Cybersun Syndies needs proper flavor text and objectives / restrictions

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Darkhal
Byond Username: Darkhal

Cybersun Syndies needs proper flavor text and objectives / restrictions

Post by Darkhal » #556554

For some unknown reason, the cybersun syndies are back in the ghostpool without any changes as to what they should do or should not do.

Syndies from lavaland are forbidden to get out of their base
Ashies have been recently validated to invade the station except nuke it

What about the case of cybersuns ?

All we get are pretty powerful free antags that can print any guns, combat mechs or whatever due to their amazing amount of ressources and who will just board the station with a self made teleporter. Or flood the station with rogue borgs or whatever they come up with to fuck up the station.

Which begs the question, what is the point of those ghost spawn ? They aren't made to give a challenge like ash walkers nor to learn specific antag related stuff like lavaland base. They are litteraly a free antag button with no restriction as to what they can or cannot do considering the station.

They dont have much to do on their ship anyway, so of course they will soon raid the station. Some will space explore but let's face it, most will just go on the station to go on a rampage with their fancy guns and hardsuits.

Hell, they often teleport directly in the middle of bridge and send shit in chaos if it isnt already.

So when will we get a clear statement on their flavor text and objectives as well as restrictions ?
That or let's give them the nuke codes to have bootleg nukies, at this point why even care ?
ImageImage

My name is Cuban Pete !
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Re: Cybersun Syndies needs proper flavor text and objectives / restrictions

Post by Flatulent » #556701

isnt this a policy issue
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #556707

Flatulent wrote:isnt this a policy issue
autosynch to the latest ai wasnt an issue as the biggest thing that could happen was it being synch into a golem ai which by default and by policy cant have kill people laws, then some dude added a cool rogue ai for his snowflake ruin with kill people laws by default so now its a problem,
making automatic synch only look for ais in the current z level would fix it
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #557867

https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/syb ... olicy.json

this is what you can do from the admin pov
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #557884

this ghost spawn has 0 content other than recycled golem ship videogame + free antag + a snowflake suit,
remove their protolathe because it doesnt make sense, give them like a few challeging tasks to make a teleporter and make them a kind of self made man nuke op (timelocked to 40+ min tho)
example: you spawn at the bottom of the ship and all the gear is around, a plasma fire starts and u have to grab whatever you can and run to the top side while fighting npc, emitter mazes etc before u die to plasma fire, once you reach the end u can tele to station similar to lone op with whoever survived
Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #558402

update after a few days on terry and people catched up on the new ghost role:

literally all the round i have played in HAD cybersun operatives bans as they decided to randomly teleport /murder/sabotage/grief
here the greatest example so far of the mistake that this has brought: https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/ter ... /game.html

cybersun decides to ghost knowledge pinpoint white ship, build ai upload and guess what? station ai got cybersun lawset, which EVEN fucked a traitor round has he gave it an hacked x is only human law AND required admin intervention to fix before shit hit the ceiling,

if you want more examples of cybersun grief just click any round log because they all have it

if this ghostrole needs 100% full time admin observation just make it an admin spawn thing

i propose full removal which i ll pr in a day if this situation isnt fixed
Istoprocent1
Byond Username: istoprocent

Post by Istoprocent1 » #558409

Policy update might be in order. At the moment its up for the debate whether they are allowed to even leave their shuttle or not.

Say Cybersun being able to explore space and stuff, but not go on the station. Capturing people on Z levels other than the station could be allowed as well as mandatory cooperation with syndicate operatives.
Anuv
Byond Username: Anuv

Post by Anuv » #558416

Yeah what's the deal with this ghost role, had a round yesterday where they invaded and murderboned around medbay like crazy and got no response from ahelp asking about it.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #558421

Anuv wrote:Yeah what's the deal with this ghost role, had a round yesterday where they invaded and murderboned around medbay like crazy and got no response from ahelp asking about it.
If this is the round on Sybil that crashed shortly after, both of them were dealt with.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
angelstarri
Byond Username: Angelstarri

Post by angelstarri » #559433

THE CHAD CHARLIE STATION GHOST ROLE
  • has a clear objective
  • rewards exploration and taking it slow
  • can develop into the chance to return to station grounds after completing objectives without overly overpowered gear
the virgin cybersun industries ghost role
doesnt have any objectives
doesn't bring any rewards for anything because you already have everything you need when you start
99.9% of the time they just start killing people in the station because they have overpowered gear and nothing to do
is used as banbait by admins

just remove this fucking shit already i can't believe dwarves were put aside to merge this retarded fucking idea

Code: Select all

I strongly suspected the borgs were one humaned by the Captain because of their increasingly strange behavior throughout the round after the Captain had entered their upload and seemingly changed the laws. I had asked twice if I could blow the borgs to no response (because there was no admin online apparently). They were constantly complimenting the Captain and calling her pretty and essentially threatening people who called the Captain ugly - Pepper Oni.
Anuv
Byond Username: Anuv

Post by Anuv » #559434

BeeSting12 wrote:
Anuv wrote:Yeah what's the deal with this ghost role, had a round yesterday where they invaded and murderboned around medbay like crazy and got no response from ahelp asking about it.
If this is the round on Sybil that crashed shortly after, both of them were dealt with.
Alright just was wondering I haven't seen them or know much about them since they were added