Bulky guns

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Longestarmlonglaw
Byond Username: Longestarmlonglaw

Bulky guns

Post by Longestarmlonglaw » #636650

guns being made bulky means you can barely kill shit with your peashooter, so you need to carry more to prevent yourself from dying, but surprise bulky.

It was made bulky because stuffing 7 guns in your bag, just code a list of guns, like laser and energy guns, and cap the amount that can fit in a bag to 2, Want to carry more on your belt or suit storage? Sacrificing concealability for firepower

Oh, and makes the gun thief who has to steal guns better to play
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Re: Bulky guns

Post by Mothblocks » #636653

you can't kill people with one gun? i can
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
Longestarmlonglaw

Post by Longestarmlonglaw » #636662

Mothblocks wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:14 pm you can't kill people with one gun? i can
Did you just spawn an energy gun and dummy at centcom, and shoot a non-moving target to say you can kill somebody with one gun, or can you actually aim?
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #636666

No I play the game
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #636668

Just shoot better.
thgvr
Byond Username: Thgvr

Post by thgvr » #636672

Guns in bags are bad for the game.
Longestarmlonglaw

Post by Longestarmlonglaw » #636678

thgvr wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:00 pm Guns in bags are bad for the game.
Thermal pistols, ARE NORMAL SIZZZEDD????? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #636732

OP, this isn't fortnite, you aren't supposed to pretend to have a seizure while shooting people in this game.
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #636740

Just add a short action timer every time you put a large item (i.e. a gun) into your bag or take it out.
► Show Spoiler
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #636787

Not being able to carry guns in bags is a huge pain in the ass in terms of managing your inventory and not having it stolen when you inevitably need to put it down to juggle things. It would've been a better solution to just arbitrarily prevent more than one in a bag.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #636790

Sore memories of antags dispersing guns (especially size-reduction like saw-off's) is slightly offset that it always held contributors back in making guns sufficiently powerful for fear of inventory stacking tactics to always play it safe, so overall im optimistic about this change even if it isn't immediately right now very helpful.

Perhaps even, boomsticks can make a valiant return. (revert this)

Spoiler:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #636791

guns should be bulkier, you shouldn't be able to hold them in one hand

or at least, trying to fire one with one hand instantly breaks your arm and knocks you unconscious as the gun flies into your face

larger guns will be converted into crew served weaponry
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #636803

Just add 40 damage muskets that are two handed with a 1 minute reload that has a 50% chance of failure which requires another reload and a 10% chance of blowing up in your face. This will require firing lines for peak efficiency
► Show Spoiler
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #637210

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:46 pm guns should be bulkier, you shouldn't be able to hold them in one hand

or at least, trying to fire one with one hand instantly breaks your arm and knocks you unconscious as the gun flies into your face

larger guns will be converted into crew served weaponry
can we add a muscle system?
Living God

Extraordinary Person

FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #637268

Shadowflame909 wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:11 am Just add 40 damage muskets that are two handed with a 1 minute reload that has a 50% chance of failure which requires another reload and a 10% chance of blowing up in your face. This will require firing lines for peak efficiency
Her Majesty's Syndicate Redcoat Royal-Navy marines reporting for service. (pic enclosed:)
► Show Spoiler
Though how far will be too far for damage. Both types of laser and ballistic waste anything over 200 delivered damage (classically shottie burst close range multiple instance) is wasted, lasers can husk but bullets soak and have always been the more noticably weak option for it versus the traitor validator laserguns when scaled down to pea-shooters requiring high bursts of ammunition (seldom used sec-rifles, traitor fast-trigger 10mm's etc). Some way to use that excess damage, maybe as dismemberment or special projectile instance

Det might even get their hand-cannon back to blow off someone's leg after rigging the ammunition for a clutch kill.

Spoiler:
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #637289

FantasticFwoosh wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:42 pm Sore memories of antags dispersing guns (especially size-reduction like saw-off's) is slightly offset that it always held contributors back in making guns sufficiently powerful for fear of inventory stacking tactics to always play it safe, so overall im optimistic about this change even if it isn't immediately right now very helpful.

Perhaps even, boomsticks can make a valiant return. (revert this)
I'm optimistic that one day shotguns will be fun again.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
massa
Byond Username: Massa100

Post by massa » #637579

Guns are fine and the amount you can carry has been well balanced.

For those who need extra firepower, the HoS and Cap have backpack guns too, modsuit holsters, suit storage, belts. This is very deliberate and even as a security player when contending with my limited space I find it to be good.
Longestarmlonglaw wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:01 pm
Mothblocks wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:14 pm you can't kill people with one gun? i can
Did you just spawn an energy gun and dummy at centcom, and shoot a non-moving target to say you can kill somebody with one gun, or can you actually aim?
Earn your frags buddy we do it with some tables and a spear.
:donut2: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :donut2:
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #637651

no it's bad the bag should just only allow one gun but only if you don't have it on armour or belt this would make no sense from an IC perspective and be completely unintuitive to players unfamiliar with the mechanic but it's how it should work so i don't have to juggle a bunch of bullshit because i'm holding a gun i can't put away and can't put down because an lrp player is going to swipe it and it's too much of a pain in the ass to find a locked room to do it