Sec Borg change

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
deathhoof

Re: Sec Borg change

Post by deathhoof » #68200

Bottom post of the previous page:

My experiance with this so far:
>be listening to security channel
>fuggin lorenzo stole all the shit, arrest he
>go to hop line with wirecutters and cut out the mounted flash
>sec borgs comes along and disablers me
>i run straight at them as they shoot because i know they wont do enough damage to stop me and I flash them
>use the borg as a shield against security
>they laser the borg to death in an attempt to stop me
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #68201

Its definently going to take time for Sec Borgs to get to grips with the idea of them having to keep distance from a positional target and that they can't instantly shut down a single target at range. Same thing happened with the Syndi Borg change where they lost their one-shot ranged stun.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #68233

They didn't lose it, they just had to be more careful with using it because it was changed to a multishot unreloadable grenade round instead of an auto-ebow.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #68253

I use it to disperse greyshits and the HoS since it doesn't always stun, but it does light them on fire. More useful, IMO.

As for the disabler, did you increase the ammo count of it like what was done with the eguns/tasers? Because 7 disabler shots would be bullshit.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #68254

When I tested you could fire 20 disable shots before exhausting (Or around 21-22 depending on recharge times), this means with the 20 shots you can potetionally disable five targets, which is the same as the taser in stunning five targets.

I also set it to have the same recharge time as the taser, though individual shots recharge at a faster rate, it takes the exact same amount of time to fully recharge the gun from empty to full (around 50 seconds).
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #68451

Syndieborgs are getting their instant stun back. https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/7676
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #68453

But their losing any ranged damage dealing weapon, meaning that have to use their Esword on targets to kill them.