Arrivals shuttle atmos

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Arrivals shuttle atmos

Post by wesoda25 » #600353

Arriving to have the shuttles atmos be fucked happens way too often, although it really shouldn’t happen ever.

Is there a reason it doesn’t have static atmos? A perimeter of tinyfans? Obviously these aren’t especially gracious solutions, but is there really anything that justifies being round removed before you’re given a chance to interact with the round?
[this space reserved]
legoscape
Byond Username: Legoscape

Re: Arrivals shuttle atmos

Post by legoscape » #600356

Yes I highly aprove
:shades:
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #600381

Yeah, pretty much. Arriving to "Oh, I guess I don't get to actually interact because I can't actually survive to get to a safe place" isn't great. Not common, but not really something that should ever happen, ideally.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #600385

lol make it so if it detects the atmos is messed up you can get really dorky looking eva suits
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #600386

Don't use tinyfans, they make it even more impossible to fix the atmos after it is messed up.

I suggest putting an actual tank of air with a vent on the shuttle.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #600387

Can't the inside of the shuttle be made completely impervious to hazards? Arrivals needs to have some built-in spawn protection aside from policy protection.

legoscape
Byond Username: Legoscape

Post by legoscape » #600400

Agux909 wrote:Can't the inside of the shuttle be made completely impervious to hazards? Arrivals needs to have some built-in spawn protection aside from policy protection.
Well, The shuttle itself respawns once damaged unless there are people staying on it. Plus I would abuse the shit out of built-in spawn protection to tell the entire story of Kawaii Andy.
:honkman:
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #600410

teh arrivals shuttle is supposed to respawn
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #600411

legoscape wrote:
Agux909 wrote:Can't the inside of the shuttle be made completely impervious to hazards? Arrivals needs to have some built-in spawn protection aside from policy protection.
Well, The shuttle itself respawns once damaged unless there are people staying on it. Plus I would abuse the shit out of built-in spawn protection to tell the entire story of Kawaii Andy.
:honkman:
No you don't get what I mean. I mean more like a coded protection. Oxygen in the shuttle is infinite but can only exist contained within its limits, pressure is also static and can't be changed, if you open a plasma can inside the plasma simply gets deleted as if you were opening it on space, etc. But I have no idea if these can be implemented in spaghettiyond.

Also, doesn't matter what kind of protection you get from arrivals, if you do WGW in it you are exempting yourself for the protection already.
oranges wrote:teh arrivals shuttle is supposed to respawn
Does it respawn in any of the cases I mentioned up there? Or only if it's physically damaged? Ie: a broken window.

wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #600419

I'm not sure if the problem is that the respawn doesn't address atmos but I was under the impression that it did. Respawn only works when it's given a chance to respawn though.

A good amount of time it's when you spawn in and the shuttle is still on the station, and it's either the doors or a smashed window that's at fault.
[this space reserved]
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #600423

We could totally reset its atmos when it leaves the station, maybe we just need to make the "broken" detector better
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #600472

I've often wondered why the shuttle can be breached or why players can re-enter it.
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW: