The Antag Nerfening

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

The Antag Nerfening

Post by sinfulbliss » #651299

in no particular order:

- adrenals removed (no way to resist batongs)
- agent ID can't copy all of another ID's access
- carp nerfed (can't attack while deflecting, can't deflect while stunned)
- deswords nerfed (no knockdown, lose to batong RNG)
- emag nerfed (can't doorjack, extra 3 TC for airlock)
- detomatix no longer sends an explosion automatically
- all useful offensive tot items locked behind completing 15+ min of fetchquests
- contractor removed
- romerol removed
- cult mirror shield removed
- combat equipment spell no longer gives longsword
- heretic "sacrifices" revive the sac to full HP instead of gibbing
- QM now as a head of staff imbalances revs

over the past couple years antags have been made weaker and weaker. the vast majority of antags except those with 1000+ hours are forced to scuttle around doing minor subversion to stay as stealthy as possible (i.e. out of the stories of as many players as possible) to avoid getting owned by whoever with a batong sees them. issue is worse with traitors and heretics, although revs and cult have been having issues winning recently as well

this issue doesn't exist on manuel but i would argue buffing antags would be a net positive for TG because they can't murderbone anyways on manuel
Spoiler:
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Re: The Antag Nerfening

Post by Shadowflame909 » #651300

im just waiting for the sec nerf so i can do gimmicks again without dying painfully and then having my brain hidden away in a toolbox in the armory

antags have definitely gotten weaker..but sec is bloodthirsty as ever

Which leads me to only be able to play in one way. maximum stealth greyshit powergaming. Can't be murdered as valid when I'm using tider tools to complete objectives.
► Show Spoiler
blackdav123
Byond Username: Blackdav123

Post by blackdav123 » #651301

dual wielding disablers is the bane of all antag enjoyment

we should steal the akimbo mechanics from TGMC where dual wielding doesnt increase DPS because you're just shooting both guns one by one with all the delay of one gun
Weston Echard on Sybil
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #651320

Latejoining as a heretic during a high-threat round and becoming an eldritch ambulance is kinda wack.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #651321

One of the nerfs I really hate is that guns no longer fit backpacks. Sec has it easy because it fits their armor, but for the rest it's either use your only belt slot or nothing.

Backpacks should just fit 1-2 guns again.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #651329

i'm still seething over them taking out swarmers, i'll get back to you in a couple months about detomaxes being 100% unused now
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #651331

CPTANT wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:26 am One of the nerfs I really hate is that guns no longer fit backpacks. Sec has it easy because it fits their armor, but for the rest it's either use your only belt slot or nothing.

The game has definitely become a lot more restrictive and linear instead of the sandbox it was once hailed to be. From antag systems to Job tools getting nerfed and only fitting in job-specific toolbelts. (Looking at you Advanced Engi tools)

I'm just glad mothblocks dnm'd the stun-baton nerf where it'd only fit in toolbelts and not backpacks. That'd of killed the stealth antag build 100%
► Show Spoiler
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #651340

Shadowflame909 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:29 pm
CPTANT wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:26 am One of the nerfs I really hate is that guns no longer fit backpacks. Sec has it easy because it fits their armor, but for the rest it's either use your only belt slot or nothing.

The game has definitely become a lot more restrictive and linear instead of the sandbox it was once hailed to be. From antag systems to Job tools getting nerfed and only fitting in job-specific toolbelts. (Looking at you Advanced Engi tools)

I'm just glad mothblocks dnm'd the stun-baton nerf where it'd only fit in toolbelts and not backpacks. That'd of killed the stealth antag build 100%
Also a lot of job specific traits/antag gear creeped in over the years.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
toemas
Byond Username: Realthoman_

Post by toemas » #651342

heretics reviving people is the most ridiculous shit ever imo
cocothegogo
Byond Username: Cocothegog0

Post by cocothegogo » #651352

this is because the coders hate murderbone for some reason
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #651362

cocothegogo wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 6:21 pm this is because the coders hate murderbone for some reason
Possibly because large-scale murderbone kills server pop, which makes any other game design pointless.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
toemas

Post by toemas » #651365

datorangebottle wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:19 pm large-scale murderbone kills server pop, which makes any other game design pointless.
People leave when they die and are not able to play anymore, thats not a problem, its the nature of the game. The potential for mass death/chaos is part of what makes it so fun.
some of my favorite rounds were when some gamer was going around massacring everyone, the halls were just littered with bodies and devastation and you had to fight tooth and nail to escape alive or defeat the maniac.
Last edited by toemas on Sat Sep 03, 2022 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #651369

toemas wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:15 pm
datorangebottle wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:19 pm large-scale murderbone kills server pop, which makes any other game design pointless.
thats not a problem
Except for the part where it makes the game less chaotic as a consequence of having less people connected and playing on the server. Like, for that round? sure, it's pretty fun to run away from or try to plan for/outrobust the mass murderer. but next round there's gonna be like 20 people roundstart, which is going to make less people want to play, and then the server's dead for the rest of the day.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
toemas

Post by toemas » #651370

datorangebottle wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:47 pm but next round there's gonna be like 20 people roundstart
i've never seen the pop dive like that before after a murderbone, at most i've seen like a 10 player or 20 player decrease on highpop.
Im sure its happened before but i dont think the entire server leaving because of a murderbone ever happens frequently enough to warrant nerfing antags into the ground to prevent it
HeyHey
Byond Username: Heyhey69

Post by HeyHey » #651377

I hate that the solution to round removal is ham-stringing antags instead of adding things ghosts would want to do. Even a heavily limited "respawn" as a different crew member would be a better solution then the current direction.
toemas

Post by toemas » #651379

also ironically long shifts where nothing happens cause huge pop deaths too so its not really even a solution lol
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #651382

toemas wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:07 pm
datorangebottle wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:47 pm but next round there's gonna be like 20 people roundstart
i've never seen the pop dive like that before after a murderbone, at most i've seen like a 10 player or 20 player decrease on highpop.
Im sure its happened before but i dont think the entire server leaving because of a murderbone ever happens frequently enough to warrant nerfing antags into the ground to prevent it
I have.

they are absolutely right that murderboning kills server pop, short term AND long term
back when hippiestation was in its death throes one of the things that finished it off for good was the utterly constant round after round murder of every single player playing, by ONLY 1 or 2 people, everytime they got antag. if they DIDNT get antag, they would valid hunt the fuck OUT of the antags. the admins and coders did absolutely NOTHING to combat this, and eventually everyone just stopped playing. I screamed about this on hippieforums for a solid half year before everyone just completely stopped playing and then the server died.

murderboning the entire population of a server IS only something that should happen every once in a great while. people will leave for the rest of the night or go play on another server if its constant. it's why admins are encouraged to send ERTs, and dynamic mode definitely helps combat it too a bit.

i love a good murderbone too but its something that should happen sparingly
toemas

Post by toemas » #651386

Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 3:30 am i've never seen the pop dive like that before after a murderbone, at most i've seen like a 10 player or 20 player decrease on highpop.
they are absolutely right that murderboning kills server pop, short term AND long term
back when hippiestation was in its death throes one of the things that finished it off for good was the utterly constant round after round murder of every single player playing, by ONLY 1 or 2 people, everytime they got antag. if they DIDNT get antag, they would valid hunt the fuck OUT of the antags. the admins and coders did absolutely NOTHING to combat this, and eventually everyone just stopped playing. I screamed about this on hippieforums for a solid half year before everyone just completely stopped playing and then the server died.
yeah that sounds like it would suck but administrative intervention would be the proper solution to that and not kneecapping antags, wouldnt you agree? rounds have just been so STALE recently, i think it is mostly a player issue but certain recent code changes certainly havent helped... you have some really cool stuff like mothblocks dynamic and blade path but theres just so much lame shit like heretics reviving people and garbage fetch quests
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #651388

toemas wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 3:57 am
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 3:30 am i've never seen the pop dive like that before after a murderbone, at most i've seen like a 10 player or 20 player decrease on highpop.
yeah that sounds like it would suck but administrative intervention would be the proper solution to that and not kneecapping antags, wouldnt you agree? rounds have just been so STALE recently, i think it is mostly a player issue but certain recent code changes certainly havent helped... you have some really cool stuff like mothblocks dynamic and blade path but theres just so much lame shit like heretics reviving people and garbage fetch quests
>lame shit like heretics reviving people

keeping people playing in the round in any capacity is a good thing
a mix of antag nerfs and admin intervention is the best solution, continually adding new antags works too
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Post by Helios » #651391

datorangebottle wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:19 pm
cocothegogo wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 6:21 pm this is because the coders hate murderbone for some reason
Possibly because large-scale murderbone kills server pop, which makes any other game design pointless.
Perhaps we could offer a check on murderbone.
Like some kind of machine that could revive people without the work of doctors as the bodies pile up. Some kind of cloner.
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 3:30 am I have.

murderboning the entire population of a server IS only something that should happen every once in a great while. people will leave for the rest of the night or go play on another server if its constant. it's why admins are encouraged to send ERTs, and dynamic mode definitely helps combat it too a bit.

Sounds like big fish in a little pond. My intuitive response would be for other players to get on their level, but that's easier said then done. The other solution would be items or abilities that level the playing field, that can be used by the unrobust against the robust, but not vice versa.

Also: Orbiting the singularity as it slowly eats the station is extremely satisfying. I seem to remember a lot of ghosts orbiting too, instead of quitting. Blob eating the station does not compare.
toemas

Post by toemas » #651392

Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 4:54 am keeping people playing in the round in any capacity is a good thing
a mix of antag nerfs and admin intervention is the best solution, continually adding new antags works too
the point of antags is that they add conflict and chaos to the round, trying to minimize round removal/death like this has only made the game less interesting
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #651393

Helios wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 5:27 am
datorangebottle wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:19 pm
Perhaps we could offer a check on murderbone.
Like some kind of machine that could revive people without the work of doctors as the bodies pile up. Some kind of cloner.
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 3:30 am I have.

Sounds like big fish in a little pond. My intuitive response would be for other players to get on their level, but that's easier said then done. The other solution would be items or abilities that level the playing field, that can be used by the unrobust against the robust, but not vice versa.

Also: Orbiting the singularity as it slowly eats the station is extremely satisfying. I seem to remember a lot of ghosts orbiting too, instead of quitting. Blob eating the station does not compare.
30 people waiting in line to be cloned didnt work out so well, ever
getting rid of cloning was fantastic
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #651394

toemas wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 5:56 am
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 4:54 am keeping people playing in the round in any capacity is a good thing
the point of antags is that they add conflict and chaos to the round, trying to minimize round removal/death like this has only made the game less interesting
i can cause plenty of chaos and conflict by running around with a syndicate bomb for a minute and a half
i dont need to murder the entire server pop to do it
toemas

Post by toemas » #651399

Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:05 am i can cause plenty of chaos and conflict by running around with a syndicate bomb for a minute and a half
i dont need to murder the entire server pop to do it
I don't see how that contradicts what I said, you seem to be misunderstanding me
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #651401

Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 4:54 am
toemas wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 3:57 am
>lame shit like heretics reviving people

keeping people playing in the round in any capacity is a good thing
No, it just removes all the stakes and thus the tension. Why would I fear heretics? I know if they sacrifice me I will get back anyway (unless you really suck).
Rageguy505
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rageguy505

Post by Rageguy505 » #651441

I dislike the heretic change, before there was the substantial crime of murder that you could easily tie to a heretic. Now their main crime is just being valid and that's really boring to deal with.
And the mirror shield nerf makes sense since slugs and buckshot were removed. Security has seen nerfs with their ballistic weapons, but it dosent matter a whole lot since they still got the baton.
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #651472

I don't understand where this idea that space station 13 being a paranoia-laden round based roleplaying game set against the backdrop of a nonsensical metal deathtrap masquerading as a space station comes from. Isn't it just a job simulator chatroom wherein every 40 minutes you walk to a spaceship which restarts the round?
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #651566

aren't you the guy who attacked a blob player as a heretic?

no wonder the antags win rate is down
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #651585

oranges wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 4:00 am aren't you the guy who attacked a blob player as a heretic?

no wonder the antags win rate is down
Ha

Blob actually isn't listed here because they're one of the few antags that aren't nerfed, in fact they've become even stronger after Z-levels were added because they can choose difficult-to-access lower Z levels and then break the stairs preventing people from accessing them.
Spoiler:
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #651593

Just thinking out loud here maybe we should have something between "every round is a server wiper" and "every round nothing happens"
Whoneedspacee
Byond Username: Whoneedspacee

Post by Whoneedspacee » #651633

Armhulen wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:57 pm Just thinking out loud here maybe we should have something between "every round is a server wiper" and "every round nothing happens"
admin issue thread locked
retired ss13 coderman
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #651702

I find that antags are just slow. Prog antags take ages to build up and even when they manage to a lot of the tools they unlock are useless.

Stealth is pretty much the only way to play which is why so many rounds feel kinda boring.
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #651704

chocolate_bickie wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:49 pm I find that antags are just slow. Prog antags take ages to build up and even when they manage to a lot of the tools they unlock are useless.

Stealth is pretty much the only way to play which is why so many rounds feel kinda boring.

designer didnt like to be e-sworded at roundstart

so now every roundstart you can guarantee nothing will happen

They succeeded..but was it good for the game?
► Show Spoiler
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #651774

I think it's okay in moderation. Heretics are pretty fighty, or can be, relatively early if they can get at rifts, but its strictly 1v1. Tots are maybe the slowest right now.

I now have an important question. Has anyone seen a changeling for the last few months? Did they get disabled? Whats up?
san7890
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: San7890
Github Username: san7890

Post by san7890 » #651775

I was changeling last week and it was still fine.
Simultaneously making both the best and worst jokes on the internet. I like looking at maps and code. Learn how to map today!. You may rate me here.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #651781

I feel the urge to play changeling every now and again and get up to dumb shit, because I know I can do things that risk my own safety and be entirely fine. Because it's funny.

And I don't mean in a fighting sense, I mean 'boy I sure do love drinking sulphuric acid' funny.
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #651787

NecromancerAnne wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:59 am I feel the urge to play changeling every now and again and get up to dumb shit, because I know I can do things that risk my own safety and be entirely fine. Because it's funny.

And I don't mean in a fighting sense, I mean 'boy I sure do love drinking sulphuric acid' funny.
I agree. I remember grenade spearing people as changeling because I could literally just regenerate and do it again.
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #651808

chocolate_bickie wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:45 am
NecromancerAnne wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:59 am I feel the urge to play changeling every now and again and get up to dumb shit, because I know I can do things that risk my own safety and be entirely fine. Because it's funny.

I agree. I remember grenade spearing people as changeling because I could literally just regenerate and do it again.
There was one very annoying ling once that got the RD hardsuit and then suicide bombed everyone and just got up again because the suit has bomb protection. He literally did this with 6 maxcaps and there wasn't jack anyone could do about it because everyone who knew it was him doing the bombing just got blown up.
blackdav123
Byond Username: Blackdav123

Post by blackdav123 » #651809

traitors and heretics are more common because those both have latejoin/midround while changeling is roundstart only
Weston Echard on Sybil
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #651810

I prefer weaker antags than attempts to remove violence from antags (Via code like Heretic shadow realm, or anti-murderboning polices.)
The seen problem is that people being absolutely destroyed by antags every all to often.
The solution that makes the most sense is to make them weaker, instead of limiting their agency.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #651998

Also if terry players just played the game less optimally this wouldn't be a problem just saying.
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #652010

oranges wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:24 am Also if terry players just played the game less optimally this wouldn't be a problem just saying.
"No, the players are wrong!" is a mortal blow to game development.
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #652030

oranges wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:24 am Also if terry players just played the game less optimally this wouldn't be a problem just saying.
Level of english issue.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #652034

CPTANT wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:47 pm
snarky response:We have been doing it that way for the past 5 years so what's changed?

People playing this game as if it was a league of legends MOBA are literally making the game unfun for themselves, this game will never be well balanced because it's a sandbox game it's simply not possible.

Playing to win actually saps your own enjoyment of the product.
toemas

Post by toemas » #652055

this isnt a terry-exclusive issue, most of the people complaining about it in this thread dont play terry
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #652059

The same response applies to them too
Time to kill people more imo
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #652062

oranges wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:11 pm People playing this game as if it was a league of legends MOBA are literally making the game unfun for themselves, this game will never be well balanced because it's a sandbox game it's simply not possible.

Players haven't been playing to win anymore than they have 2 years ago. The difference is after several nerfs players that do this affect the rounds of antags even more.
If all these nerfs were initially in the interest of balance then clearly you do care about balance at least to some degree.
Spoiler:
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #652063

Best changeling gimmick recently for me is griefing my target by pretending to be strangers.

I've done it twice so far where I stealth dna sting like 20 different people, remove all my clothes and carry a generic leather bag. Then I just use the shapeshift + fake clothes and welder bomb/chainsaw/drill my target until they're a paranoid wreck when anyone gets close.

Great for paranoia and false arrests! (and I dont get gibbed because no one knows im a changeling. They all think im just a dead griefer)

Going Loud will grant you a short round. But generate lots of tension and excitement for a bit. While going stealth will make people wonder why there's such a big greytiding problem. But grant you the epic greentext.
► Show Spoiler
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #652145

oranges wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:11 pm
CPTANT wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:47 pm
snarky response:We have been doing it that way for the past 5 years so what's changed?

People playing this game as if it was a league of legends MOBA are literally making the game unfun for themselves, this game will never be well balanced because it's a sandbox game it's simply not possible.

Then why block the return of the more RP, sandbox style old traitor in favour of the mechanically driven prog traitor that is way more railroaded into a pay to win style?
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #652183

Because we had severe problems with managing the destructive scaling of antagonists, and people won't stop abusing all the worst combinations to cause maximum damage in the first 5 minutes of the round.

I would have preferred not to but I really don't believe we had a choice.