Abductor Traumas: They gotta go.

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
carshalash
Byond Username: Carshalash

Abductor Traumas: They gotta go.

Post by carshalash » #618436

Earlier this year I made a pr which made it so that the traumas given by abductors could be cured much more easily, my intention for this was to discourage people rushing to medbay for surgery after being abducted. It was quickly shut down due to everyone but me being cringe, I have decided to reignite this discussion here involving traumas.

The trauma encourages people to rush to medbay to get their brain damage fixed, while under the knife the doctors will just remove the organ as it's obvious they'll have a Xeno organ in them. This discourages people roleplaying not knowing they were abducted. The traumas aren't fun for the abductor or abductee, I went for the softer method of nerfing the intensity of the traumas when I honestly wanted to just outright remove them.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Re: Abductor Traumas: They gotta go.

Post by wesoda25 » #618497

Earlier this year I made a pr which made it so that the traumas given by abductors could be cured much more easily, my intention for this was to discourage people rushing to medbay for surgery after being abducted.
How does this make any sense?
[this space reserved]
Noodlecat
Byond Username: Noodlecat

Post by Noodlecat » #618502

The abductor trauma thing is the least fun one

Example of good abductor organ that you can actually rp around: mindshock gland, this one is really fun, i spent a while as a qm having a mental breakdown(ic of course) over the fact that whenever i got a headache people around me suffered, when i went into medbay to get meds for the headache it activated and killed two people with high brain damage(brain rot virus also happening). Another good one for the “what the fuck is happening to me” vibe is the quantum gland and electric gland.
Blood gland is straight up the funniest shit ever, nothing beats going to medbay and discovering you have a blood type of cyanide.

However the trauma one is an example of a bad organ, little to no rp opportunities(brain traumas right now are in such a bad state for any rp, i am looking at you phobias with your shitty mechanics) and you immediately go to med to get it removed because fuck the trauma gland nobody likes the trauma gland fuck that thing
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #618512

yeah traumas suck
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #618542

It's also basically impossible to escape being dragged into treatment the moment a Medical Doctor scans you and the harder you try to weasel out of it, the more suspicious they get about it.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #618548

carshalash wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:54 pm Earlier this year I made a pr which made it so that the traumas given by abductors could be cured much more easily, my intention for this was to discourage people rushing to medbay for surgery after being abducted. It was quickly shut down due to everyone but me being cringe, I have decided to reignite this discussion here involving traumas.

The trauma encourages people to rush to medbay to get their brain damage fixed, while under the knife the doctors will just remove the organ as it's obvious they'll have a Xeno organ in them. This discourages people roleplaying not knowing they were abducted. The traumas aren't fun for the abductor or abductee, I went for the softer method of nerfing the intensity of the traumas when I honestly wanted to just outright remove them.
replace it with something!
carshalash
Byond Username: Carshalash

Post by carshalash » #618573

Armhulen wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:55 pm
carshalash wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:54 pm Earlier this year I made a pr which made it so that the traumas given by abductors could be cured much more easily, my intention for this was to discourage people rushing to medbay for surgery after being abducted. It was quickly shut down due to everyone but me being cringe, I have decided to reignite this discussion here involving traumas.

replace it with something!
Fine. Let me figure out how mapping works and I'll implement an organ grower so abductors have the option of frankensteining shit.
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #618791

While we're on the topic of Abductors, why don't they know what the organs do in-game?
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #618883

datorangebottle wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:10 pm While we're on the topic of Abductors, why don't they know what the organs do in-game?
The scientist abductor can examine them to see which one they are
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
Annihilite111
Byond Username: Annihilite

Post by Annihilite111 » #639450

wesoda25 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:33 pm
Earlier this year I made a pr which made it so that the traumas given by abductors could be cured much more easily, my intention for this was to discourage people rushing to medbay for surgery after being abducted.
How does this make any sense?
I don't necessarily agree with the method but the thought is that people won't have their ayy organ removed as often if they don't go to medical to remove the trauma.

On another note, by trauma you guys mean the brainwashing right? Isn't that literally against the rules to actively get removed since a brainwashed person can't question the brainwashing?
Ziiro
Byond Username: Ziiro
Github Username: Ziiro

Post by Ziiro » #639868

XDTM wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:07 am
datorangebottle wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:10 pm While we're on the topic of Abductors, why don't they know what the organs do in-game?
Always give the clown ventcrawling
Annihilite111
Byond Username: Annihilite

Post by Annihilite111 » #639926

Ziiro wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 11:34 pm
XDTM wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:07 am
Always give the clown ventcrawling
Or innate AA.
The spider gland is also FUN. Pair it with a hypnotic suggestion that turns them into a broodmother for maximum memes