RESTORE NAR-SIE TO FORMER GLORY.

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

RESTORE NAR-SIE TO FORMER GLORY.

Post by callanrockslol » #67272

Return homing black hole, it was awesome and much more fun to try and survive against than these harvesters, the station doesn't even get ripped to shreds anymore.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
Bombadil
Byond Username: Kromgar

Re: RESTORE NAR-SIE TO FORMER GLORY.

Post by Bombadil » #67280

It is kind of dull. Now. Harvesters arn't that interesting they can't even kill people to drag to nar'sie perhaps the 9 who summoned nar'sie become harvesters with the ability to ram people to death and magic missile and can then run to nar'sie
Planet Station Best Station

Vote Planetstation and Kor Phaeron 2017
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #67291

I think he just needs to be sped up so he can eat the entire station faster and he's more of a threat. Nar'sie is meant to be game over, and near impossible to escape unless you jump out of the station.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #67386

No, lag'sie was awful.
Bombadil

Post by Bombadil » #67414

Well you could remove the tile replacing mechanic.

Or perhaps have the mechanic be scripted to happen faster. Like center of station starts corrupting and as long as nar'sie has been summoned it keeps growing outwards from the center more and more.

It would start at grav gen and just keep growing while nar'sie moves super fast and gibs people

Maybe have each room get cultified instead if thats easier

Atticat
Byond Username: Atticat

Post by Atticat » #67431

I'd much rather if the 9 original summoners were transformed into horrible and OP beasts of death and destruction. Currently your reward for summoning the dark lord is being an incredibly lame harvester like all your victims. Makes me want to avoid the summoner circle if it can be helped...

Bae says, "IM starting to think Zeela is just an meme character that the admins have come up with to only piss everybody off"
ExplosiveCrate
Byond Username: ExplosiveCrate

Post by ExplosiveCrate » #67585

Do the paralyzing farts still work with the chem overhaul? Haven't seen a cult round in a while.
i dont even know what the context for my signature was
Bombadil

Post by Bombadil » #67588

ExplosiveCrate wrote:Do the paralyzing farts still work with the chem overhaul? Haven't seen a cult round in a while.
IT doesnt do shit most of the time since they already have internals :silentman:

Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #67594

I think Nar sie now is a fun and unique way to end the round. The swarm is pretty scary as a group and I always find the teamwork that arises from being a weak fast infinitely respawning creature is fun as fuck.

It calls the shuttle with a three minute timer and ends in chaos as cult chat erupts into screaming the location of desperately hiding humies.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Bombadil

Post by Bombadil » #67602

Stickymayhem wrote:I think Nar sie now is a fun and unique way to end the round. The swarm is pretty scary as a group and I always find the teamwork that arises from being a weak fast infinitely respawning creature is fun as fuck.

It calls the shuttle with a three minute timer and ends in chaos as cult chat erupts into screaming the location of desperately hiding humies.
The swarm can't do anything but fart gas they can't attack anything its kind of boring

mikecari
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Mikecari

Post by mikecari » #67610

Bombadil wrote: The swarm can't do anything but fart gas they can't attack anything its kind of boring
This, maybe turn the players who summoned him into mini Nar'sies, that can fly around and corrupt people?
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #67630

You can attack as harvesters. Five of the fuckers spraying you blind with gas and pounding you is always effective. Besides, you can click on nar sie to respawn so they are effectively immortal too.

I wouldn't be against something crazier happening but I'd hate the swarm to be removed.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #67654

Violaceus wrote:btw there should be some notification for ghosts that they can click on Nar'Sie to become harvesters fart-machines, I found it accidentally.

Actually, there is, but it always gets hidden from all the messages in say/coms that always follow the big bold red NAR'SIE HAS RISEN! message.

Edit, oh, it doesn't say click:

NAR-SIE HAS RISEN
Nar-Sie has risen in the arrival shuttle. Reach out to the Geometer to be given a new shell for your soul.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
capi duffman
Byond Username: Capi duffman

Post by capi duffman » #67764

I think the NAR-SIE summoning and the later hunting is quite scary if you're a survivor. And surviving the whole time and escaping feels good.
Bombadil

Post by Bombadil » #67788

Stickymayhem wrote:You can attack as harvesters. Five of the fuckers spraying you blind with gas and pounding you is always effective. Besides, you can click on nar sie to respawn so they are effectively immortal too.

I wouldn't be against something crazier happening but I'd hate the swarm to be removed.
They don't attack they have an attack similar to being ian where they just nudge you.

I have never seen someone die from harvesters attempting to attack them instead they get thrown out of airlock to be killed

Pennwick

Post by Pennwick » #67838

Harvester does 1-5. Not enough to down anyone on their own but the mass on the shuttle can easily take someone down if theres only a few left.