FBI Sucks

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

FBI Sucks

Post by sinfulbliss » #570774

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but this gamemode is really bad.

It doesn't even make sense theoretically. The FBI should be there, theoretically, to stop crime and protect innocent individuals from terrorist threats. So why do they have the license to murder everyone, especially security officers on the station? Why are they considered full antagonists? Shouldn't they be the good guys?

And even if they're supposed to be antagonists themselves, they're still totally broken. They don't have some overarching objective like nukies, BBs, tators, cult, or literally any of the proper antags. Wizards or heretics that can devolve into murderboning work because they're special in some way, they have a unique flavor, weaknesses, and a gimmick. Space cops are just a group of players with guns and armor that murder everyone for no reason. It's not unique and it's not really fun for anyone.

I don't see the theoretical difference between "FBI" and "ERT," it seems to me that the FBI should be more like ERT, but then of course they have no new purpose.

What's the point of this gamemode and does anyone actually like it?
Spoiler:
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Re: FBI Sucks

Post by RaveRadbury » #570781

There is no game mode by this name. Are you referring to the Space Police in the Families game mode?
trollbreeder
Byond Username: Trollbreeder
Github Username: trollbreeder

Post by trollbreeder » #570803

RaveRadbury wrote:There is no game mode by this name. Are you referring to the Space Police in the Families game mode?
Yeah, can't be anything else (he even said space cops)
I'm a dumb feature coder, also a bad (but not terrible) coderspriter and a semi-good mapper and an enforcer of standards.
you can find me playing when i'm not coding or playing csgo as cleans-the-house on event hall, sybil or manuel

screenshot gallery:
Spoiler:
SkeletalElite
Byond Username: SkeletalElite
Github Username: SkeletalElite

Post by SkeletalElite » #570804

Families is just TDM
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Post by Helios » #570813

Yeah, OP is right.
FBI level of families sucks. It's TDM on Basil, and decent on Manuel
FBI level tends to have "fast" weapons that are a pain in the ass to fight with, as you have no ability to counter. They have valid hunting glasses too from the undercover cops, and usually end up just hunting down all the gangsters so the shuttle can leave
Jack7D1
Byond Username: Jack7D1

Post by Jack7D1 » #570814

Gangs 2.0
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #570836

Undercover cop is a worthless role. You're meant to infiltrate gangs and keep tabs on them right? Then by the gamemodes logic you're supposed to meet up with the space cops to tell them whats going on.

The whole gamemode is based on the idea that the more violence and people who die there are, the harsher the space cops response.

Who plays the space cops? The people who die. Who were probably part of the gangs and know where all the gangs are and who the gang members are, AND still get fucking antag scanning glasses.

So what's the fucking point of an undercover cop when the gamemode is literally inextricably linked to metagaming.

Why do we even have a game based on actual metagaming, where people revive to kill the people that killed or fucked with them.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #570837

RaveRadbury wrote:There is no game mode by this name. Are you referring to the Space Police in the Families game mode?
Yeah sorry, that's what I meant.
Spoiler:
Critawakets
Byond Username: CRITAWAKETS

Post by Critawakets » #570842

Stickymayhem wrote:Why do we even have a game based on actual metagaming, where people revive to kill the people that killed or fucked with them.
Even better question for you: Why did we approve a gamemode which is just a TDM when we want to get away from TDM gamemodes?
am gud enineering
scrungo
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Post by Helios » #570848

Critawakets wrote:
Stickymayhem wrote:Why do we even have a game based on actual metagaming, where people revive to kill the people that killed or fucked with them.
Even better question for you: Why did we approve a gamemode which is just a TDM when we want to get away from TDM gamemodes?
At least old gangs had a climax, with the gang dominators and shuttle calls resulting in a clear "Does the station win or the gangs win" to end the round.
Not like Families, where it's a department by department sweep to kill gang members ending the round
Lo6a4evskiy
Byond Username: Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #570879

From what I've seen undercover cops just go to the security and play regular supercop, fishing out gangsters one by one.

I guess they're meant to provide reasons for families to be violent.
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #570880

no

FBI is intended to be a deterrent against gangs just killing each other
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #570884

Flatulent wrote:no

FBI is intended to be a deterrent against gangs just killing each other
Which is bizarre because there is no incentive to do so. Undercover cops want to actually escalate violence by acting as provacateurs within the gangs and then they can escalate police violence against them for their own satisfaction.

Oh fuck

this gamemode is a political statement

goddammit goof you madman
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman