Doctor is a Less Shit Job Now: The State of Medbay

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
CDranzer
Byond Username: CDranzer

Doctor is a Less Shit Job Now: The State of Medbay

Post by CDranzer » #541423

So I took a break six months ago just before cobbychem hit and I came back like a week ago just after cloning got yeeted, and since then I've spent an entire Three Days playing medbay roles on Manuel.
Naturally, this makes me far more qualified to start a discussion about the general state of Medbay than anybody else.

1) The Good: Bye Bye Cloning, Hello Surgery
Before I left I held the belief that cloning needed to die and after actually playing for a while I can confirm that this was 100% the correct decision to make. Doctor is now a job being perfomed by Doctors instead of assistants moonlighting as geneticists. Surgery is a bit of an involved job, but the you-don't-stab-your-patient-with-the-wrong-tool QoL change permits a certain level of educated guessing (incision retraction clamp incision Do The Thing cauterize). I'm genuinely surprised by how little use Cryo gets, at least on Manuel. Perhaps it was mainly just seen as a way of dealing with cloning's cellular damage? I guess it sometimes works as a fire-and-forget for injured patients in times of heavy influx, but still.

Roles mixups: I'm glad genetics finally got kicked out to Science because that's where they always should have been, and I wholeheartedly encourage the inevitable expulsion of Chemistry in due time as well. I haven't had a chance to play around in the chem lab yet (mainly because as far as I can tell Delta doesn't have one and I've yet to roll Chem on Meta), but I think that giving doctors Pharmacy Access was probably the best solution that could have happened. Paramedic is an interesting job, and it amuses me just how much you can do given a little extra access and a crew monitor. I'd perhaps like to see them get some basic healing tools so that they can patch up minor damage in the field, but even without that the role is a fun time when it's not extremely quiet, but again, Manuel, so this may not be a problem on more heavily populated or chaotic servers.

2) The Bad: Stasis Beds and Organ Decay
Stasis beds are always the primary choice for surgery, to the point where I consistently see the CMO deconstruct the surgery computers and rebuild them next to the stasis beds at round-start. Being able to keep your patients from dying just by placing them on a surface is kind of the obvious choice, but when surgery is only ever used for more trivial surgeries like giving security team x-ray vision, I'm starting to think we may have a bigger problem. I think the most practical way of solving this may be to simply turn stasis beds into pods, if only so doctors are forced into using alternative preservation methods like epinephrine and formaldehyde. I hate to waste the neat Stasis Bed sprites, but I think the sleeper pods may actually be a perfect candidate for this. (Side note: Dragging people onto stasis and surgery beds seems harder than it should be, I feel like half the time I have to throw people.)

Speaking of formaldehyde, there's another issue I see cropping up: Organ Decay. When a rotting corpse gets dragged into medbay and all their organs have long since shit themselves, you've got problems. You either print out six replacement organs and go through Seven Surgeries (chest organs, eyes, ears, appendix, brain surgery, tend wounds, revival) or you lop off their head, staple it to a monkey's body, and then still have to mostly do the same surgeries because replacing the chest organs is more or less the easy part. I've had more than one patient go soulless on me half-way through trying to repair their broken mess of a body, because it takes so damn long. I'd really like some solution for getting all of a rotting body's organ's just barely above the threshold where the patient won't immediately drop dead on revival. Not much, just enough so that they'll heal up themselves provided they aren't subjected to extreme stresses.

3) The Ugly: Toxins and Chemistry, or Jesus Christ Cobby What The Fuck Are You Doing
I am willing to accept that old chemistry was Too Easy. Tricord was trivial. Charcoal was trivial. But the replacements for the low-end chems are flaming hot garbage. I like sutures and meshes. They're nice. Libital and Aiuri are acceptable for minor damage, with surgery being the go-to for more heavy damage. Synthflesh having a unique use as dehusking, okay, sure. But toxin damage. Jesus Fuckmothering Christ, toxin damage.

Allow me to offer my carefully refined method for using Cobby's anti-toxin chemicals to deal with green damage:

1) Obtain 25 units of Multiver, 25 units of 1:4 water-diluted Syriniver, a Syringe, and an IV-Drip bag
2) Very carefully dump that shit in the garbage
3) Brew up a batch of Pentetic Acid and never think about that shit ever again

Pentetic is obviously going to be nerfed into the ground the moment somebody realizes that nobody wants to deal with anti-poisons that are worse than actual poisons (wasn't there some """medicine""" that nuked your entire blood supply and made you bleed to death in seconds?), but it still needs a serviceable replacement.The idea of converting toxin damage into other damage types is a good idea in and of itself, and maybe you could even make a game out of that if the chems themselves weren't miserable to mix (Ash and you have to heat it? Are you fucking serious?), but there needs to be some better options than this.

I still think a lot of the solutions to this are in more elaborate medical systems involving traumas, but even just using organ damage, I feel like we've got some good options. I wouldn't mind if the Liver became a sort of central point for medicines, and every "bloodstream" chem just cost you liver health, but that may get too dull. Regardless, I think now that cloning is out, the entire pharmaceutical line may need another hard redesign. Some better separation between chemical absorption methods would be nice (stomach and skin as intermittent containers that seep drugs into your bloodstream at varying rates doing various kinds of damage), but I don't know how miserable that coding black-hole would be to deal with.

All in all things are good but we still got problems. Post ideas. Somebody with knowledge of the codebase talk about how hard it is to change some of these things.

Edit: Oh and Virology is still just a misplaced science/antag role that doesn't actually have the tools to deal with viruses
skoglol
Byond Username: Skoglol
Github Username: kriskog

Re: Doctor is a Less Shit Job Now: The State of Medbay

Post by skoglol » #541435

I dont get how people struggle with toxin, I just stab people twice with a syriniver syringe and they magically heal everything real quick.

Virology right now can mostly invalidate medbay by doing airborne regen coma, leaving only the dead cases coming in while the rest heal naturally. Its kinda shitty.

As for stasis, I got some plans but havent gotten around to it yet. I want a rework of the stasis beds and surgery tables to stop them stepping on each others toes, and also unclunk the surgery computer. Soon™
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #541472

op is not correct
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #541473

oranges wrote:op is not correct
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #541483

skoglol wrote:Virology right now can mostly invalidate medbay by doing airborne regen coma, leaving only the dead cases coming in while the rest heal naturally. Its kinda shitty.
I actually don't mind this at all. Healing basic injuries on living people is really boring since you basically just start a tend wound surgery then alt tab until it's done. Dead people require a lot more involvement and are more fun to handle (though it could be sped up a bit since the problem of people just disconnecting during very long revival procedures is annoying).
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
skoglol
Byond Username: Skoglol
Github Username: kriskog

Post by skoglol » #541489

Living people healing prevents them dying, leading to less dead people. Only having to deal with blood loss and toxin damage is boring.

Would you rather alt tab out of the game while you wait for a corpse?
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #541490

still pretty unhappy with cobbychems in general. everything else has been a breath of fresh air
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #541494

PKPenguin321 wrote:
skoglol wrote:Virology right now can mostly invalidate medbay by doing airborne regen coma, leaving only the dead cases coming in while the rest heal naturally. Its kinda shitty.
I actually don't mind this at all. Healing basic injuries on living people is really boring since you basically just start a tend wound surgery then alt tab until it's done. Dead people require a lot more involvement and are more fun to handle (though it could be sped up a bit since the problem of people just disconnecting during very long revival procedures is annoying).
like skog said I'm not sure I follow this logic

if dead people are more interesting than wounded people, a healing virus makes it less likely for there to be either of those things, which is boring
Limey wrote:its too late.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #541529

the next logical step is to make wounded people have more conditions, so it's not just tend wounds
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #541551

skoglol wrote:Living people healing prevents them dying, leading to less dead people. Only having to deal with blood loss and toxin damage is boring.

Would you rather alt tab out of the game while you wait for a corpse?
When there's no dead people I usually bide my time creating and dissecting monkeymen, so I don't need to alt tab between corpses. On the other hand, healing an injured person requires I sit there and do nothing else.
Also, people healing passively does NOT mean there are no dead people. People will still murder each other.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Kryson
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Kryson

Post by Kryson » #541555

As for organs, the trick is to just replace the chest organs and feed them oculine + inacusate to revive eyes and ears. Or swap heads with a prepared corpse.

Toxin damage can easily be treated with syriniver, a 40% syriniver solution in an IV-drip heals 5 toxin damage(!) per cycle but requires careful monitoring and pausing. I usually go with 30% syriniver mixed with epi and whatever. I don't like pent acid because i can't mix it with atropine.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #541566

oranges wrote:the next logical step is to make wounded people have more conditions, so it's not just tend wounds
Can I dig up my critical damage suggestions from, who knows how long ago?
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #541568

no I only want coders
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #541575

oranges wrote:no I only want coders
You can't stop me from making a PR orange man
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #541616

When i made brain traumas i always thought the system would be very portable onto other organs, especially now that we have organ damage to trigger it (at the time the only organ-specific damage was brain damage and eye/ear damage).
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #541622

Why.

I feel doctors actually have something to do now. I can make medicines in the pharmacy, dissect bodies for research points and difficult procedures involving multiple surgeries and other steps now actually exist because you can't just chuck someone in the cloner and have them be 100% healthy 3 minutes later.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #541623

CPTANT wrote:
Why.

I feel doctors actually have something to do now. I can make medicines in the pharmacy, dissect bodies for research points and difficult procedures involving multiple surgeries and other steps now actually exist because you can't just chuck someone in the cloner and have them be 100% healthy 3 minutes later.
You always had an option to do all of this, you had a choice between cloning and defibbing, now that choice is gone. If you could not enjoy MD before cloning removal, it was entirely your problem.
skoglol wrote:I dont get how people struggle with toxin, I just stab people twice with a syriniver syringe and they magically heal everything real quick.
weird how stabbing 1 extra time kills their liver haha yes we like syringe gun syriniver
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #541625

Flatulent wrote:
CPTANT wrote:
Why.

You always had an option to do all of this, you had a choice between cloning and defibbing, now that choice is gone. If you could not enjoy MD before cloning removal, it was entirely your problem.
skoglol wrote:I dont get how people struggle with toxin, I just stab people twice with a syriniver syringe and they magically heal everything real quick.
weird how stabbing 1 extra time kills their liver haha yes we like syringe gun syriniver
just get a pentetic medipen duhhh
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Flatulent » #541626

Tlaltecuhtli wrote:just get a pentetic medipen duhhh
its just gonna get nerfed tbh smh, and overzealous chem nerf machine will also nerf its purging speed
at least secret gamer trick will remain
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #541628

Cryo is pretty okay for patients dying from wounds but otherwise treatable with regen. Or treatable with iron in the case of heavy blood loss. It isn't used that often mostly because most important healing is done via surgery and you can't do most surgeries while someone is in the pod. That is, healing organs and the like, which can't be readily fixed by chems and present lingering issues.
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Flatulent » #541639

NecromancerAnne wrote:Cryo is pretty okay for patients dying from wounds but otherwise treatable with regen. Or treatable with iron in the case of heavy blood loss. It isn't used that often mostly because most important healing is done via surgery and you can't do most surgeries while someone is in the pod. That is, healing organs and the like, which can't be readily fixed by chems and present lingering issues.
It presents a much required streamlined healing tool and it's important when bodies pile on. It also protests the patient from collateral damage, and it's very convenient when medbay gets attacked.

Making all healing require constant presence from doctors is a bad thing, and I very very very don't like this new tendency of streamlined healing being gutted.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #541760

Armhulen wrote:still pretty unhappy with cobbychems in general. everything else has been a breath of fresh air
the downsides are surprisingly uneventful unless you're already organ hecked. Not sure what part unless it's another "i hate the names" bikeshed.

I would still like to mve all chems to the C2 system, no point in even bothering with any of them when you can just make ones that don't have any downside (surprise surprise not hard to do!)
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #541813

i hate cobby chems cuz they take too many steps to make so instead i just make chlorine trifluoride and label it "burn patch" and stock the fridge
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #541881

The biggest offender is granibitaluri in my eyes. It's a chem that needs sterilzine and water, in addition to heating to make.
The thing is, sterilizine needs multiver, which also requires heating to make, which needs ash which ALSO needs heating to make.

And it only heals damage under 50 points, and gets progressively more weaker in healing the closer it is to 50.
So to recap, this is a chem that's super tedious to make and only heals between 0.5-0.1 brute/burn per tick. A total waste of time.

Bear in mind, this is supposed to be a dilutant and something you can produce a lot of to mix with the C2 to get around having the slight amounts of damage that the usual treatments aren't worth doing.
Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #541894

there are already a bunch of chems that would work fine as "dilutants" and for scrachs healing: sal gluc and minersalve that can be made easily in chem but if you maybe want something to make to deal with light damage as doc without having to do chem maybe change the recipe to epipen + charcoal (both highly common in medbay) just like tricord was, i think this recipe was intended like this : sterilizine isnt rare but still takes way more effort for the 0.1 heal
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #541988

Anonmare wrote:The biggest offender is granibitaluri in my eyes. It's a chem that needs sterilzine and water, in addition to heating to make.
The thing is, sterilizine needs multiver, which also requires heating to make, which needs ash which ALSO needs heating to make.

And it only heals damage under 50 points, and gets progressively more weaker in healing the closer it is to 50.
So to recap, this is a chem that's super tedious to make and only heals between 0.5-0.1 brute/burn per tick. A total waste of time.

Bear in mind, this is supposed to be a dilutant and something you can produce a lot of to mix with the C2 to get around having the slight amounts of damage that the usual treatments aren't worth doing.
Especially because saline glucose is way and easier to make and fills the same role.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #541996

That and Sal-Glu doesn't have this reduced effectiveness scaling with damage and has the added benefit of acting as pseudo-blood which helps with severe bleeds.
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #542076

Anonmare wrote:That and Sal-Glu doesn't have this reduced effectiveness scaling with damage and has the added benefit of acting as pseudo-blood which helps with severe bleeds.
It also has the advantage of being the real life diluent that doctors use, so it is somewhat intuitive to use as such for anyone with a minor amount of medical knowledge.

The overdose should probably be raised to something like 100 units or so, or actually implement high blood pressure as a feature like it is on goon to prevent people from using it as free passive healing.
CDranzer

Post by CDranzer » #542196

Super Aggro Crag wrote:i hate cobby chems cuz they take too many steps to make so instead i just make chlorine trifluoride and label it "burn patch" and stock the fridge
See there's your problem, a 40u trifluoride patch will only do like 60 burn damage, and it'll do it really fast, so they'll immediately be able to tell that something's wrong and get help. A 40u multiver patch on the other hand will slowly nuke a person's lungs until they suffocate to death, and not only that, they won't even start showing symptoms until they've left medbay, so there's a far increased chance of them dying somewhere and not being collected.

One of these days I've got to try a Multiver or Syriniver Smoke Grenade, just to see how quickly I can make a crowd of people drop dead.
Kryson
Code Maintainer

Post by Kryson » #542199

Anonmare wrote:which needs ash which ALSO needs heating to make.
Heating oil is not a sensible way of making ash, burning paper is way faster, easier and doesn't consume any energy. One paper bin yields 900u ash.

That being said, there is no point to granubitaluri.

The chems i think are worth diluting are typically syriniver and formaldehyde(if you want to use the syringe rather than a dropper).

Saline, higadrite and epi are typically way better diluents.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #542241

these names
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #543473

also living is a more shit job now
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

deedubya
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Deedubya

Post by deedubya » #547504

Armhulen wrote:still pretty unhappy with cobbychems in general. everything else has been a breath of fresh air
entire point of cobbchems was to ween people off the reliance on chems for risk free healing

being able to slap yourself with a patch of syptic, silver sulf or synthflesh was wack and needed to go, now chems have drawbacks and require knowledge to apply(knowledge usually held by a doctor) or just get your wounds treated by a doctor risk free(obviously the intent is to shift people to this)

or just use the white kits laying around all over the place because those are still pretty abundant and are debatably better than they used to be for self-application
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head
wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums
IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!
TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.
Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway
annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #547538

deedubya wrote:
entire point of cobbchems was to ween people off the reliance on chems for risk free healing

being able to slap yourself with a patch of syptic, silver sulf or synthflesh was wack and needed to go, now chems have drawbacks and require knowledge to apply(knowledge usually held by a doctor) or just get your wounds treated by a doctor risk free(obviously the intent is to shift people to this)

or just use the white kits laying around all over the place because those are still pretty abundant and are debatably better than they used to be for self-application
it's a reasonable explanation that makes me feel a lot better about it, just in game it can be frustrating when it doesn't work out as such. maybe it's the doctors that are getting more in tune with the meta right now that frustrates me most
Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #547571

if you research tend wounds and make a bunch of medibots there is no reason to use chems other than specific shit like organ healers and anti rads
deedubya
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Deedubya

Post by deedubya » #547578

Tlaltecuhtli wrote:if you research tend wounds and make a bunch of medibots there is no reason to use chems other than specific shit like organ healers and anti rads
In all honesty this is the direction I feel chems should be heading towards, things that heal specific non-generic damage types plus toxins. Or things that provide benefits, drawbacks, utility, and straight up poison.

I know we're in a scientific marvel of a space station in the future, but when was the last time you just slapped a chemical-infused patch on your body to accelerate your wound healing IRL? Comparitively, when was the last time you took medication to help treat illness, purge toxins, or strengthen yourself?
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head
wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums
IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!
TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.
Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway
annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #547591

Chemistry is never staffed now and the fridge is usually empty
Kryson
Code Maintainer

Post by Kryson » #547695

Super Aggro Crag wrote:Chemistry is never staffed now and the fridge is usually empty
C'*ders removed the expectation of chemists providing medicine by giving doctors chem access. Big mistake!
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #547785

Super Aggro Crag wrote:Chemistry is never staffed now and the fridge is usually empty
Like this wasn't already the case a large number of rounds.

Doctors being able to make their own medicine is a godsend.
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #547790

I'd fill up the fridge if I didn't have to handload every patch one at a time cause chem bags aren't in the pharmacy where they'd actually be used
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #547794

Anonmare wrote:I'd fill up the fridge if I didn't have to handload every patch one at a time cause chem bags aren't in the pharmacy where they'd actually be used
I still do it, but I agree it's an unnecessary PITA. Honestly all pills and patches should just stack up to 5 pieces or something.
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #547804

CPTANT wrote:
Anonmare wrote:I'd fill up the fridge if I didn't have to handload every patch one at a time cause chem bags aren't in the pharmacy where they'd actually be used
I still do it, but I agree it's an unnecessary PITA. Honestly all pills and patches should just stack up to 5 pieces or something.
Stacking is a bit iffy code-wise when each item is potentially different from each other. Bag mechanics are the best way i can think of to get around this.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #548078

Why are you complaining about ash in a chem recipe when you literally have to burn some paper and scoop up the ashes? I have no comment on the remainder of your points but ???.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #548314

BeeSting12 wrote:Why are you complaining about ash in a chem recipe when you literally have to burn some paper and scoop up the ashes? I have no comment on the remainder of your points but ???.
I don't like ash. It's all coarse, and rough, and irritating. And it gets everywhere.
CDranzer

Post by CDranzer » #548502

I will concede that multiver only requires one cook because you can just cook oil and salt and you end up turning the oil to ash and heating the ash/salt mix in one go
It's still the single worst chem in the cobbychem arsenal
Say what you want about overpowered goofchem, if your content is so shit that nobody's willingly using it, it's probably not as brilliantly designed as you think it is
Still, that's how it's bound to work until chem gets an overhaul that's actually worth something, and chem's not going to get any better until there's a better framework for medicine than "Delete The Four Bad Numbers"
Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #548562

multiver has its own way to be used, you arent supposed to chug it in your mouth when you get poisoned like any other goof/trek chem
multiver does like 2.5 heal tox and purges not medicine subtype reagents when there are 5 or more medicine reagents in the system and does some lung damage if you chug it like a retard
hmmmmm how should i use it then???? where do i find 5 more medicines????? you are now asking yourself this but i already know the solution,
multiver is used on 3 other med derivates oculine, inacusate and antihol which are multiver + 2 other simple chems, now you got 4 chems out of 5
hmmmm multiver use salt??? what else uses salt??? yes saline glucose uses salt so you scoop ash and make more than needed salt, convert extra into saline glucose by just clicking water and sugar then you click ethanol copper water hydrogen carbon x2 and you can just register this on chem macro, scoop ash click macro and you get more baby-safe tox healer than syringiver which also cures organ shit so you now can just spam these pills to heal half the problems the other half is rads (the 3 click chem you use as shampoo in cold shower to remove 45 + 20% rads /tick) brain heal and some out of crit stabilizers (oxal and salacid) poof
CDranzer

Post by CDranzer » #548573

Or I could just make some pentetic and let the surgeons deal with brute and burn
yeah I think I'll do that instead
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #548650

My eyes glazed over trying to read that.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #549273

girls be like 5 meds are hard but insulin/spaceacillin/epinephrine are 3 and multiver roundstart syringes start with multiver (which counts) and granib which is 2...

I just opt to make the holy trinity of Sacid/Oxan/Pen though because they're piss easy and have literally no cost on the patient (or the chem machine if you just factory them, which can be done easily for Sacid/Oxan considering they overlap in recipe quite a bit). Absolutely dumb lol.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #549401

I prefer a straight healer and only use combo healers when there's supplemental damage. Using medicine that's not required screams at me for being wasteful.