Why are embedded items so tough to take out

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Why are embedded items so tough to take out

Post by Shadowflame909 » #645731

You have to examine yourself and click on a small underlined text-line in the chatbox while chat is constantly filling up with new words and your probably still being attacked by whatever hit you with the embedded item. You also have to find a safe place to stand still and take the item out, and then take damage again for taking it out.

Shouldn't such a reoccuring source of damage be an action button instead? Like how the adrenaline state works.
► Show Spoiler
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Re: Why are embedded items so tough to take out

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #645769

Probably due to high risk high reward. Embeds usually only happen when thrown, so, if you miss, you're out your weapon and potentially even armed your enemy with their own throw embed weapon.
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #645771

Just because nobody's made it an action button yet, but that being said you also need to factor in that multiple embeds can be in someone at once, and sometimes a LOT of them at once.
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #645823

You should just have to help your arm (i.e. left-click on area without combat mode on)