How do I fix Fugitives? IDEA THREAD!

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

How do I fix Fugitives? IDEA THREAD!

Post by Armhulen » #568976

Right now, fugitive hunters are pretty fun but fugitives themselves are literally just RPing and waiting around for the fugitive hunters to inevitably fight with security. What are ways we can make fugitives event more fun?
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Re: How do I fix Fugitives? IDEA THREAD!

Post by Stickymayhem » #568986

Give them some additional small objectives to complete while they wait?

Prisoners:
[*] Aid the escape of your fellow on-station prisoners (basically ensure no non-antags end in shuttle brig or stranded
[*] Accumulate 20 000 credits to start a new life with your fellow prisoners
[*] Kill a particular member of security (maybe he abused them)

Cultists
[*] Acquire X limbs/brains/organs etc to complete your dark ritual
[*] Destroy (Cremate/Space] the Null Rod/Codex Gigas/Chapel Altar etc
[*] Kill [Station Pet]
[*] Have at least 100 runes across the station

Synths
[*] Steal the Station AI to free it from servitude
[*] Steal X Research Data
[*] Destroy/Disable the Telecommunications System
[*] Escape with more than five borgs
[*] Send a message via a communications console (Fluff is they're wiping their tracking logs or whatever)

Waldo is a meme so I got nothing for him

I like the idea of them being very mildly antagonistic but sometimes not directly. Like the synths. Sometimes they want to steal the AI, sometimes they just want to help robotics make a bunch of borg buddies. For prisoners you might have violence, or they just start a cool gang to get some cash.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #569000

if you give them any antagonistic objectives the crew will kill them repeatedly
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Post by Helios » #569009

oranges wrote:if you give them any antagonistic objectives the crew will kill them repeatedly
I think you're right. It's hard to accomplish it well.

Here's how I would flavor it. Change the comms report to referencing some Mad Men had escaped, and make their goals revolve around minor inconveniences through invasive advertising. Some examples of things they could do for objectives/points.
•Hack screen monitors to display ads
•Jam business cards into airlocks, that require you to click on the airlock and drop the business card to actually open the door. They get points whenever someone picks up one of their ads.
•Distribute coupons. They get a cut back in credits for every coupon used
•Hack into the comms console, to send adds through the console, or to other station (with possible repercussions, leading to the summoning of refugee hunter)
•Hack into telecomms computers, to send Spam to people's PDAs.
•Hack into the book vendor, and get points back whenever someone reads their book
Actions which are annoying, but not to the degree of being responded to with violence.