Suit sensor nanites

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Mickyan
Github User
Byond Username: Mickyan
Github Username: Mickyan

Suit sensor nanites

Post by Mickyan » #544020

Are very frustrating to deal with for medical personnel, you'd assume they'd be a godsend but more often than not I find they cause more problems than they solve

Here's an example, the bloated list makes reading the sensor list way harder than it should be:
Screenshot_7.png
I'm still not quite what's happening here. Some of these entries seem repeated and some of them don't even show the location which I thought was supposed to happen with nanites. At first I thought this list was getting bloated because of science experimenting nanites on monkey-men but it seems to go deeper than that.

It's also hard to debug what's happening because of the next problem: you can't track them using pinpointers. I'm not sure it's a bug but very annoying to see someone on sensors, you take out your pinpointer and they're not on the list, so you go to the location that displays an unknown() and you still have no idea who it is that you're looking for
ImageI play on Manuel as Swanni, the brain-damaged moth.
Be nice to each other.
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Re: Suit sensor nanites

Post by XDTM » #544038

I'll look into it
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #544039

those arent real people its a bug where the entries get repeaded a lot,it happens when you keep it open for a while, it can be fixed by closing and reopening the cmc
Mickyan
Github User
Byond Username: Mickyan
Github Username: Mickyan

Post by Mickyan » #544048

XDTM wrote:I'll look into it
Thanks man, sorry I don't have a lot of details to share but I don't know much about how nanites work
ImageI play on Manuel as Swanni, the brain-damaged moth.
Be nice to each other.