Sleeping Carp: What works? What doesn't?

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Sleeping Carp: What works? What doesn't?

Post by NecromancerAnne » #544632

Basically, why are you choosing to take sleeping carp over other options? What do you value from it as an option from the uplink and as a tool? What utility do you like that makes it worthwhile?

What are the parts that don't work so well for you? Why would you choose something else over sleeping carp? What is it lacking?

Additionally, if sleeping carp was to lose it's stuns, what would you want from it in its place? Or do you believe even radical alterations could not possible salvage the martial art, and that it would be better for it to be removed?

Don't consider Gloves of the North Star in this answer if you would. I already know about how powerful it is, and that's not what I'm interested in finding feedback on. If you believe sleeping carp is only useful when combined with GotNS then just state that, but try to explain why it fails to work outside of that combo.
Jimmius
Byond Username: Jimmius

Re: Sleeping Carp: What works? What doesn't?

Post by Jimmius » #544634

i choose it because it means i can kill people by grabbing and punching them
SkeletalElite
Byond Username: SkeletalElite
Github Username: SkeletalElite

Post by SkeletalElite » #544665

As it is right now I take sleeping carp for 4 things in this order

1) Ranged weapon immunity
2) Heavy Damage Armor Pen punches
3) Instant stun with grab intent
4) harm disarm harm disarm harm

The other things are of little use compared to these 4, and number 3 needs to go. Just replacing it with stamina damage would work since stamina damage reduces the chances of resisting out.
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #544684

its murderbone tool that feels cooler than using revovler if you arent doing a specific gimmick other items are complete garbage in terms of murder to revolver or cqc without using enviromental death
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #544780

the projectile immunity gives me peace of mind like being under a weighted blanket
TheMythicGhost
Byond Username: TheMythicGhost

Post by TheMythicGhost » #544830

NecromancerAnne wrote:Basically, why are you choosing to take sleeping carp over other options? What do you value from it as an option from the uplink and as a tool? What utility do you like that makes it worthwhile?

What are the parts that don't work so well for you? Why would you choose something else over sleeping carp? What is it lacking?

Additionally, if sleeping carp was to lose it's stuns, what would you want from it in its place? Or do you believe even radical alterations could not possible salvage the martial art, and that it would be better for it to be removed?

Don't consider Gloves of the North Star in this answer if you would. I already know about how powerful it is, and that's not what I'm interested in finding feedback on. If you believe sleeping carp is only useful when combined with GotNS then just state that, but try to explain why it fails to work outside of that combo.
As a person that has worked around the code on it, the reflection on it actually is broken and if you shot a carp user and they reflected a shot to a reflector for instance, that reflector would not be able to reflect the shot since carp's reflection modifies the shot to a fake shot.
Hi, I play Respii Varenos on Bagil.
everyone when referring to respii wrote:she
deedubya wrote:Posts you don't like aren't illegitimate. Points you don't agree with aren't disproven just because you post a disagreement. Points of view that can negatively affect you(a greyshirt main) aren't automatically negative as a whole.

The sooner you learn things like this, the sooner you can actually participate in fair and open discourse, instead of just screeching like a child when someone wants to take away the toys you use that have been abused constantly.