Medical Doctors are a mistake.

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Medical Doctors are a mistake.

Post by Shadowflame909 » #561294

Medical Doctors rely on saving the crew from peril and patching them up.

Thus, when you give them content. You have to lower the Quality of Life for everyone else.

You add a chance of bone destruction, organ failure, random strokes, heart attacks, violently combusting, etc, etc. All these things only bring said player who experiences them out of the game, effectively putting it on pause for them. So another player can click them with a scalpel and retractor a couple of times mindlessly?

This job sucks, It doesn't incentivize fun it literally only exists to slow the game down and put players on a waiting list.

The worst part? It radically changes an important aspect of the game, Destruction, and Mania, for the worst. Now antagonists are on top, having instant access to healing methods to ignore the same waiting times and strife non-antagonists deal with. Or, their tools become more useless to less effectively bring people to the boring AFK broken bones state.

From systems like these, you get entire rules and admin teams telling you not to buy an e-sword because no one wants to wait 30 minutes healing all that damage you did in a couple of seconds.

Death can have consequences. But living should not be annoying.

So, TLDR: Screw Doctors, Screw BayMed. Screw a system that only serves to give more gameplay when another player is forced to enjoy less of it. Due to paralysis from excruciating wounds. Doctors at best should just be merged with other jobs. So there's less of a focus on giving doctors more "content". Since that just takes away from the game as a whole.

It wouldn't be a stretch to say the surgery room has similar faults to Lavaland in terms of separation from the core aspects of this game.
► Show Spoiler
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Re: Medical Doctors are a mistake.

Post by Helios » #561313

How's this as a "new deal".
Replace each security office with a medical one. Have each department have an assigned medical personnel, and supplies to deal with basic toxin/burn/brute damage. Have the medical supplies available be not usable on yourself, but rely on another person using it on you, targeting your injured area. Medbay is for treatment of people who are already dead, and require more specialized medical treatment, or for surgeries.
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #561323

Having medical being departmentalized so it doesn't force your round into full stop.

Might be worth testing out.
► Show Spoiler
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #561329

This is a valuable post because it lets content creators know who to ignore
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #561331

Shaps-cloud wrote:This is a valuable post because it lets content creators know who to ignore
If all /co/tent creators ignore me. They won't be able to give valid criticism when I start changing their content.
► Show Spoiler
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #561365

Rogue-like spess time. You injured? Fuck you!
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #561369

To think, God must have once stood in a dawn of infinite possibility and chose to make a world where I have to read shadowflames posts
[this space reserved]
XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #561370

Risking grievous injury from combat makes unga-ing more exciting. Especially when you're the guy causing the brutal injuries.
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #561373

XivilaiAnaxes wrote:Risking grievous injury from combat makes unga-ing more exciting. Especially when you're the guy causing the brutal injuries.
who tf......................................................................

adds downtime to a video game
► Show Spoiler
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #561374

It just forces a different style of play. Instead of tanking as many hits as you want, you have to be more selective about your targets and utilize more stealth. This will probably result in a lot of really effective murderbones until everything is balanced, but after that, I'd imagine it would be easier to stop a murderboner since it's no longer a "sandbag of health" that you can just refill at the nearest first aid kit.

It also means you need to be more decisive about engaging in a tool box slap fight.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #561375

Shadowflame909 wrote:
XivilaiAnaxes wrote:Risking grievous injury from combat makes unga-ing more exciting. Especially when you're the guy causing the brutal injuries.

Lmao have you ever played a pvp game in your life?
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #561376

XivilaiAnaxes wrote:
Shadowflame909 wrote:

Lmao have you ever played a pvp game in your life?
Bro. PVP Games have a respawn time of 3 - 5 seconds.

Not 30 minutes to never

And they certainly don't have annoying mechanics. Like a permanently colored screen. Or permanently slowed movement or permanently less health.
BeeSting12 wrote:It just forces a different style of play. Instead of tanking as many hits as you want, you have to be more selective about your targets and utilize more stealth. This will probably result in a lot of really effective murderbones until everything is balanced, but after that, I'd imagine it would be easier to stop a murderboner since it's no longer a "sandbag of health" that you can just refill at the nearest first aid kit.
The core concept of rebalancing everything around the game being more annoying to play sickens me!

Most of the time things don't get rebalanced. They just get restricted by the rules, if MRP and HRP servers are anything to go by.

Looking at bay-med on paradise and bay. Can't even use an e-sword over there on a security officer hunting you without getting bwoinked.
► Show Spoiler
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #561379

Shadowflame this isn't just a PvP game this is a sim roleplay game for fucks sake. You can't just duck behind a fridge and wait out the jam spilled on your screen to disappear.
XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #561380

3-5 seconds.

There are other games than cock of dooty man. This is one of them.
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #561381

NecromancerAnne wrote:Shadowflame this isn't just a PvP game this is a sim roleplay game for fucks sake. You can't just duck behind a fridge and wait out the jam spilled on your screen to disappear.
Yeah true. I wasn't thinking about the fact that people do other things then fight antags and kill people as antags.

I still feel that medbay sucks as a concept though. Ain't no roleplaying when you're in crit for 30 minutes!

And it only gets worse when more things get added to it.
XivilaiAnaxes wrote:3-5 seconds.

There are other games than cock of dooty man. This is one of them.

Name 3 games that you can't instantly HOP back into after dying. Including SS13. :capgun:

Edit: Yes tho. This was made in reaction to that wounds PR.

It's like surviving some traitor BS, shouting to the world "I lived bitch!" and the world responding by torturing you for surviving that dual e-sword.

Game cringe
► Show Spoiler
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer

Post by Shaps-cloud » #561386

Git gud
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #561388

Shaps-cloud wrote:Git gud
Powergamers getting n*rfed and salted at by the entire server

surviving getting n*rfed to give medbay content

you cant win
► Show Spoiler
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #561391

its not about winning retard
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #561392

you can't play either

because im afking in medbay for 30 minutes as the doctor heals my broken bones

Whos the gamer thats adding bay-med to /tg/

I wanna go into their DMs and try to give them a run down on why this is bad with examples from paradise and bay
► Show Spoiler
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #561393

avoid conflict then retard
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #561394

The entire game is conflict! It is simply predisposed in such a way that anyone could be starting the conflict! A monkey, a shapeshifter, your coworker, anyone!

This feels like one of the pitfalls of having multiple designers.

Conflicted messages leaving you trapped in an unfun scenario such as this.

Edit: Anyways to summarize my slippery slope baymed is HRP argument

All you gotta do is go on paradise/bay and have any combat interaction there. As soon as you take any injury, gameplay dies and you are forced to afk in a surgery room.

Heck, you don't even have to go on the server. Just look at the paradise closed ban appeals. Combat is IMO is locked up and limited, with a lot of players getting banned for causing "unnecessary injury"

Wounds aren't fun and destroy gameplay for everyone. The victims, and the attackers.
Last edited by Shadowflame909 on Mon May 11, 2020 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
► Show Spoiler
XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #561397

Vermintide/left4dead

Counter strike (all of them)

Pretty much any strategy game that isnt head to head

I'd throw in mobas too when death timers go over a minute.

People dying gives an advantage to someone else because they have one less problem to deal with. You are the sacrifice to the gods so that other less unfortunate players can have dramatic tension. What's the point in sawing someone in half if they just get back up?
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #561398

Shadowflame909 wrote:The entire game is conflict! It is simply predisposed in such a way that anyone could be starting the conflict! A monkey, a shapeshifter, your coworker, anyone!

This feels like one of the pitfalls of having multiple designers.

Conflicted messages leaving you trapped in an unfun scenario such as this.

Edit: Anyways to summarize my slippery slope baymed is HRP argument

All you gotta do is go on paradise/bay and have any combat interaction there. As soon as you take any injury, gameplay dies and you are forced to afk in a surgery room.

Heck, you don't even have to go on the server. Just look at the paradise closed ban appeals. Combat is IMO is locked up and limited, with a lot of players getting banned for causing "unnecessary injury"

Wounds aren't fun and destroy gameplay for everyone. The victims, and the attackers.
then dont get wounded and get robust dweeb
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #561403

Shaps-cloud wrote:This is a valuable post because
I see where you're going with this, it's important to see why people could dislike something if, at minimum, so you can remind yourself why you disagree and why they're wrong
it lets content creators know who to ignore
Fantastic fucking point shaps, before seeing this I never would've thought that shaps made worse posts than fucking shadowflame. now I see the light. shaps posts are worthless
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #561404

> get hit once
> your asshole ruptures and you lose all your blood in a matter of seconds

thank you coders, very cool.

There is now ONE MORE mechanic MDs have to learn even while most are still incapable of doing normal surgery, and there is no wiki explaining it lmfao so naturally they don’t know how to deal with it
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #561408

respondees as expected
actioninja
Byond Username: Actioninja

Post by actioninja » #561409

Flatulent wrote:> get hit once
> your asshole ruptures and you lose all your blood in a matter of seconds

thank you coders, very cool.

There is now ONE MORE mechanic MDs have to learn even while most are still incapable of doing normal surgery, and there is no wiki explaining it lmfao so naturally they don’t know how to deal with it
There's literally a shitload of mechanics to explain exactly how to treat injuries in game.
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #561432

ok then why did a doctor take so long to fix my concussion with zero brain damage that I ended up getting up during surgery and asking a chemist to make neurine instead and he did it in 30 seconds
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer

Post by Shaps-cloud » #561442

because even god himself couldn't fix the brain damage you're saddled with
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #561447

XivilaiAnaxes wrote:Vermintide/left4dead

Counter strike (all of them)

Pretty much any strategy game that isnt head to head

I'd throw in mobas too when death timers go over a minute.

People dying gives an advantage to someone else because they have one less problem to deal with. You are the sacrifice to the gods so that other less unfortunate players can have dramatic tension. What's the point in sawing someone in half if they just get back up?
True. I'll give you that Dying has constantly been used as a gameplay mechanic to decrease the number of enemies someone might have.

But being wounded permanently until you get surgery?

This is quite the most illogical gameplay change because dying itself sorta already expects you to be AFK and out of the game. Since you are in fact out of the game.

When you survive an antagonist, maybe an explosion, or just some sort of crazy event of SS13. You now have to go to the surgery room anyways and self-afk until the doctor gets to you and makes you all better?

That's a janky pause in the round you have to take because you survived a conflict. And the person who is supposed to be getting something out of you being forced to go AFK, "The Medical Doctor" isn't getting anything engaging out of it either. Because he has to deal with more catatonic bodies and scalpel retractor them a couple of times.

It's not engaging, It doesn't flow with the game, and it's effectively a big Slow Down mechanic that shouldn't exist on /TG/. HRP most certainly, but pausing and slowing down the game after every major antag event?

No..this is just going to lead to some salty murderbone creep.

Don't even get me started on how this same mechanic would work on HRP nuke ops, but rolfstomp into a saltpile on /tg/ nukeops.
► Show Spoiler
Taraiph
Byond Username: Taraiph

Post by Taraiph » #561551

I have a better idea.

Don't run around trying to kill people or get in fights.
Go AFK and watch netflix if the tend wounds takes too long.
Stay out my medbay storage.
Learn to roleplay as someone whose head is used for more than target practice.
Learn medbay yourself if you really hate how other people suck at literally everything to do with it.
Code a better solution if it's that odious.
Gitgud.
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #561556

Taraiph wrote:I have a better idea.

Don't run around trying to kill people or get in fights.
Go AFK and watch netflix if the tend wounds takes too long.
Stay out my medbay storage.
Learn to roleplay as someone whose head is used for more than target practice.
Learn medbay yourself if you really hate how other people suck at literally everything to do with it.
Code a better solution if it's that odious.
Gitgud.
Why is every supposed solution in this thread "don't play the game."

PR bad.
► Show Spoiler
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #561561

Taraiph wrote:Go AFK and watch netflix if the tend wounds takes too long.
That's literally what he wants to avoid though. That's not even a solution he would want to consider.

Are you guys mobile game developers or something except without microtransactions to add in for making the game play faster?

What the fuck are you expected to do anyways if combat is meant for The Good Players (™) anyways? I mean I like roleplay and shit however I feel like the more that actually winning a fight is punished, the more that it punishes shit like:
- simplemob combat
- away missions
- fighting antags like nuke ops, cult, or any antag where not fighting them means you'll die anyways.
- tomfoolery [someone pushing me into a table in a very specific way caused me to have both my legs broken. what.]
- rage cage fights [Manuel not included]
- not powergaming

My main concern is away missions. I feel like a requirement of an away mission should not be to have a fully stocked state-of-the-art medbay that is in an arm's reach OR to have the enemies only do one damage per hit because otherwise the players will get 500,000 broken bones in their brain stem with internal bleeding in their left foot. I'll admit that I don't exactly know how lethal wounds here can be because I don't fucking try to get myself fucked up so I can roll on the rng wheel to determine these things, but it feels like that it's basically punishing any form of fun that isn't going to the bar and typing out some paragraphs.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #561565

I do not like suffering the consequences of ym actions
do not act in such a manner and you will not
ARE YOU TELLING ME I SHOULDN'T PLAY THE GAME?!
yes if you fucking hate it so much go play on some retard server where everyone spawns with medibeam guns so you can click people horizontal with your pocket medic and not have to worry about losing, you blubbering abscess. Sorry you cant just save scum and reload the whole server every time you fucking fail, mongo. Im sure everyone else should just have to suffer your fucking bull shit and never be able to disable you to stop you from fucking up their game experience, how can they be so inconsiderate of your fucking NEED to valid
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #561566

Thank you, Ayy Lemoh.

I thought I was going crazy with how little construction upon my thoughts actually happened.

Just all deconstructive criticism.
► Show Spoiler
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #561567

Eat the corn kernels out of my shit, people provide criticism and explain to you why your desired playstyle would be absolute fucking cancer and you fucking piss and moan about it and whinge until people ad-hom you because you're a hagfish

I feel lesions forming on my brain every time i read one of your posts, you practically radiate retardation
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #561572

Super Aggro Crag wrote:yes if you fucking hate it so much go play on some retard server where everyone spawns with medibeam guns so you can click people horizontal with your pocket medic and not have to worry about losing, you blubbering abscess. Sorry you cant just save scum and reload the whole server every time you fucking fail, mongo. Im sure everyone else should just have to suffer your fucking bull shit and never be able to disable you to stop you from fucking up their game experience, how can they be so inconsiderate of your fucking NEED to valid
Crag, if this is directed towards me then I hope it's only for the not powergaming part or team antag part (it would be absurd if everyone just acted neutral/passive during war ops or some shit). Away missions or map ruins, while potentially detrimental once people get loot from them and go back on station, are basically PvE content where validing a dumb npc should be less shitty than validing living players.

I assume you mean failure as in getting hurt in this case since the point of this thread isn't "i died wtf consequences??" at all. It changes what happens to the living mostly, not those who are already dead. Well, being hurt isn't really what people would want to save scum for since they're still alive. The only thing that would be save scummable is doing all your attacks from a distance, but that's not really an option for most people.

Once again, I'm mostly concerned about what is basically PvE content. Away missions are fun for events which can entertain the server, but I don't want them to just be fucking annoying meat grinders unless you are the ultimate powergamer. It's more fun when it's done in groups after all.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #561582

Ayy Lemoh wrote:
Super Aggro Crag wrote:yes if you fucking hate it so much go play on some retard server where everyone spawns with medibeam guns so you can click people horizontal with your pocket medic and not have to worry about losing, you blubbering abscess. Sorry you cant just save scum and reload the whole server every time you fucking fail, mongo. Im sure everyone else should just have to suffer your fucking bull shit and never be able to disable you to stop you from fucking up their game experience, how can they be so inconsiderate of your fucking NEED to valid
Crag, if this is directed towards me then I hope it's only for the not powergaming part or team antag part (it would be absurd if everyone just acted neutral/passive during war ops or some shit). Away missions or map ruins, while potentially detrimental once people get loot from them and go back on station, are basically PvE content where validing a dumb npc should be less shitty than validing living players.

I assume you mean failure as in getting hurt in this case since the point of this thread isn't "i died wtf consequences??" at all. It changes what happens to the living mostly, not those who are already dead. Well, being hurt isn't really what people would want to save scum for since they're still alive. The only thing that would be save scummable is doing all your attacks from a distance, but that's not really an option for most people.

Once again, I'm mostly concerned about what is basically PvE content. Away missions are fun for events which can entertain the server, but I don't want them to just be fucking annoying meat grinders unless you are the ultimate powergamer. It's more fun when it's done in groups after all.
Nah dude you're fine its directed at shadowflame
Qustinnus
Byond Username: Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » #561584

Shadowflame909 wrote:
Shaps-cloud wrote:This is a valuable post because it lets content creators know who to ignore
If all /co/tent creators ignore me. They won't be able to give valid criticism when I start changing their content.
your prs would be closed and would probably be poorly made
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #561585

Qustinnus wrote:
Shadowflame909 wrote:
how could you say this

when your gonna be bribed to make my PRs
► Show Spoiler
Qustinnus
Byond Username: Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » #561588

Shadowflame909 wrote:
Qustinnus wrote:
Shadowflame909 wrote:
how could you say this

when your gonna be bribed to make my PRs
i dont do un-mergeable bounties.
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #561590

Anything is mergable as long as your willing to give and take.

I just want a foot in the door.
► Show Spoiler
EOBGames
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: EOBGames

Post by EOBGames » #561595

If there's one thing that's not gonna get merged, it's gonna be something that completely walks back/undoes all of the medical changes that have been made.

Especially when the design docs, supported by oranges, define a path that's almost entirely different to the stuff you're suggesting.
Everyone's favourite internewt. Je maptiendrai.
In the rare event that I'm on the server, I'm either Inept-At-Job or Kayden Riker. Accept no substitutes.
If you've gotta contact me, hit me up on discord, as I don't really check forum DMs: @Emerald_or_Bust#1314
Spoiler:
Beware the Chilledstation, for it approaches.
Fluff Images:
► Show Spoiler
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #561600

post the medical design doc senior

so I can adjust my ideals of medical to be more conforming.

Edit: or at least find a solution that doesn't interfere with it.
► Show Spoiler
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #561602

Shadow it's on the hackmd account for tgstation
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #561604

Okay gonna have to scrap this one boys

Its back to the drawing board
► Show Spoiler
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #561612

Medical Doctors rely on saving the crew from peril and patching them up.

Thus, when you give them content. You have to lower the Quality of Life for everyone else.

You add a chance of bone destruction, organ failure, random strokes, heart attacks, violently combusting, etc, etc. All these things only bring said player who experiences them out of the game, effectively putting it on pause for them. So another player can click them with a scalpel and retractor a couple of times mindlessly?
I agree with this and I don't think this is some revolutionary discovery, in fact I've mentioned this several times in various PRs and have even mentioned this in the design doc made about a month ago.

MD, like sec, is reliant on the crew fucking up OR antags fucking things up. Medical also has to teeter between giving power to the doctor nigh-exclusively but not make the aspect so monopolized that "the patient doesn’t ever get to practically play the round again".

As for quality of life, I don't know what this is trying to say. If you mean quality of life to mean what you can do before you start getting effectively punished then sure. I don't think this is a bad thing anymore than the argument that we should remove progression because it just creates an arbitrary obstacle before you get the gear you desire. The point of both of these mechanics is to force you to make decisions, including some you may not enjoy making (or perhaps the choice is completely out of your hands, like a traitor silently old ebowing you and btfoing you from the round). I actually think these kind of unforgiving mechanics is what makes the game fun and exhilarating for the player, hence why people tend to enjoy antag/validhunting/lavaland/combat.
This job sucks, It doesn't incentivize fun it literally only exists to slow the game down and put players on a waiting list.
The job incentivizes approaching situations differently. You could argue having any medical system acts as a deterrent to being in a virtual valhallah where you perpetually fight. Yes, by nature it is a role that incentivizes you to make smart decisions in how to approach situations / punishes you for making a poor decision in how you approach a situation.
The worst part? It radically changes an important aspect of the game, Destruction, and Mania, for the worst. Now antagonists are on top, having instant access to healing methods to ignore the same waiting times and strife non-antagonists deal with. Or, their tools become more useless to less effectively bring people to the boring AFK broken bones state.
It makes destruction and mania that much more satiable since it means there's an inherit risk of being destructive and chaotic. Basically from this I get "the worst part is you made these actions /matter/".

As for antag power, I could care less. If you want to tone them down to reflect the main aspect of the game, be my guest. I'd happily bring antags to a power level I feel is appropriate with the rest of the game, as i've done numerous times in the past. I would be more inclined to appreciate this comment had you made some tangible attempt to do that yourself.
From systems like these, you get entire rules and admin teams telling you not to buy an e-sword because no one wants to wait 30 minutes healing all that damage you did in a couple of seconds.
Citation needed.
Death can have consequences. But living should not be annoying.
No medical component makes living annoying, not anymore than having to eat. Situationally, getting hurt can be a real pain for your character. That is by design, see my first bit regarding choices.
So, TLDR: Screw Doctors, Screw BayMed. Screw a system that only serves to give more gameplay when another player is forced to enjoy less of it. Due to paralysis from excruciating wounds. Doctors at best should just be merged with other jobs. So there's less of a focus on giving doctors more "content". Since that just takes away from the game as a whole.
Is wounds actually baymed or is baymed just a buzzword for "healing that poses any more inconvenience to me than just getting a pill/patch from the chemfridge"? Are you even talking about wounds? Have you played a round (1) with wounds?

like I said, the player gets to appreciate more of it now that their actions have meaning (good/bad). If the game requiring more thought before diving head first into situations that might be unfavorable equates to you enjoying it less, perhaps a roleplaying game (especially MRP considering you played manuel nigh-exclusive the last 30 days) isn't for you.

Heck, even if you take the RP aspect out and leave just antag vs crew, I don't think a social deduction game is for you. Most social deduction games are fairly unforgiving when you get eliminated, and roles are vital in helping the "crew" win. ToS for example has 1 role that can talk to dead, and another that can revive 1 person 1 night. After that, you're better off searching for another game or you will be spectating the rest of the round. TTT might have 1use defibs depending on what server you play, which I believe would be exclusive to special roles IE detective.
It wouldn't be a stretch to say the surgery room has similar faults to Lavaland in terms of separation from the core aspects of this game.
If you believed that then everything else you said about it driving the game into a way you dislike would be wrong. It can't a centerpiece of the game in terms of how it affects people and also be separated from the core aspect of the game (which is the station, particularly the crew). I'd argue xenobio is more closely related to lavaland in regards to the complaint people have with lavaland's separation than surgery.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current