Undo the post-Revs experiment

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
The Wrench
Byond Username: The Wrench

Undo the post-Revs experiment

Post by The Wrench » #624904

As we can see, the post-Revs experience hasn’t been that great from an administration point of view (Dear god the triangle), and from a players point of view it isn’t that great either. Granted I don’t have the data on hand, but a majority of rev victory shifts, the station is in poor shape, you have quite a few round removed players, and the threat regenerated from the revs win doesn’t end up getting used. The shuttle ends up getting called, and then we have 10 minutes of just waiting to leave. What I propose here is we either go back to the old status quo of ending the shift on a revs win, or force an automatic 5 minutes shuttle call (recallable if the players choose to do so.)
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player

Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Re: Undo the post-Revs experiment

Post by Pandarsenic » #624906

yes
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #624910

You have never rolled nukie and watched the round end in 17 minutes after declaring war
It would be even worse now with prog traitors. Surprise roundend revs isn't an option.
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #624911

It should do a time skip like oranges said. Repair the station, revive dead crew members, but every head of staff and sec officer are spawned in perma wearing prisoner gear.

Laughter demon code almost works like this when they die.
► Show Spoiler
The Wrench

Post by The Wrench » #624912

Shadowflame909 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:22 am It should do a time skip as oranges said. Repair the station, revive dead crew members, but every head of staff and sec officer are spawned in Perma wearing prisoner gear.
That would work too, but I know the current status quo doesn't work. It leads to worse quality shifts Post-revs victory and massive administrative issues on who is an antagonist and who isn't.
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player

Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #624942

This is not a config, and thus this is the wrong place for this feedback, as head admins have no way to act on it (especially the bit about making the shuttle auto call).

I have already given head admins a clear doc of things they can use to improve post-round revs, backed up with data on the last survey that I put out to gather feedback. I have thus far gotten no response.
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #624943

Post-revs is like an afterparty. No one wants to clean up, so they hit the reset button.

Since we are leaning into a longer "progression based" gamemodes, this should be disincentivized. Either through policy or code. It's just kind of messy overall.
► Show Spoiler
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer

Post by Mothblocks » #624946

There are two things being talked about right now.

One is post-revolution victories, which is what my doc that explicitly details potential policy changes is about. Post-rev victories are fairly confusing, I can admit that of course, that's why I did the survey that seeked to determine the source of the confusion, and how to resolve it.

The other is post-head victories, which you might not realize you are talking about, but you are when you say things like this:
Post-revs is like an afterparty. No one wants to clean up, so they hit the reset button.
Or to be more specific, you include post-head victories in statements like these.

People did not have a problem with post-head victories not ending the round, which was how it worked since Dynamic was first implemented.
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.

Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #624947

No I get that. But you don't want to go back to doing your job after going all unga bunga on the head of staff and security team either.
► Show Spoiler
iain0
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Iain0

Post by iain0 » #624953

My dislike of the game mode is its frequency, there are every few weeks a night where between shift start and late join provocateur there will be 4 out of 5 rounds during prime time with a revolutionary event in them. Such a grind never getting to just do what I signed on for (CMO).

Is this a good place to propose reducing the frequency too? Not sure if that falls under policy.

But otherwise, as many have said, the station is usually pretty trashed, departments are lacking staff, medical may struggle, and a whole bunch of people have been practically or permanently round removed. It's so much easier to start over than it is to try get anything working again, and it feels like a basic courtesy to the casualties of the mode, which regularly hit a good half of the crew or more, whichever side wins. I actually use the measure of global death on the portable crew monitor as an indicator of revs, how far through the events we likely are, and as a reason to call the shuttle before the revolution is even concluded, so it's just ready to go in 3 minutes once its all over, and all the dead who have been watching the game mode drag out (which it often does) can get back into it rather than.... what, another hour of a normal round (for everyone else, and maybe you'll get a 'spawn' in half an hour, be that silicon or revival. or maybe you wont) after? meh.

Only times thats really viable is when the whole thing gets squashed very fast, which occasionally happens in both directions, but is far from the "typical case".
Sylphet
Byond Username: Sylphet

Post by Sylphet » #624960

Adam Klein wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:04 am As we can see, the post-Revs experience hasn’t been that great from an administration point of view (Dear god the triangle), and from a players point of view it isn’t that great either.
If you need a flowchart to play a game mode, it's bad. The flowchart is one of the most overcomplicated and inaccessible pieces of policy that we have and it's ridiculous to expect players to memorise that and play perfectly around it on such a high chaos mode. If revs roll and lose/win before shuttle lockout expires, it should reroll a new antag. If revs win/lose after shuttle lockout, it should end the round.
Tell me how much you think that I should be thrown out of the nearest airlock !
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 37&t=27175
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #624964

I'm making a judgement call to move this to coding feedback, there isn't any configuration to kill post-revs headmins can do
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer

Post by Mothblocks » #624965

If revs roll and lose/win before shuttle lockout expires, it should reroll a new antag.
Revs winning already adds 20 threat into the round.

Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #624975

If the post revs isn't working then it isn't working.

The result of Mothblocks poll was tha if you take the number of people who gave a confident answer, it generally tended to lead but with the number of people answering wrong just behind it.

I would argue that it has failed if in some cases 44% of players confidently gave the wrong answer. Even if you take the troll tax out of that, the leftover is still a significant number of players that don't get it.

Post revs win should be more fun than the shift just ending. I question whether it makes the game more fun as it stands.

It should not be overly burdensome to the administration.

It is not the duty of the admin team to implement policy for any feature. Sometimes they work policy around features, sometimes they don't.

If your feature requires new policy that doesn't fit nicely within existing policy, you should be working with the admin team to create a workable and happy compromise. Ideally before your feature goes live, because a feature that relies on its own policy that doesn't get its own policy is dead in the water (see: families)

In addition, the headmins are unlikely to entrench something in policy if the admin team doesn't like it.

Tl;dr - Look at whether the post revs goals are even something the players want and the admins want. If they're not, no research doc that says "solve this with policy.json" will make the problem go away. If they are, figure out why the headmin team are not implementing your policy changes.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer

Post by Mothblocks » #624978

If your feature requires new policy that doesn't fit nicely within existing policy, you should be working with the admin team to create a workable and happy compromise. Ideally before your feature goes live, because a feature that relies on its own policy that doesn't get its own policy is dead in the water (see: families)
I ran test merges (authorized by you if I remember right, even) in part to figure out what confusions people had on policy and who they could and could not attack. I went out of my way to ask admins if anyone was confused, and did not get any concerns that come to memory until after the PR was merged and given time to settle.

The design doc does not say "fix it with policy.json". It literally outlines an entire policy proposal to kill the triangle mentioned in this thread, with the data that explicitly points to it being more understandable. policy.json editing is proposed as one possible solution.
If they are, figure out why the headmin team are not implementing your policy changes.
Because the head admin team is three people over worked with a billion jobs in order to try and keep a playerbase of thousands not angry. At least one head admin has told me they were planning to read it, I've poked the group as a whole a few times, but I'm not surprised they haven't made the time to look at it.

BrianBackslide
Byond Username: BrianBackslide

Post by BrianBackslide » #624980

There's been plenty of rounds where the "revs have been defeated" announcement pops up and everyone gives a "wait, we had revs?" take.

Imagine if the round just randomly ended.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #624981

Mothblocks wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:29 am I ran test merges (authorized by you if I remember right, even) in part to figure out what confusions people had on policy and who they could and could not attack. I went out of my way to ask admins if anyone was confused, and did not get any concerns that come to memory until after the PR was merged and given time to settle.

The design doc does not say "fix it with policy.json". It literally outlines an entire policy proposal to kill the triangle mentioned in this thread, with the data that explicitly points to it being more understandable. policy.json editing is proposed as one possible solution.
I have supported the testmerging of lots of things.

Testmerges don't exhaustively find problems due to their transient nature, but they are really good at highlighting obvious oversights and superficial problems. If I greenlit any testmerges, it would be to discover if it had the potential to work.

Post-revs win not ending has the potential to work in that a shift is drawn to a natural conclusion. Whether it's better than drawing the shift to an unnatural concusion is a different question entirely.

The players seem confused and the feature is contentious among them. The admins seem confused and the feature is contentious among them too.

I don't think it works, I don't think the current triangle policy works or is fun either.

From the document:
Mothblocks wrote: Presently, the “triangle” forms based on confusion on who can kill head of staff/security. Polling results show that a large amount of people believe the crew are allowed to kill, though the policy so far has said that they cannot. Letting crew kill head of staff/security maps properly on to all current goals, though care must be taken with regards to mindshielded players.
I don't think this policy proposal that suggests if the players can't follow the policy, we just change the policy to make what the players are doing allowed is going to be any better. I believe the reality is it'll create 4 factions in a policy square:

Sec to ex-revs (can kill), non-rev crew (changed to can kill?) and mindshielded crew (????)
Ex-revs to sec (can kill), non-rev crew (cannot kill) and mindshielded crew (????)
Non-rev crew to ex-revs (cannot kill), sec (changed to can kill) and mindshielded crew (????)
Mindshielded crew to sec (cannot kill?), non-rev crew (????), ex-revs (????)

You can say that non-rev crew are all now equivalent to ex-revs, but they haven't been converted. It makes no sense for a player to suddenly be aligned with the revs out of nowhere. It is going to cause more confusion as players find themselves converted to revs out of nowhere. I don't think this is any more fun or would work any better.

I believe these policy issues are also secondary to other discussions about how and when and if to draw the shift to a conclusion. Code alternatives are not mutually exclusive to policy alternatives. Except of course for immediately ending the round, which requires no policy discussion because it removes the scenario where the policy applies.

The need for a workable post-revs win policy will continue to be a thing as long as post-revs win shifts continue, whether a shuttle is auto called (the players still have to play out the rest of the shift until the shuttle arrives) or an ERT is called (who is valid to the ERT? Policy pentagon!).

I think the harder that Revs-win not to draw the shift to a forced conclusion is forced, the more complicated and obtuse it's becoming.

For the record, I believe an automatic shuttle call with a pre-hijacked shuttle that takes the crew direct to the syndicate base would give an opportunity for all antags to tie up any loose ends and draw the shift to a reasonable conclusion. I think this would be a better alternative to immediately ending the shift and a compromise from the surviving crew having discretion on if, when and how to call.

But it's also important to ask all the following questions:

Is post-revs even something players enjoy? Do ex-revs enjoy it? Do mindshielded crew enjoy it? Do non-mindshielded crew enjoy it? Do heads/sec enjoy it? Are the admins happy with it?

The answers provide important context to inform the whether to keep the feature and if it is kept, how to adjust it to maximise overall enjoyment.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #624982

My experience is that, if heads win, things go back to normal-ish. It happens to have a huge body count of people who probably won't be revived, massive property damage, and it probably generally fucks up every department... but it's playable.

If revs win, the round is utterly irrevocably fucked and NOT playable. Nobody knows who was on whose side, who's allowed to kill who, who's going to come try to get revenge on you or whether they are allowed to try, etc.

Addendum: also nothing usually gets done after because everything got turned upside down during the revolution.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #625070

post rev is legitimately bad
Valorium
Byond Username: Valorium

Post by Valorium » #625218

Post-revs is at best a convoluted mess of confused violence and dchat salt, and that’s if people don’t immediately call the shuttle and go home anyway. The lack of clarity as to who is what and what purpose they serve in the remainder of the round, and the fact that 90% of the time, people are so desperate not to bother with post-revs such that they instantly red alert call the shuttle, should be an indication that it’s not enjoyed. At the very least, immediately red-alert call the shuttle as soon as revs win. Let them rename the station and do a little bit of “yay the workers rose up” RP, then shut it down so as little damage is inflicted as possible. At most? End the round. If you couldn’t get your objectives done during the utter chaos and bunkering of revs, then you probably weren’t with the 8 minutes more you’ll have after they win.
Native Manuellian and Shiptest admin. Ignore me.

Also the author of several drone adventures.
The Wrench

Post by The Wrench » #625219

So what direction would you all like to take Revs in the future. We’ve all heard oranges soft meme idea, but does anyone else have an idea that appeases both mothblocks and the rest of the community?

Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #625253

Adam Klein wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:43 pm So what direction would you all like to take Revs in the future. We’ve all heard oranges soft meme idea, but does anyone else have an idea that appeases both mothblocks and the rest of the community?
I think it should be some sort of active event, perhaps a randomly selected scenario. Nanotrasen gives a way for loyalists to try to escape while the revolutionaries try to stop them and send them to the gulag, the space capitalism party could assault the station, something to keep the revolutionaries together under a single goal. Current post revs is just anarchy.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
GamerAndYeahMick
Byond Username: GamerAndYeahMick

Post by GamerAndYeahMick » #625283

problem with oranges idea is that you can metagame who the antagonist is, it should random name the next round
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #625737

NT nukes the station rather than letting it fall into the hands of the workers; round ends
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #625738

I still don't know why just autocalling-norecall the shuttle afterwards isn't fine
bastardblaster
Byond Username: BastardBlaster

Post by bastardblaster » #625752

reasoning mothblocks had was that players ought to decide when to end the round, rather than the game, IIRC

Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #625787

I just realized cult already had a solution to this.

The round ends when the cultists win. Because the station is irrevocably damaged and will never be the same. (centcomm nukes it best case scenario for the crew)

The round either continues or the crew decides to end it when they win.

Just do the same for revs. Rev-Heads cannot create order like Crew-Heads, because all the head of staff gear is elsewhere and there are other sinister foes lurking around (traitors, heretics, lings, etc) Thus the round should end upon rev-head victory because it is no longer a playable game of SS13.
► Show Spoiler
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #625791

ardentarclight wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:03 am reasoning mothblocks had was that players ought to decide when to end the round, rather than the game, IIRC
Yeah but they did when they won their objective
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #626572

BrianBackslide wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:31 pm There's been plenty of rounds where the "revs have been defeated" announcement pops up and everyone gives a "wait, we had revs?" take.

Imagine if the round just randomly ended.
I think most people are suggesting that a revs lose would not end the round, only a revs victory should end the round

Timber is, as usual, bang on the money, a revs victory should end the round

The idea of "resetting" the round, which while seems sensible, why not just actually reset it, a revs victory should end the round

Sure we could make some sort of cool event, and that would be admirable and good. But in the meantime a revs victory should end the round.

A REVS VICTORY SHOULD END THE ROUND
Ryusenshu
Byond Username: Ryusenshu

Post by Ryusenshu » #626603

Rev Victory should end in red alert unrecallable shuttle
Head win should continue

thats how its played most of the time anyway

edit:
i had a interesting post rev experience when i, as borg, smuggled the RD and a seccie onto the shuttle, fake ids, clothes and all
seeing it fully gone, would be kinda sad

Something like, enabling rev hud for everyone might make post revs more interesting
Striders13
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Striders13

Post by Striders13 » #626616

Had a fun time as post-rev secoff once, when I had to defend hos' body and then sneak around the station with a shitty disguise trying to get defib for the body.

Still, I don't think it's fun for the majority of players in the post-rev round so autoshuttle would be good.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #627161

Havent been in many post-rev rounds "on the ground", but it was confusing to watch when it happened as a ghost.

I think its important to point out though that towards the lower end of the popscaling for rev, a revolution can end/win very suddenly and early in the round, and that given our shift to longer dynamic rounds the case of "What if the revs fail/win without anyone else noticing?" does need to at least be considered.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Ryusenshu
Byond Username: Ryusenshu

Post by Ryusenshu » #627207

Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:03 pm Havent been in many post-rev rounds "on the ground", but it was confusing to watch when it happened as a ghost.

I think its important to point out though that towards the lower end of the popscaling for rev, a revolution can end/win very suddenly and early in the round, and that given our shift to longer dynamic rounds the case of "What if the revs fail/win without anyone else noticing?" does need to at least be considered.
I was Solo head rev as QM once (Late join/Sybil)
Right as i was starting up to arm myself with guns, a murderboner came in and killed me
Revolution ended
I had flashed no one
I had less impact on that round than the murderboner

So i know that ending a round like that might be weird since i was unable to actually do anything
Maybe make it a scaling thing with % converted? Different Outcomes?
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #627484

Shadowflame909 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:22 am It should do a time skip like oranges said. Repair the station, revive dead crew members, but every head of staff and sec officer are spawned in perma wearing prisoner gear.

Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #627487

The problem is trying to maneuver from "revs are antags" to WINNING as revs being "sorry you are no longer antag BUT you kinda still are".

It would frankly make more sense for the revs to mechanically stay a rev and just continue letting them convert/kill at their leisure, as on a policy level this is what causes the most confusion/hesitancy/whatever.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #627497

oranges wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:50 am
Shadowflame909 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:22 am It should do a time skip like oranges said. Repair the station, revive dead crew members, but every head of staff and sec officer are spawned in perma wearing prisoner gear.

This would be quite impressive if it were possible. I know build mode can return turfs to how they were roundstart, but it's very slow. You'd need quite a detailed system if you wanted to repair damage and clean mess without completely resetting things to how they were roundstart, which would undo player progress.
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #627556

How about making it so post-revs turns the round into a free-for-all anarchy?

This would make all the problems about factions go away, just as the headaches for players and admins alike. Once revs win, everyone gains the same status, and can do anything to anyone. Crew, ex-crew, ex-revs, ex-sec, mindshielded, etc. all receive a solo antag license. Kind of a glorified roundend grief, but on-station.

This would let people turn the station upside-down into whatever the fuck they want, and chaos would ensue (which imo fits a successful revolution on a space station pretty good)

People can team up, make new factions, try becoming new authorities, murderbone or maxcap to their hearts content.

If the worry is about stretching an incoherent round for an indefinite amount of time, then, as some have already pointed out, it could come alongside an unrecallable shuttle call.

Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #627567

I like post-revs but some extra statuses to clear things up could be good
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #627568

Honestly I think there's a real cool potential to victory changing the game state in some significant way.

I might be the only person who ever did this but I had some genuinely fun rounds as a headrev/rev who won continuing the effort to implement the revolution after the fact, with the only pain point of doing this being the total lack of any info on who was rev or not.

Permabrigging the authority and keeping the Head Revs as antagonists with different objectives would be kind of cool. What if their was a follow up. Maybe a big station project, maybe producing enough weapons to bring onto the emergency shuttle to bring the revolution to centcom. Maybe having to bring the heads of staff alive and in chains. What if we do the reverse, and roundstart security become antagonists? Now you have to yank your implant out and sabotage from within.

My point is there's so much scope here for a cool station state and it'd be a shame to give up on it and go back to the very gamey, instantwin rev victory method we had before. It did often result in rounds just ending for basically no reason when one or two heads die randomly, and in dynamic it ruins the opportunity for other antags to be involved.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #627748

I was giving an idea for how to maybe give the enemies of the state some more direction. Namely, give them huds for each other (just like the revs), and give them the objective to kill the previous headrevs. That might help with both ensuring the enemies of the state have more focused objectives than just being anteg, and something of a victory case for them as well. It might keep the action going, basically, into the post-rev scenario.
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer

Post by Mothblocks » #627763

I'd be fine with that since it doesn't break any nongoals and head of staff don't have to do it or anything, I'm just not confident it'll solve the gameplay concerns of every non-headrev/head of staff/sec

nianjiilical
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Nianjiilical

Post by nianjiilical » #627793

if you held a gun to my head and told me to try to improve postrevs id say "change everyones rev icons to grey, let headrevs continue to convert nonrevs, make other antags allowed to kill their fellow revs if they have grey icons, give headrevs post-success fluff objectives, give any surviving heads/sec survive objectives (maybe make them proper antags??)"
human: ramon chivara
ai: shitpost generator
borg: shite-115
clown: donk tonkler
mime: beautiful noise

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer

Post by Mothblocks » #627797

I remember one of the original "teach policy through gameplay" ideas was to give everyone a grey R but to make it so antags didn't see them, so they wouldn't think they're on the same team (and punish people who use it to metagame). Letting headrevs still convert after the fact is likely fine, would start more conflict between mindshielded crew which isn't wholy a bad thing. That's my favorite suggestion so far I think

cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #627805

Don't add a traitor test. I thought we learned that with syndicakes healing traitors and failing to debrain changelings. Instead, make post-rev a distinct antag, convert existing revs to it and explain the rules in the antag pop-up.

Also, shouldn't every non-mindshield implanted crewmember be a post-rev? It's a station run by the revs. This would make all mindshielded crew loyalists who could then mindshield other people to make them loyalists too. On the off chance the loyalists managed to kill the revheads then things would go back to normal. If the loyalists died the round would continue as usual.
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #627807

Consider:

+ Let Rev Heads keep converting and revs keep seeing each other, as suggested, good idea 10/10

+ Change the Cargo Shuttle to a Syndicate Cargo Shuttle and give the rev station an objective to fire Bluespace Artillery at CentCom, which DOES end the round

+ Spawn an ERT automatically if the emergency shuttle is called?
blackdav123
Byond Username: Blackdav123

Post by blackdav123 » #627924

Pandarsenic wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:42 pm + Change the Cargo Shuttle to a Syndicate Cargo Shuttle and give the rev station an objective to fire Bluespace Artillery at CentCom, which DOES end the round
This is a really cool idea, maybe make it like a reverse nuke ops thing? The revs get some sort of beacon to call in a prototype bluespace artillery and need to protect it as it charges for ~15 minutes. Mindshielded crew and some sort of ERT or marines spawn in to try and disable the machine, ending the round if it is either defused or if it fires.
Weston Echard on Sybil
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #628097

Undo post revs
Whoneedspacee
Byond Username: Whoneedspacee

Post by Whoneedspacee » #628267

post revs spawns a super blob sent by nanotrasen to retrieve dna samples of the crew so they can be cloned and tortured for eternity

this is seen as a threat by the wizards who have been trying to exterminate blobbed creatures as they sap them of their magic

its then a 3 way war between the wizards revs and nanotrasen

the ancient being on icemoon sees this as a disturbance in the balance of all things and decides that if only one faction remained out of the three then it would be balanced with the syndicate and clowns

the first one to defeat their foe then gets a sharpness 5 diamond sword for the ending battle royale where all 3 factions are summoned to an arena on ice moon where they can fight to the death or attempt to group up and defeat cthulhu once and for all

in the end it is revealed that the ancient being is the orange man who was replaced by a ghost but now you have freed him from his possession and he will return balance to the force by sending everyone back in time and removing your powers

you wake up in your department and another day on space station 13 starts but you know in your heart that nothing will ever be the same, you put on your space suit and decide to set out on an adventure to find out the secrets of these ancient beings and take their powers for yourself
retired ss13 coderman
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #628308

that's infection gamemode
mindstormy
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Mindstormy