A short rant on why medical resurrection in ss13 makes no god damn sense.

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Re: A short rant on why medical resurrection in ss13 makes no god damn sense.

Post by Pandarsenic » #620696

Bottom post of the previous page:

careful, coders might actually do that because of the belief that interdepartmental dependency is good
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
BlevRuz
Byond Username: BlevRuz

Post by BlevRuz » #621015

Farquaar wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:10 pm I should also add that now that we have 24/7 dynamic, cloned sec officers who don't get re-implanted have a chance of being traitors, which could add some spice to the game.
this is an excellent one. syndicate using their legally binding mind interface contract beams to have unformed clones sign away their freedom.
plays as Argon CVI, Sleigherburgo D'Fuckreby and Dr Hambold P. Qumer, PhD. on terry and manuel
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #621083

Cobby wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:09 am
Armhulen wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:59 pm
terranaut wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:23 pm bring back cloning
convince me with a document
Cloning design wise must

1. Require the body
2. Require actively working on the patient
3. Acknowledge the existing methods of resurrection and work in a way that either fairly competes or paves its own (which may require editing the balance of some of the other methods).

If you can draft up a document that navigates through those 3 things and still ends up being cloning be my guest, but otherwise its getting blocked.

I could MAYBE be sold on 1 being malleable if you were going to sell me on the fact that you would not see cloning on most rounds or something where the feature is not expected to be in every round on a practical level.
Cloning becomes a end-game circuit that allows you to play the geneticism mini-game on bodies in the cloner. But instead of unlocking new powers or mutations, you just gain 25% progress on the cloning bar for each randomized puzzle you solve. Solve 4 of them and you can pop out a new person. If you do a poor job and use too many "jokers" they come out more half-baked. Like without limbs, with severe genetic damage, and with negative mutations/traumas. (Thus needing even more work, to the point where it'd of been faster to just do revival surgery, then clone + surgery)
► Show Spoiler