Gravitational anomalies being spammy?

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Reeeee
Byond Username: LibbySnow

Gravitational anomalies being spammy?

Post by Reeeee » #565894

Peanutest Peanut to Peanut in history of Peanuts.

It seems to me that Gravitational anomalies seem to have a far too large of an appearance pool.
I tried scrubbying stats to see if this was confirmation bias or not. Turns out, I am bad at doing that and can't find the record for any anomaly in any log. *shrug*
It seems to me that anomalies, and like vast majority of them (upwards of 80%) are grav anomalies. We switched to dynamic ruleset and ever since it has been nagging at me that grav anomalies pop up every ten or so minutes and other types are exceedingly rare if not nonexistent.

This seems spammy for a lack of a better word, can we change anomalies being equal chances but dropping appearances down to every 30ish minutes instead of the ten or so? Or is this intentional? We got all the nice RD armorshells for all of them but there's only grav anomalies to play with since anomalies are pretty exclusively all blue bubbles.
Also, you know, Phazon, that has become like ultimate gamer loot cus you can't get the specific cores for it now. It isn't *that* good of a mech it needs to be supergated, is it?
signnatrire
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Gravitational anomalies being spammy?

Post by oranges » #565933

that's alright they're getting rewritten anyway