Why doesn't the chat bar automatically add say" anymore?

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
HeyHey
Byond Username: Heyhey69

Why doesn't the chat bar automatically add say" anymore?

Post by HeyHey » #666833

Recently I've had the issue where if I hit backspace to delete say" or ooc" I cannot hit tab or enter to get it to pop up again.
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Re: Why doesn't the chat bar automatically add say" anymore?

Post by bobbahbrown » #666851

greetings,

For several years now the non-hotkey Users have been slowly targeted by a building poliCy of anti-hotKeyism. what you have noticed is only a side effect, and seeing as you are not a dirty non-HOTKEY user you Shouldn't worry. everything is normal.

victory to HotkEytopia. may we extinguish the Light of classic keys users, and bring us a Poetic jUStice.

best wishes,
bobbah 'bee' brown

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
warbluke
Byond Username: Warbluke

Post by warbluke » #666895

I have never been able to use hotkeys, They confuse me. Luckily a lot of baycode servers have you type the full Say out to talk so I'm used to this at least.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #666898

I don't like using hotkeys for say because it's easier to hit tab and run away than it is to X out of the say window that pops up.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #666943

HeyHey wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 11:43 pm Recently I've had the issue where if I hit backspace to delete say" or ooc" I cannot hit tab or enter to get it to pop up again.
This is a bug