anomaly slimes need a nerf

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
OFQ
Byond Username: OFQ

Re: anomaly slimes need a nerf

Post by OFQ » #541263

Bottom post of the previous page:

Waaait a second. It doesn't look like SM spawns slimes at all. Only anomalies. So I guess the red slimes around SM I remember was usual pyroclastic ones? Not a problem anyway. I'll make it spawn random slimes. Probably only T1, or maybe with more SM power you should get better slimes. And if they won't be sentient then there is no problem with smashing APC and stuff. But then sentient slimes are kinda cool... Hmm Actually given that they will be farmed making them sentient kinda sucks. Also creating special case for slimes like "all the mobs can attack APC but not slimes" only because there are events that spawn sentient slimes sucks even more. Hmmm hmmm. At the same time if SM spawns a sentient slime and it escapes and starts to trash station it is pretty much engies fault since you just need to weld vents and scrubbers. And given that engies are farming them for cores - it provides a pretty good RP reason for slime to be grumpy as hell. And it's not like we force ghost to play a farm slime. Yes to the murdering sentient slimes and putting them into the grinder while they are making sad faces!
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #541294

Careful how ya go about this. Take into account how good xenobio stuff is, be careful not to cheapen it.
I would also caution you against not removing either sentience or obj damage, as if engi does not farm the slimes we will be in the same position as we are now.
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
OFQ

Post by OFQ » #541302

Ehhh ok. I'll remove sentience, it's less cheesy option. Besides, if an engineer gets real bad RNG and like 3 sentient slimes spawn I pretty sure they'll robust him/her, especially with all the anomalies going around. And yeah if I don't remove sentience the lill shitters will find a pipe or a glass to smash and SM will delem. So to be secure engie has to flood engine room with something like super cool n2 or a ton of BZ but at this point all the slimes will be immobilized which is pretty dull game play for ghosts.

Also removing slimes ability to attack machines is a nerf to sentience potion since without gold cores xenobio memers have access only to slimes. And depleting the pool of ghosts with sentient SM slimes also can be considered a nerf to robo and xenobio.
OFQ

Post by OFQ » #541354

Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #541394

I feel slime object damage was a mistake due to their vent-crawling and straight-up immunity to 90% of the station's ranged weaponry at roundstart which makes fighting intelligent ones a huge pain in the ass, especially if they're actually smart enough to destroy watertanks

I definitely feel slimes as a whole need a look at balance wise, since slimes are able to, potentially, kill someone permenantly via cloneloss which can't be treated when you're dead and can only be fixed with the monkey technique.
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #541427

Anonmare wrote:I feel slime object damage was a mistake due to their vent-crawling and straight-up immunity to 90% of the station's ranged weaponry at roundstart which makes fighting intelligent ones a huge pain in the ass, especially if they're actually smart enough to destroy watertanks

I definitely feel slimes as a whole need a look at balance wise, since slimes are able to, potentially, kill someone permenantly via cloneloss which can't be treated when you're dead and can only be fixed with the monkey technique.
what if crew stops being clueless and freezes distro and waste loops so all slimes fucking freeze to death?
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
OFQ

Post by OFQ » #541429

Welp. Given how the PR bombed I guess people like the gamer slime how it is. So I have to continue my crusade on low RP servers :roll:

And probably get perma while the slime still stays as it is :lol:
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #541482

people can remain irrational for far longer than you can remain unbanned
OFQ

Post by OFQ » #541581