Please make it so that the colossus shotgun attack (Retribution?) cannot go around corners

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Please make it so that the colossus shotgun attack (Retribution?) cannot go around corners

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #655490

Not sure if this is actually possible or potentially too difficult, but...

When playing shaft miner, I often like to fight megafauna at the hierophant's arena, because it's made of invulnerable terrain. One of the best strategies for fighting the colossus is to lure it to one of the four 2x2 squares in the corner of the arena, and kite it in circles around the square to avoid it's deathbolts. The only problem is, when doing this, it's ohko shotgun deathbolt attack (Retribution?) has a tendency to just fucking ignore the walls and swoop around a corner to hit you anyway. I've died to this more than once, and yes, I am salty about it. Please fix it so that deathbolts cannot clip around corners of invulnerable walls. It could potentially be an issue of the location of where the bolts are spawned from the colossus, but I do not know.
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Re: Please make it so that the colossus shotgun attack (Retribution?) cannot go around corners

Post by EmpressMaia » #655496

First of all, L + you died

Second of all I think this is a sprite issue
Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Epicgamer545

Re: Please make it so that the colossus shotgun attack (Retribution?) cannot go around corners

Post by Epicgamer545 » #655685

Dodge the bolts?
Epicgamer545
J. Howard, microcelebrity & ExOS
game admin - I am still a admin, please subject me to 4 hours of tickets
► Show Spoiler
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #655689

Also it's better to fight the colossus in open areas. I have around 40 or so colossus kills and its much easier on a big plain than in a confined area
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #655708

Epicgamer545 wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 6:03 pm Dodge the bolts?
I mean yes, im bad, but, still, they shouldnt magically clip through corners.
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #655743

Easy fix: make colossus bolts hitting indestructible walls damage the nearest player because this is cheese
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #655809

Rohen_Tahir wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 12:46 am Easy fix: make colossus bolts hitting indestructible walls damage the nearest player because this is cheese
The colossus ignoring armor entirely and doing half your health in one bullet hell spread attack is already broken

Being able to redirect the hits with something else is just smart gameplay
► Show Spoiler
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #655818

Shadowflame909 wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:39 am
Rohen_Tahir wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 12:46 am Easy fix: make colossus bolts hitting indestructible walls damage the nearest player because this is cheese
The colossus ignoring armor entirely and doing half your health in one bullet hell spread attack is already broken

Being able to redirect the hits with something else is just smart gameplay
Cheese
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #655838

Heiro trophy got removed for cheese now people use heiro arena for cheese. Ouroborus.. maybe maybe the bolts cause a small explosion on hitting an indestructible surface
johnfulpwillard
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: John Willard

Post by johnfulpwillard » #655858

You're the one getting an advantage by using another megafauna's arena, I don't see the problem that the colossus has somewhat of a chance to counter it.
Your admin button here, coder!