Tint

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Re: Tint

Post by NecromancerAnne » #622372

Bottom post of the previous page:

But you don't need a gas mask to avoid atmospheric gases, you just need any breath mask at all. Everyone spawns with one in their internals box. They're free in emergency internals lockers.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #622376

I only care about sec gas masks so i can cuss at people

Dont nerf them only nerf other ones.
BlueMemesauce
Byond Username: BlueMemesauce

Post by BlueMemesauce » #622390

The main point of tint is so that less crewmembers will be walking around being pepper-proof. Many other masks that are not being nerfed already conceal your identity, and literally everyone has a breath mask and oxygen tank in their backpack. Gas masks being pepper-proof was the main thing that sets them apart from the other masks. Therefore the main reason for the tint was to buff pepper-spray.

However buffing pepper-spray failed miserably because now sec gas masks no longer are pepper-proof. Why would security ever use pepper-spray now? Pepper-spray was hard enough to even hit your target with already, and now you have to worry about not hitting yourself or your fellow security officers.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #622392

I don't see many people walking around with gas masks on to begin with. The exception is if it's part of their job (atmospheric technician's gas mask, sechailer) or part of their character (I've seen this with exactly one person). It's always been a very conspicuous way to conceal your identity. There are more subtle ways to go about that.

If you want to buff pepperspray then make it so it moves faster or you can target them with it directly if you're adjacent to them (assuming it doesn't already work like this, I never bother with it).
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #622477

the only thing i like about the whole gas mask nerf is that you can't as easily hide that you have secHUDs/glasses anymore. but yeah this is just ghilker trying to atmos powergame and i guess maintainers got tricked into thinking about pepperspray or the new FoV tech (which is kinda cool ngl).

anyhow, everyone in this thread owes me 5 moffins if ghilker opens up his 500th Removes Internal Boxes PR within 3 months bcuz of this
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)

Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #622518

oranges asked for the pr first before it opened, whether or not ghilker has other motives is not important, but its certainly not about being "tricked"
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #622521

^^^ tricked maintainer, tricked by atmos tricks from the atmos grinch trick book
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)

Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #622524

?
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #622537

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:24 pm I only care about sec gas masks so i can cuss at people

Dont nerf them only nerf other ones.
Special gas masks (Sec yelling, Welding gas mask from Research, Atmospherics gas mask for AtmoTechs) should have normal tint/FoV/etc., since they're already special and limited in access rather than being freely available to basically everyone.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #622593

you don't need to reply to flatulent, it is painfully obvious they do not know what they are talking about.