Should borgs really have haloperidol?

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
DaydreamIQ
Byond Username: DaydreamIQ

Should borgs really have haloperidol?

Post by DaydreamIQ » #682181

So medborgs have a lot of helpful chems at their disposal but the one that always confuses me is Haloperidol. It's intended use is for purging chems and removing dizziness, however because it does stamina damage its more often than not used by borgs to put violent people to sleep. The issue being that not only does it do a minor amount of brain damage (to a cap of 50) but also takes longer than most other chems to naturally pass through your system. Meaning that if you don't have multiver on hand your ass is gonna be passing out over and over until you can drag your ass to medbay.

So since this chem isn't really used for its intended purpose (Seriously the extended hypo gives you pentic just use that). Would anyone really miss it if it was removed and/or replaced with something else like Calmoel or anointed Mercury?

Alternatively we could just remove the stam damage entirely so borgs can't use it to validhunt anymore while keeping it in use.
vect0r
Byond Username: Vect0r

Re: Should borgs really have haloperidol?

Post by vect0r » #682192

“Removing violent people” is not valid hunting. It is the only way we really have to stop a sec officer who is trying to execute somebody.
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #682199

Don't borgs have tirimol? That is plenty enough to stop violent people.

Haloperidol I have not seen used for its medicinal purpose a single time. It's definitely used exclusively as a combat tool.
Spoiler:
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #682205

Borgs should be systematically deprived of anything that allows them to affect the round and this is a logical next step
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Striders13
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Striders13

Post by Striders13 » #682208

this chem is scaringly effective. Recently I was playing a traitor, a mediborg passed by me and I ended up sleeping for 2 minutes, then falling in and out of sleep for 10 more. I thought the borg HAD to be emagged to be able to pull it, but nope. Skill issue probably.
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #682212

Cyborgs are fine the way they are. Not op, not under powered. They have their weaknesses and advantages.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #682213

Pandarsenic wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:03 pm Borgs should be systematically deprived of anything that allows them to affect the round and this is a logical next step
BAIT
sinfulbliss wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:53 pm Don't borgs have tirimol? That is plenty enough to stop violent people.

Haloperidol I have not seen used for its medicinal purpose a single time. It's definitely used exclusively as a combat tool.
I can see the usefulness in purging chems for healing but the conflict of dealing brain damage is just very antithetical to borgs
DaydreamIQ

Post by DaydreamIQ » #682228

sinfulbliss wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:53 pm Don't borgs have tirimol? That is plenty enough to stop violent people.

No they have Convermol not Tirimol, and yeah that's my point. Pentic is already a fantastic purging chem so why not replace it with something more suitable for a Borg, they've got a flash for dealing with most people as is and if they really want the funny sleep chem they can just make morphine.

Hell, since the expanded hypo is just a step up of all the chems they start with, why not Atropine?
Last edited by DaydreamIQ on Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlueMemesauce
Byond Username: BlueMemesauce

Post by BlueMemesauce » #682229

Just make it so asimov borgs aren't allowed to deal organ harm, now its not a problem if the ai is at least asimov
Problem is it would make mediborgs useless because all the chems deal organ harm now
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #682230

if this is being abused at the first instance it's an admin issue.

Unless it's continous, ongoing and admins are not investigating or complaining it's very unlikely we would change it unless someone was overhauling the entire medborg arsenal.
DaydreamIQ

Post by DaydreamIQ » #682234

oranges wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:10 pm if this is being abused at the first instance it's an admin issue.

Unless it's continous, ongoing and admins are not investigating or complaining it's very unlikely we would change it unless someone was overhauling the entire medborg arsenal.
Hard to really make it an admin issue since TECHNICALLY it isn't harmful because of the whole 'Organ damage isn't harm' thing. Which was probably put in place because all the standard chems do organ damage for whatever reason
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #682617

DaydreamIQ wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:19 pm
oranges wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:10 pm if this is being abused at the first instance it's an admin issue.

Hard to really make it an admin issue since TECHNICALLY it isn't harmful because of the whole 'Organ damage isn't harm' thing. Which was probably put in place because all the standard chems do organ damage for whatever reason
If it's not harmful, what's the issue?

Are you upset mediborgs have SOME WAY of non-lethally impacting the round?

How awful. We must remove this immediately.