Thermomachine rework (freezers and heaters)

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Ghilker
Byond Username: Ghilker

Thermomachine rework (freezers and heaters)

Post by Ghilker » #596489

Leave your feedback/ideas/comment/death threats here about Oh my god what appened to the freezers
Critawakets
Byond Username: CRITAWAKETS

Re: Thermomachine rework (freezers and heaters)

Post by Critawakets » #596512

This was merged wayyyyy too early. If someone just opens an airlock/ignites a plasma tile and gets the scrubbers to do their job, unless atmos went through the trouble of making both a freezer and heater for waste, then good luck using the entire waste system anymore. If its too cold, pressure imbalances make it impossible to do shit as an atmosian. If its too hot, wuh-woh, scrubbers are clogged basically forever.
am gud enineering
scrungo
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #596582

I've recieved a few complaint/questions about how this thermomachine has made toxins inoperable on some maps, but I'm not a fucking nerd so I don't know in what way
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
PwntQ
Byond Username: PwntQ

Post by PwntQ » #596882

Freezers deleting heat was fine. Is this more 'realisitc'? Maybe but what if it is? This is not a realistic game. Its a game thats supposed to be fun. This change adds nothing of value and only serves to increase complexity for the sake of complexity. Freezers worked fine before and were not broken, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

I see zero pro's to this change and only con's.

Edit: From trying to argue with Ghiker about this on discord, this is apparently a step in introducing a new heat engine system and not the actual reason he put for making this change.

Code: Select all

freezers now don't delete heat
This is putting the cart before the horse. Introduce the system as a whole instead of trying to shoehorn it into piece by piece which impacts the current already functional system negatively.