Arconomy Final Form: Pre-PR Feedback Hole

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Arcanemusic
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ArcaneMusic

Arconomy Final Form: Pre-PR Feedback Hole

Post by Arcanemusic » #568073

I got around to it.
Here's what is currently PR'd as a primer:
Spoiler:
DECENT POST-ROUND LOGGING.
https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/51843 is currently open, but the gist of it is:
  • Postround stats show off how much money the richest player has. Flex on your friends.
  • Logging for economy will enable me/maintainers/bee to come up with data on the health of economy. Are players making too much money? Or too little?
  • Average Bank values at round-end will let us know the trend data between round length and average player income as well.
  • More boring data science things like that.
ACCESSIBILITY OPTIONS:
https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/51449 is a disgusting hybrid of Venmo, Fiverr, and Ebay rolled into one.
  • Pay Crewmembers for tasks to be completed.
  • Enables players to have a safe way to set-up and pay out tasks for money.
  • Integrated into player owned tablets for personal use.
  • Uses the word 'bounty' again.

Standardized Payment Component (WIP)
https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/51944 enables objects, structures, items, weapons, anything to have a uniform way to charge players for something. Built for ease of use on the administrative and code side, in the same way that all you need to do to turn something into a reagent holder is just adding "create_reagents(Number)" to initalize, now you can turn ANYTHING into a way to exchange money. Not much to say with this because it's on the backburner because of what's next:
And finally, here's the big PR that's being worked on unless I get hit by a bus this weekend.
ARCONOMY 1.0: FINAL STAGE CAPITALISM
Here's the list of features that have been codified:
  • Lavaland mint? GONE
  • Dynamic Inflation Handling? DONE
  • Passive Income Crutch? TAKEN AWAY
  • Supplemental Income System AKA Civilian Bounties? WORKED THE FUCK OUT
  • Self-Adjusting Vending Prices? YOU BETTER BELIEVE
  • Ability for admins to crash the economy on purpose/accident? BADMINERY ENABLED
  • Fart gas millionaires got you down? THE RUG HAS BEEN PULLED OUT FROM UNDER THEM
And that's just what we got so far.
I Broke: Economy, Hydroponics, Trading Cards, Mice, Civilian Bounties, the BEPIS, Techwebs, Newscasters, and MORE EVERY DAY
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Re: Arconomy Final Form: Pre-PR Feedback Hole

Post by Shadowflame909 » #568074

Wow Arcane! you have a really good system here, might be the thing that ends my burn out and gets me playing agai-
Arcanemusic wrote:
  • Lavaland mint? GONE

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
How do you expect a poor crew member to get some cash in this cargo-centric greed filled station! Ye cant remove my only way of making LARGE amounts of cash

The 1 million dollar bicycle never was affordable previously without someone exploiting. Now its never ever.
► Show Spoiler
Angust
Byond Username: Angust

Post by Angust » #568262

Now I want a downloadable money sniffer computer program (HOP restricted, super large filesize so won't work on tablets) to help figure out who's sitting on the money.

Restrictions are to prevent metaing briefcases of cash-purchasers too easily.
Mickyan
Github User
Byond Username: Mickyan
Github Username: Mickyan

Post by Mickyan » #568272

the absolute madman did it

It's too early to really give any constructive feedback but one possible problem I could see emerging is if someone is hoarding money and doesn't spend it then the economy stalls because there's not enough currency moving around while prices keep rising, in some ways this is a thing in the real world which is why wealth taxes exist
ImageI play on Manuel as Swanni, the brain-damaged moth.
Be nice to each other.
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #568278

when will we have /real economy/ where we have global market for most simple items and you sell high and buy low?
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #568325

thank god someone put in the work to get this functioning

when will we have the grand exchange
Last edited by cacogen on Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

BrianBackslide
Byond Username: BrianBackslide

Post by BrianBackslide » #568326

And yet, Botanists are still the only ones that'll be affected.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #568328

what if you put strange seeds in the biogenerator
NSFW:

BrianBackslide

Post by BrianBackslide » #568349

Sorry if my last post came off rude, I think the changes (minus the coin mint) are definitely a step in the right direction. "Goodies" aside, I just worry that there's still not enough reason for other jobs to really give a shit about money. Hell, I don't even really go for strange seeds anymore.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #568513

i thought that was the big point of contention or limiting factor for economy was that botanists can't get their dumb unnecessary strange seeds anymore
NSFW:

Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #568522

cacogen wrote:i thought that was the big point of contention or limiting factor for economy was that botanists can't get their dumb unnecessary strange seeds anymore
No that's just the thing that makes people salty because that's literally it's only effect on the game.

Don't get me started on ammonia and dethylamine being literally your entire check after getting one tiny bottle.
► Show Spoiler
Kryson
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Kryson

Post by Kryson » #569881

These bounties grant too much money for trivial stuff.

This means you can get loaded up with guns as any job within like 10 min.

3000 credits for a heart i can print roundstart at the medical lathe?

That is 1.5 hellguns for like 10 seconds of work and half a metal sheet.

Good bounties would be things that are non-trivial to obtain: maint peaches, maint pills, lizard skin boots, lizard hat, non-basic plants, pruno, a bottle of moonshine / hooch.

Stuff you can just find in a public area, after checking two maint crates or printed from a lathe are bad bounties.
Angust

Post by Angust » #569979

On the testmerge I can't afford a single seed after buying a couple of tools. Not saying it's bad but I miss being able to choose a contraband seed.
Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #569980

Angust wrote:On the testmerge I can't afford a single seed after paying the 200cr grey bull tax. Not saying it's bad but I miss being able to choose a contraband seed.
the whole point is to go from paycheck economy to "active" ((bounties)) so ur supposed to swipe id on the computer thing , hope u get bananas bounty and then get like 5k$ and never have any money problem again
Angust

Post by Angust » #569984

I think mugging people would be good for emergent gameplay...
BrianBackslide

Post by BrianBackslide » #570388

I like it but it's way too easy to get money now. It really sucks that I can't afford anything at all roundstart though.

Also the bounty pad needs fireproofing. I accidentally burnt it to ash sending lit bonfires. (and set an unfortunate security guard on fire)
Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #572159

the new pr made all civilian bounties gains /10 which i think just killed the whole thing all togheter, no one is gonna ever use it when mining in singleplayer with a cutter gives you 30 times more money and even chance of rare loot

like who the fuck is gonna get donuts for 200 credits? like really? i can buy 2 coca cola with that money
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #572160

Tlaltecuhtli wrote:the new pr made all civilian bounties gains /10 which i think just killed the whole thing all togheter, no one is gonna ever use it when mining in singleplayer with a cutter gives you 30 times more money and even chance of rare loot

like who the fuck is gonna get donuts for 200 credits? like really? i can buy 2 coca cola with that money
how do you make money from ore? Wasn’t coin press removed?
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #572167

mining points can be converted to cash and you can sell plasma at 50% with the barcode
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #574300

Shadowflame909 wrote:
cacogen wrote:i thought that was the big point of contention or limiting factor for economy was that botanists can't get their dumb unnecessary strange seeds anymore
No that's just the thing that makes people salty because that's literally it's only effect on the game.

Don't get me started on ammonia and dethylamine being literally your entire check after getting one tiny bottle.
Essential job equipment is supposed to be free to that department's members. If that isn't the case, file a bug report.
BrianBackslide

Post by BrianBackslide » #574335

Ammonia and Diethylamine are premium items from a hacked vendor. What he isn't telling you is that you can get infinite amounts of both with about 5 minutes of work by simply mutating a pumpkin roundstart.

Back on topic, more things to buy that aren't guns would be nice. Also some civvie bounties are absolutely not worth the amount of money they give you. As a doctor, I can get a bounty for a pair of eyes for 650 creds, then a Lizard tail, something SIGNIFICANTLY harder to (nicely) obtain, for 300... Or a chainsaw for 300. There's not much balance between the credit reward and the effort required to obtain that bounty.
Kassori
Byond Username: Kassori

Post by Kassori » #574721

Also takes 3 minutes to politely ask the AI for access into tech storage and assemble your own dispenser without starting a cold war with chemistry. Diethylamine is also an essential chemical for botany, it is the ONLY effective chemical for reducing a plant's instability. The next chemical after, Robust Harvest, is literally 1/4 as effective.

I don't care about that though, I care about the absolutely pathetic amount of starting cash botanists have. Enough to buy a single premium seed, then wait half an hour or hope that the public bounty console isn't out of money 5 minutes into round start like it always is.
pfp by AspEv
Kryson
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Kryson

Post by Kryson » #574728

Ammonia and Diethylamine are not essential and can be made by grinding a mixture of grass and lightbulbs(+ spray cans if you want diethylamine).

I lower instability by planting a 0 instability, high potency, high yield plant next to my unstable plant.

I think the better designed bounties pay out too little right now, but the current state is better than how it was pre nerf.