belt require you to have a jumpsuit/undersuit equipped?

Yes
8%
Yes
8%
Yes
8%
No
24%
No
24%
No
24%
Abstain
1%
Abstain
1%
Abstain
1%

Total votes: 156

paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

[Poll] Belt slot requiring jumpsuit

Post by paprika » #58758

Epic forum poll time guys!

Should wearing a belt require you to have a jumpsuit on? Currently that is the case.

This does make sense as jumpsuits have the belt loops, but many jumpsuits have wastebands/belts on them by default anyway. Also, athletic shorts.

Discuss.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Snakebutt

Re: [Poll] Belt slot requiring jumpsuit

Post by Snakebutt » #58762

Yes, because what the fuck are you doing wearing a belt and nothing else.
Spoiler:
Unless we can combine belts to make a bondage suit a la Fallout
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #58769

I find it kind of annoying that taking off your jumpsuit dumps your belt as well honestly, it's very frustrating.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Raven776
Byond Username: Raven776

Post by Raven776 » #58777

You can wear a belt without a pair of pants. If you're not too sure on this, you haven't tried.

There is no balance reason one way or the other, but I can see it being difficult to remove (possibly?) due to the fact that belt slots can hold numerous other items that wouldn't make sense to just clip between your ass cheeks.

Coding wise, how difficult would it be to make belts specially able to fit on belt slots and pickaxes not?
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #58786

Raven776 wrote:You can wear a belt without a pair of pants. If you're not too sure on this, you haven't tried.

There is no balance reason one way or the other, but I can see it being difficult to remove (possibly?) due to the fact that belt slots can hold numerous other items that wouldn't make sense to just clip between your ass cheeks.

Coding wise, how difficult would it be to make belts specially able to fit on belt slots and pickaxes not?
Pickaxes fit on belt slots intentionally.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #58787

i can make certain items check for jumpsuits to attach to and other things like belts not require a jumpsuit
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #58894

Look at that clearly useless poll we have!

Anyway, I think you should be able to wear a belt without wearing a jumpsuit. It would make changing clothes less annoying.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #58907

This is another change that doesn't provide the one thing that's always asked for: Why? What does this fix? How does this improve gameplay? How is this more fun than the status quo? If there is no reason to prefer this over the status quo then there's nothing to discuss.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #58909

cedarbridge wrote:This is another change that doesn't provide the one thing that's always asked for: Why? What does this fix? How does this improve gameplay? How is this more fun than the status quo? If there is no reason to prefer this over the status quo then there's nothing to discuss.
The benefit is that you don't drop your belt when you remove your jumpsuit and can wear a belt without a jumpsuit.
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #58910

This is literally purely because I'm adding fannypacks
this is purely so that you can wear them naked

; )
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #58916

Steelpoint wrote:
cedarbridge wrote:This is another change that doesn't provide the one thing that's always asked for: Why? What does this fix? How does this improve gameplay? How is this more fun than the status quo? If there is no reason to prefer this over the status quo then there's nothing to discuss.
The benefit is that you don't drop your belt when you remove your jumpsuit and can wear a belt without a jumpsuit.
That would appear to be the benefit of belts NOT requiring jumpsuits. The affirmative of the poll was for having belts tied to jumpsuits.
ExplosiveCrate
Byond Username: ExplosiveCrate

Post by ExplosiveCrate » #58940

As long as you can't just strap a gun to your dick, I say that you should be able to use belts while naked.
i dont even know what the context for my signature was
dezzmont
Byond Username: Dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #59053

Belts generally serve as a secondary specialized backpack, which means that making them more secure as a storage medium makes a ton of sense. Removing a jumpsuit already is a very powerful strip choice if you are a dick slipping people, making it slightly weaker would be nice.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #59075

Delicious wrote:What about the fact the ID slot requires a jumpsuit but if you aren't wearing a shirt your ID/PDA still gets glued to your nip?
ID slot on jumpsuit is basically supposed to be a jumpsuit's chest pocket that you clip your ID to, but it's basically broken as hell with a lot of things yes
Perakp
Byond Username: Perakp

Post by Perakp » #59110

Can you actually put batons and pickaxes and similar stuff on your belt slot if you don't have a jump-/exosuit? I was thinking that wearing a belt without a jumpsuit made sense, but some random item just hanging from your hip doesn't.

Preferably you wouldn't even see the slots that are unavailable to you, like pockets, id slot, exosuit container.
Snakebutt

Post by Snakebutt » #59171

Violaceus wrote:
Steelpoint wrote:
Make it so you can hold items in pocket slots while naked, this would be a benefit because you don't drop your pockets conetents when you remove your jumpsuit and can have items in pockets without a jumpsuit.
You can put a belt on a naked person. I can link you to entire galleries of proof. Unless 'pocket' means rectum, there's no way you're storing stuff without shoving it.

The question still remains of WHY though. Do we really want hobosassistants wearing nothing but yellow gloves and a toolbelt breaking into your department and yakety saxing all over the place? Because that's the most immediate effect of this change I see.
dezzmont
Byond Username: Dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #59178

I would think it is a strip nerf.
Whoisthere
Byond Username: Whoisthere

Post by Whoisthere » #59324

Snakebutt wrote:Do we really want hobosassistants wearing nothing but yellow gloves and a toolbelt breaking into your department and yakety saxing all over the place?
Do you not?

I will finally be able to play a bald moustached nude cable guy engineer
Sad elegy
Highly suitable for use in funerals
Lo6a4evskiy
Byond Username: Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #59342

Naked cooks with trays full of food on their belts

Fund it
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #59346

Lo6a4evskiy wrote:Naked cooks with trays full of food on their belts
Backpack slot maybe.
Spoiler:
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #60257

Is that a real thing or cgi?
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #60263

I actually like the idea of being able to wear belts without requiring jumpsuits. After all, utility belts are overbelts usually, aren't they? That's how they are on sprites, too - they're even worn over labcoats.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
Pennwick

Post by Pennwick » #60432

Wasn't all the armor moved from sec jumpsuits to the body armor? I suppose naked/spartan sec could be a thing. Stun batons flapping in the space wind.
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #60439

Butt ass naked engineer wearing nothing but a tool belt and gloves.
Make it happen.
I play Boris Pepper.
Snakebutt

Post by Snakebutt » #60442

Bluespace wrote:Butt ass naked assistant wearing nothing but a tool belt and gloves screaming 'RAPE' or memes.
FTFY