bar/restaurant tourists feedback

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.

Moderators: MisterPerson, Code Maintainers

User avatar
Qustinnus
TGMC Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:30 am
Byond Username: Qustinnus

bar/restaurant tourists feedback

Postby Qustinnus » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:26 am #592938




User avatar
carshalash
 
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:57 am
Byond Username: Carshalash

Re: bar/restaurant tourists feedback

Postby carshalash » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:34 am #592953

I'm seeing something called light beer in the requested drinks section, I'm pretty sure that we don't really have separate light/normal beers.

Kryson
 
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:04 pm
Byond Username: Kryson

Re: bar/restaurant tourists feedback

Postby Kryson » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:29 pm #592987

carshalash wrote:I'm seeing something called light beer in the requested drinks section, I'm pretty sure that we don't really have separate light/normal beers.



We do.

/datum/reagent/consumable/ethanol/beer/light

It is pretty rare though, I was SURE it was created by fermenting grass, but turns out you have to rely on random drops. My bad!

User avatar
Qustinnus
TGMC Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:30 am
Byond Username: Qustinnus

Re: bar/restaurant tourists feedback

Postby Qustinnus » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:19 pm #593052

yeah I removed it, is it still on the server? if so that means the testmerge didnt update

User avatar
Farquaar
 
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:20 am
Location: Somewhere north of Hogtown
Byond Username: Farquaar

Re: bar/restaurant tourists feedback

Postby Farquaar » Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:17 pm #593063

Shame, I was looking forward to trying it. You caught me on a busy day, lad.

User avatar
Qustinnus
TGMC Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:30 am
Byond Username: Qustinnus

Re: bar/restaurant tourists feedback

Postby Qustinnus » Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:14 am #593150

no no, i meant i removed the light beer, the testmerge should still be on the server

User avatar
Domitius
 
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:30 am
Byond Username: Domitius

Re: bar/restaurant tourists feedback

Postby Domitius » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:05 am #593191

I feel like the sounds are great but they happen so frequently it's pretty jarring. Having a maximum amount of seats you can place would be really nice to stop people memeing with the seat markers and filling the bar. I've found in personal use over three bartender shifts that 2-3 seats was a good sweet spot.

One of the very common drinks for the italian bot is Branca Manta which requires Fernet, a hacked alcohol from the Booze vendor. While not prohibitively hard to do if you know that it feels bad pausing your work to either scream for somebody to hack your vendor to proceed or to go grab the supplies yourself. Would be nice if it was a lot rarer or removed from the list! Fernet costs 260$ too so it's a steep investment which requires it to be ordered at least 5-6 times before you see any returns from what little fernet is left.

Over all I've been loving it!

User avatar
Farquaar
 
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:20 am
Location: Somewhere north of Hogtown
Byond Username: Farquaar

Re: bar/restaurant tourists feedback

Postby Farquaar » Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:55 am #593710

Domitius wrote:I feel like the sounds are great but they happen so frequently it's pretty jarring. Having a maximum amount of seats you can place would be really nice to stop people memeing with the seat markers and filling the bar. I've found in personal use over three bartender shifts that 2-3 seats was a good sweet spot.

Yeah, I agree with this sentiment.

Also, given that we don't have incomes anymore, it's nice to know that you have a fairly reliable source of money if you're willing to put in the work. Now, you don't have to feel paranoid that you'll have zero money for the rest of the round if you choose to buy that fancy booze bottle, seed pack, or butcher's cleaver.

I need to spend more time with the bots to articulate more specific feedback, but I'm liking them so far.

User avatar
carshalash
 
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:57 am
Byond Username: Carshalash

Re: bar/restaurant tourists feedback

Postby carshalash » Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:06 am #593716

Some prices are REALLY bad, one of the more annoying ones was champagne just being a 30 when I had to spend over 300 for the bottle.

The fact an assistant smashed the bottle just because also didn't help.

User avatar
Farquaar
 
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:20 am
Location: Somewhere north of Hogtown
Byond Username: Farquaar

Re: bar/restaurant tourists feedback

Postby Farquaar » Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:08 am #593765

carshalash wrote:Some prices are REALLY bad, one of the more annoying ones was champagne just being a 30 when I had to spend over 300 for the bottle.

The fact an assistant smashed the bottle just because also didn't help.

Please tell me you shot him

User avatar
Flatulent
 
Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:36 am
Location: Sao Paulo, Brazil
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Re: bar/restaurant tourists feedback

Postby Flatulent » Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:12 am #593767

make robots ghost controllable so we can have bar rp
bindy liberation front
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries

cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post

cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.

Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.

cacogen
 
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:27 am
Byond Username: Cacogen

Re: bar/restaurant tourists feedback

Postby cacogen » Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:59 am #593772

So overwhelming not knowing the recipes having to wrestle with the wiki (sausage recipe not up to date) and the crafting menu which should highlight recipes you have some ingredients for and often things are categorised in weird places. Not always obvious what to search to get the thing you want up (is it hyphenated, for example?). Then there's the length of time and simple burnout involved in the extra work of not having hydroponics to rely on and having to do it yourself. Stuff takes ages to grow. Something that's a bug I think I noticed is when the robots all leave because you took too long with one order (don't think it should work like that) is that both restaurant portals close. So the bartender who was doing fine with all seats had to open his back up.

I know you aren't responsible for the wiki or the crafting menu, but I think this'd be better if there was a faster way to get ingredients. Like a terminal you could spend money at and have them dropped in like your box is. I know cargo should get a look-in but I don't know how you'd do that if they like hydroponics weren't there or just weren't reliable.

Oh and players who came for food didn't get a look-in because my time and attention was consumed by trying to serve the two robots I'd whittled the seats down to before they left and the work I'd already done was for nothing.
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this

User avatar
Farquaar
 
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:20 am
Location: Somewhere north of Hogtown
Byond Username: Farquaar

Re: bar/restaurant tourists feedback

Postby Farquaar » Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:06 am #593773

cacogen wrote:I know you aren't responsible for the wiki or the crafting menu, but I think this'd be better if there was a faster way to get ingredients. Like a terminal you could spend money at and have them dropped in like your box is. I know cargo should get a look-in but I don't know how you'd do that if they like hydroponics weren't there or just weren't reliable.

As it stands now, any chef player is obligated to be a semi-competent botanist. There's a reason chefs start with access to hydroponics. In theory, you could add a service for buying ingredients, but that seems like it would be a waste, given that there's already an elaborate and fleshed-out system for obtaining ingredients already.

cacogen
 
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:27 am
Byond Username: Cacogen

Re: bar/restaurant tourists feedback

Postby cacogen » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:22 am #593780

Well, regardless of whether it's a waste, based on my experience during one round with no one helping, it's asking too much. Both in terms of multitasking/effort and the time things take to grow. Hydroponics for cooking is simple, but these recipes are involved and time-consuming even with the produce required. I don't find it particularly fun at the moment either. I don't know if you've played it (haven't read the thread) but if you disagree that's fine. It's possible it'll become more bearable the more I do it as I memorise recipes. You can say it's a waste of the system to get produce and other base ingredients dropped in but it doesn't prevent you or other people from doing it, either for cooking or some other purpose. Hydroponics has a lot of applications.

I don't mean to present this as the objectively correct feedback, just what I think based on my experiences playing it for one round.
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this

User avatar
Qustinnus
TGMC Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:30 am
Byond Username: Qustinnus

Re: bar/restaurant tourists feedback

Postby Qustinnus » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:28 am #594019

There was actually already something in the works for this that I requested from Armhulen, the PR for that is open now.

https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/57298

On the note of prices, feel free to open PRs to adjust them, I've had some troubles thinking of the right prices for a lot of things due to me not knowing all of the recipes too well

User avatar
Armhulen
Global Moderator
 
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:30 pm
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: bar/restaurant tourists feedback

Postby Armhulen » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:15 pm #594088

Image

User avatar
pugie
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:41 pm
Byond Username: Doctor Brutality

Re: bar/restaurant tourists feedback

Postby pugie » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:11 am #594409

These are pretty goddamn fun, thanks Floyd.
Image

cacogen
 
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:27 am
Byond Username: Cacogen

Re: bar/restaurant tourists feedback

Postby cacogen » Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:34 pm #594421

I think they should only make the sound when they're complaining instead of constantly because I have PTSD now
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this

User avatar
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
 
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:47 pm
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Re: bar/restaurant tourists feedback

Postby Super Aggro Crag » Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:56 pm #594424

There should be a slavbot so i can borscht and vodka
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Vekter
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:25 pm
Location: Fucking around with the engine.
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: bar/restaurant tourists feedback

Postby Vekter » Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:03 am #594497

carshalash wrote:Some prices are REALLY bad, one of the more annoying ones was champagne just being a 30 when I had to spend over 300 for the bottle.

The fact an assistant smashed the bottle just because also didn't help.


This feels like a good justification to either reduce or completely eliminate booze-o-mat prices for the bartender.
Image
Image
Image


Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you

Kryson
 
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:04 pm
Byond Username: Kryson

Re: bar/restaurant tourists feedback

Postby Kryson » Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:02 pm #594499

Vekter wrote:
carshalash wrote:Some prices are REALLY bad, one of the more annoying ones was champagne just being a 30 when I had to spend over 300 for the bottle.

The fact an assistant smashed the bottle just because also didn't help.


This feels like a good justification to either reduce or completely eliminate booze-o-mat prices for the bartender.



No!

I made champagne expensive for a reason.

It is meant to be a luxury. It won't feel like a luxury if it isn't costing you anything.

cacogen
 
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:27 am
Byond Username: Cacogen

Re: bar/restaurant tourists feedback

Postby cacogen » Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:05 pm #594500

If they're ordering a bottle and paying 10% of what it cost you that's clearly an oversight
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this

User avatar
Qustinnus
TGMC Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:30 am
Byond Username: Qustinnus

Re: bar/restaurant tourists feedback

Postby Qustinnus » Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:18 pm #594501

The price of champagne should increase when sold to tourists, but keep in mind that you only need to serve 20 units

User avatar
Armhulen
Global Moderator
 
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:30 pm
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: bar/restaurant tourists feedback

Postby Armhulen » Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:07 pm #594507

Qustinnus wrote:The price of champagne should increase when sold to tourists, but keep in mind that you only need to serve 20 units

I swear I was getting away with 10, kek
Image

User avatar
pugie
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:41 pm
Byond Username: Doctor Brutality

Re: bar/restaurant tourists feedback

Postby pugie » Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:19 am #594524

These shouldn't be primary source of big bucks for bartender anyways (they have bounties which pay very well and requires interacting with players to some degree), the robots provide a good distraction when no one is forgetting that they aren't playing on Manuel.
Image

cacogen
 
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:27 am
Byond Username: Cacogen

Re: bar/restaurant tourists feedback

Postby cacogen » Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:55 pm #594661

What I would really like to see in the crafting menu is a category-agnostic search bar which exists in the uplink menu. I hate the crafting menu with a passion because of the visual overwhelm, unintuitive or wrong categorisation and how long the categories are. I use CTRL+F as much as possible but you have to use it for each category and it cares about hyphens and things. The other thing, and I don't want to dilute this request, but that would be useful for cooking in particular I think is for recipes with a partial ingredient match to move to the top.
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this

User avatar
Mickyan
Github User
 
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:59 pm
Byond Username: Mickyan
Github Username: Mickyan

Re: bar/restaurant tourists feedback

Postby Mickyan » Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:04 am #594776

The noise and the frequency they spam messages needs a serious toning down, I'm not surprised people keep killing them
ImageI play on Manuel as Swanni, the brain-damaged moth.
Be nice to each other.

User avatar
gum disease
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:14 pm
Location: England
Byond Username: GUM DISEASE

Re: bar/restaurant tourists feedback

Postby gum disease » Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:35 pm #594822

Cutest PR. I love the robots.
Image no aim, smooth brain, i'm a borg main.

User avatar
Qustinnus
TGMC Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:30 am
Byond Username: Qustinnus

Re: bar/restaurant tourists feedback

Postby Qustinnus » Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:44 am #595136

cacogen wrote:What I would really like to see in the crafting menu is a category-agnostic search bar which exists in the uplink menu. I hate the crafting menu with a passion because of the visual overwhelm, unintuitive or wrong categorisation and how long the categories are. I use CTRL+F as much as possible but you have to use it for each category and it cares about hyphens and things. The other thing, and I don't want to dilute this request, but that would be useful for cooking in particular I think is for recipes with a partial ingredient match to move to the top.

this was already being worked on but I'm going to call you a little bitch for pretending your feedback is ignored when every post people have made in this thread has seen a pr to try resolve it.

User avatar
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:17 pm
Location: LANDAN
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Re: bar/restaurant tourists feedback

Postby WineAllWine » Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:39 am #595228

I like this a lot, it's fun.
imo the prices need upping a lot to compete with fulfilling cargo bounties which (at least for the bartender) pay FAR better, but are less fun.

My current gameplay is doing cargo bounties until it gives me a very difficult one, then serving the robo guests while I wait to be able to reroll a cargo bounty

cacogen
 
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:27 am
Byond Username: Cacogen

Re: bar/restaurant tourists feedback

Postby cacogen » Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:48 am #596221

Qustinnus wrote:
cacogen wrote:What I would really like to see in the crafting menu is a category-agnostic search bar which exists in the uplink menu. I hate the crafting menu with a passion because of the visual overwhelm, unintuitive or wrong categorisation and how long the categories are. I use CTRL+F as much as possible but you have to use it for each category and it cares about hyphens and things. The other thing, and I don't want to dilute this request, but that would be useful for cooking in particular I think is for recipes with a partial ingredient match to move to the top.

this was already being worked on but I'm going to call you a little bitch for pretending your feedback is ignored when every post people have made in this thread has seen a pr to try resolve it.

Firstly, if I were you I wouldn't be using little bitch as an insult.

Secondly, several pieces of feedback have been given that are in response to issues still present. For example, the uncompetitive pricing and the incessant nagging/chiming. The crafting menu is still very shitty to navigate, too. Comparatively, I see bartenders getting through their orders very quickly in a way that I imagine is fun and satisfying. I haven't tried it myself yet. Adding a search bar to the crafting menu wouldn't eliminate all the needless tedium and clunkiness of cooking but it'd cut back on a lot of it. If you want to shoot yourself in the foot by leaving your feature too tedious for most cooks to want to do it to spite me then thank you for all that power over you.
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this

User avatar
Qustinnus
TGMC Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:30 am
Byond Username: Qustinnus

Re: bar/restaurant tourists feedback

Postby Qustinnus » Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:15 pm #596236

cacogen wrote:
Qustinnus wrote:
cacogen wrote:What I would really like to see in the crafting menu is a category-agnostic search bar which exists in the uplink menu. I hate the crafting menu with a passion because of the visual overwhelm, unintuitive or wrong categorisation and how long the categories are. I use CTRL+F as much as possible but you have to use it for each category and it cares about hyphens and things. The other thing, and I don't want to dilute this request, but that would be useful for cooking in particular I think is for recipes with a partial ingredient match to move to the top.

this was already being worked on but I'm going to call you a little bitch for pretending your feedback is ignored when every post people have made in this thread has seen a pr to try resolve it.

Firstly, if I were you I wouldn't be using little bitch as an insult.

Secondly, several pieces of feedback have been given that are in response to issues still present. For example, the uncompetitive pricing and the incessant nagging/chiming. The crafting menu is still very shitty to navigate, too. Comparatively, I see bartenders getting through their orders very quickly in a way that I imagine is fun and satisfying. I haven't tried it myself yet. Adding a search bar to the crafting menu wouldn't eliminate all the needless tedium and clunkiness of cooking but it'd cut back on a lot of it. If you want to shoot yourself in the foot by leaving your feature too tedious for most cooks to want to do it to spite me then thank you for all that power over you.


bruh i said we're working on the crafting recipe thing

cacogen
 
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:27 am
Byond Username: Cacogen

Re: bar/restaurant tourists feedback

Postby cacogen » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:44 am #596389

Oh, that's good. I'm sorry, I misinterpreted your post.

Couple of things I've noticed:

1. Players start by placing too many seating placements and become overwhelmed. You quickly learn not to do this. But you'd eliminate that learning curve entirely (as well as the learning curve of knowing you have to place seating placements) by having seating placements begin on the map (instead of being controlled by the player) and having the amount of customers build naturally as orders are fulfilled. My only reference for this type of minigame (that I can remember) is the Lumosity coffee serving game, and with each subsequent level the rate at which orders come in and their complexity increases.

2. The bot waiting at the door chimes every ten seconds, which spams the chat and adds to the overwhelm needlessly.
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this

User avatar
Qustinnus
TGMC Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:30 am
Byond Username: Qustinnus

Re: bar/restaurant tourists feedback

Postby Qustinnus » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:32 pm #596417

cacogen wrote:Oh, that's good. I'm sorry, I misinterpreted your post.

Couple of things I've noticed:

1. Players start by placing too many seating placements and become overwhelmed. You quickly learn not to do this. But you'd eliminate that learning curve entirely (as well as the learning curve of knowing you have to place seating placements) by having seating placements begin on the map (instead of being controlled by the player) and having the amount of customers build naturally as orders are fulfilled. My only reference for this type of minigame (that I can remember) is the Lumosity coffee serving game, and with each subsequent level the rate at which orders come in and their complexity increases.

2. The bot waiting at the door chimes every ten seconds, which spams the chat and adds to the overwhelm needlessly.



i don't like the idea of seats being locked, I can however make it so you can unlock more seats through the service achievements.

User avatar
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:26 pm
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Re: bar/restaurant tourists feedback

Postby MisterPerson » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:17 am #596488

You can cap it so you only have 3 seats at the start and unlock more as you serve more guests. This'll annoy extreme powergamers but frankly I think the gains for newbies not creating too many seats is probably worth it. Also who doesn't like the idea of the portal going "Congratulations! Your restaurant has upgraded to 2 stars. You may now place 5 seats. Get back to work."
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter


Return to Coding Feedback

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bdudy