thermal pistols are shit

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Re: thermal pistols are shit

Post by NecromancerAnne » #632006

Bottom post of the previous page:

they were using a temperature gun, not the alternating pistol. 4-5 shots is indeed exactly the amount of shots I aimed for, so it appears to be working as intended.
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #632185

Longestarmlonglaw wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:34 am Thermal Pistols are fine, But they need to change the temperature of opponents, So you don't have to powergame a temperature gun,
Yeah this is confusing for people, lots of sec players think "oh thermal pistols will change their temp so I can switch back and forth for their special effects" but it's not the case.
Longestarmlonglaw wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:34 amInteresting guns, Want to see them more, they suck against xenos, but HOLY SHIT USE LASERS ON XENOS,
to be fair autorifles weren't great against xenos either, lasers were still probably better because they take so much burn damage
Spoiler:
Longestarmlonglaw
Byond Username: Longestarmlonglaw

Post by Longestarmlonglaw » #634471

Cyro pistols are powerful on their own, inferno pistols more powerful when with a temp gun'

Cyro only does 40 damage and knockdown, inferno instacrits when cold enough

Yet cyro is more better for general combat without a temp gun, As pierce wounds are no fucking joke