Quirks are underwhelming

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Quirks are underwhelming

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #636378

None of them really do anything or add interesting gameplay options or situations. Only some negative ones have a real impact.

Throw them all out and start over. The only ones worth saving are trauma perks like pacifist and paraplegic.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Re: Quirks are underwhelming

Post by Nabski » #636381

Only negative ones having a real impact is intended so you're not forced to take some "meta" quirk for powergaming purposes.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #636394

I'll fully admit, I fucking despise the Trash Vore perk that (presumably) makes or helps people eat a bunch of fucking raw monkey organs instead of the chef's actual food.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #636397

Quirks are for roleplay and not mechanical power, and it's hard to create something that's good for roleplay that actually deserves to cost points, especially given the negative quirks you'd have to take. That's why you haven't seen any new positive quirks, but you have seen more negative and neutral quirks--neutral quirks are where the positive-but-just-for-roleplay stuff tends to go.
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #636399

Pandarsenic wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:59 am I'll fully admit, I fucking despise the Trash Vore perk that (presumably) makes or helps people eat a bunch of fucking raw monkey organs instead of the chef's actual food.
Look, eating peoples hearts in front of them is funny, okay? It gets a great response every time I do it.
Rageguy505
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rageguy505

Post by Rageguy505 » #636437

Blindness locks you out of being a revolutionary and it's funny when they try to flash you for it, it's gotten me mobbed and killed before. That's a interesting situation
CDranzer
Byond Username: CDranzer

Post by CDranzer » #636439

I kind of wish quirks all had positives but everybody got three free ones or something, kind of a character customization thing.
BrianBackslide
Byond Username: BrianBackslide

Post by BrianBackslide » #636470

Pandarsenic wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:59 am I'll fully admit, I fucking despise the Trash Vore perk that (presumably) makes or helps people eat a bunch of fucking raw monkey organs instead of the chef's actual food.
As a Lizard player, I want to eat all the bread and cheese I want and you can't stop me!

I would totally be down for a two left feet quirk, though.