Why can't non-humans gain more racial mutations?

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Why can't non-humans gain more racial mutations?

Post by Shadowflame909 » #623977

I was browsing old github PRs, and saw a PR for making the monkey variant of lizards get denied. Multiple times in the comments, it was stated that the maintainers do not want more sub-species, and just wanted it to be a reskin. Ultimately, the PR got shutdown because it was deemed valueless.

This reminded me of another PR, where cat-girls would have gotten wolverine claws, but that as a mutation was too shutdown because catgirls should be a reskin only, and not an actual race.

These days, we have a multitude of different races, and with Ethereals and Plasma-Men specifically, they have their own racial uniqueness.

Why is it maintainably advisable to keep the races the same genetic wise, but have uniqueness in other areas?

I don't get it.
► Show Spoiler
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Why can't non-humans gain more racial mutations?

Post by oranges » #624116

Because i'm sick and tired of everything to do with felinids and lizards so mostly am content to just let them rot into irrelevance because we cannot remove them.
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #624141

oranges wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:13 pm Because i'm sick and tired of everything to do with felinids and lizards so mostly am content to just let them rot into irrelevance because we cannot remove them.
Seems like an unhealthy way to solve a problem. Then again, what else are you gonna do, make another policy thread?
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #624185

it's only unhealthy for the people who play them.