A map vote

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Re: A map vote

Post by wesoda25 » #557382

Bottom post of the previous page:

like i mean it gets played more than other maps
Istoprocent1 wrote:I am not saying the others should not be played, I am saying that doing it in this fashion is not the way to go in the long run. The most popular map should get the most play time, this is kinda a no brainer.
so we're good
[this space reserved]
Istoprocent1
Byond Username: istoprocent

Post by Istoprocent1 » #557484

wesoda25 wrote:like i mean it gets played more than other maps
Istoprocent1 wrote:I am not saying the others should not be played, I am saying that doing it in this fashion is not the way to go in the long run. The most popular map should get the most play time, this is kinda a no brainer.
so we're good
How is it getting played more if the system lets one map to be played 2 times every 5 rounds? Are you mentally challenged or just trying to justify this retarded system by acting mentally challenged yourself?

Meta is played 40% of the time, because it cannot be played more even though more than half of the community would like to play it more. Next map in order is Delta, which gets played 40% of the time, because people have to settle for another map that is not meta and after that comes the mix of the others.

At the moment you are just sucking on orange's tit and trying to justify his bad system.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #557493

Istoprocent1 wrote: How is it getting played more if the system lets one map to be played 2 times every 5 rounds? Are you mentally challenged or just trying to justify this retarded system by acting mentally challenged yourself?

Meta is played 40% of the time, because it cannot be played more even though more than half of the community would like to play it more. Next map in order is Delta, which gets played 40% of the time, because people have to settle for another map that is not meta and after that comes the mix of the others.

At the moment you are just sucking on orange's tit and trying to justify his bad system.
It IS played more than any other map - what the fuck is your point? Meta is the most well liked map so it is played more than any other map. Other maps still get sufficient playtime so that players get to know (and like) them and those who enjoy them get to play them. This system makes perfect sense and is ideal.

I'm not trying to suck anyones dick, you're just a baby who can't get over the fact that you can't play your favorite map 24/7 anymore.

In any event what does this even have to do with this thread? If you have an idea for improving map vote make a thread for that and then make a PR.
[this space reserved]
Istoprocent1
Byond Username: istoprocent

Post by Istoprocent1 » #557494

wesoda25 wrote:
Istoprocent1 wrote: How is it getting played more if the system lets one map to be played 2 times every 5 rounds? Are you mentally challenged or just trying to justify this retarded system by acting mentally challenged yourself?

It IS played more than any other map - what the fuck is your point? Meta is the most well liked map so it is played more than any other map. Other maps still get sufficient playtime so that players get to know (and like) them and those who enjoy them get to play them. This system makes perfect sense and is ideal.

I'm not trying to suck anyones dick, you're just a baby who can't get over the fact that you can't play your favorite map 24/7 anymore.

In any event what does this even have to do with this thread? If you have an idea for improving map vote make a thread for that and then make a PR.
Yeah, I have an idea, Terry 24/7 Metastation. Lets experiment and see how this affects player engangement and playtime.

Another one would be 5 round of Metastation, 2 rounds of whatever people vote for.

You fail to understand that Metastation should get proportionately more playtime based on what community wants to play rather than force other maps on the majority of people just to please some maintainers and have their obscure maps pop up from time to time, since every other map cannot be played.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #562093

Istoprocent1 wrote:
wesoda25 wrote:like i mean it gets played more than other maps
so we're good
How is it getting played more if the system lets one map to be played 2 times every 5 rounds? Are you mentally challenged or just trying to justify this retarded system by acting mentally challenged yourself?
What does this even mean dude.

If it gets played 2/5 and the other maps are either 1/5 or 0/5 (unless you're implying there is a map being played 3/5), it is objectively being played more than the other maps.

You can literally come to this conclusion by looking at the chart, it is being played substantially higher than any other map. It isn't rocket science.

Just say you want it to run 24/7 because you think it is objectively the best, or just say what percentages you'd like to see. its okay to have an opinion others might disagree with and not hide it under being obtuse.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #562095

The most popular map will be more likely to be a player's first map, and will regardless be the map a new player will fully learn first.

This will influence that new player to see this map in more favorable terms, they will subconsciously compare all maps against that first map, viewing differences as deficiencies.

Our argument has never been rather or not the playerbase wants to play dust, it's rather or not the player base would switch to wanting to play another map more if that other map got the playtime that dust gets.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #562154

they will insist they wouldn't
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

BoopBoops
Byond Username: BoopBoops

Post by BoopBoops » #595398

here is an idea, why not remove kilo, which is, universally hated.
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #595437

The inherently problem in this method is it does not adequately allow for new maps to be added to the game.

Everyone will inevitably vote for the maps they are most familiar with, for obvious reasons: they do better on those maps and it's more fun to play when you're not waddling around trying to find shit.

Limiting the vote to spriters is an idea, but of course there would be bias there too.

The best way to do this would be to somehow get players more acquanted with newly added maps to the point where they would be familiar enough to actually enjoy them. An idea off the top of my head would be replacing *ALL* the OG maps with new maps: Kilo, Tram, etc., and have people play on those for a few months until they get used to them. Then the most popular of those maps could be chosen to be the new maps of the original batch.
Spoiler:
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #595505

I'm not sure if you're responding to something later in the thread but the OP was about reducing player control over map voting so that less voted maps also got played.

and the vote happened and some maps where already changed out